Real Estate Out of this World | Golden Skate

Real Estate Out of this World

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Wow! I wonder if real estate on the moon would be cheaper! I am looking at houses, but might as well forget it! Unless I want a mortgage for the next 20 years! The cost of a house in the Lower mainland is unbelievable!!!! I looked at a house the other day the price was - $500,000.00 and that was in Surrey!!!!!!

I guess I better start looking at condos and townhouses!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Lad-real estate prices have gone crazy! I know So. California has and it looks like Canada could be just as bad. Thank goodness I bought a house last year, because I wouldn't be able to afford to buy my house today:eek:

heyang

Record Breaker
The value of my house in NJ has doubled since it was purchased 12 years ago. I'd like to sell it because there's more property and more house than I really need, but I can't stand the thought of getting 1/2 the space for the same amount that we paid for this property originally.

guinevere

Final Flight
My friends sold their house last year for 50% more than what they paid for it - only 2 years earlier!:eek:

Good luck looking Lad - you've just started, something will come up!!

guinevere

Verbalgirl77

On the Ice
heyang said:
The value of my house in NJ has doubled since it was purchased 12 years ago. I'd like to sell it because there's more property and more house than I really need, but I can't stand the thought of getting 1/2 the space for the same amount that we paid for this property originally.

I hear that. The house my parents' bought in the early 80's for $40K is now estimated at $125K :eek: All they did was renovate the kitchen.

Me? I'm just annoyed that my rent went up to $650/month. Grrr...

On the other hand :love: @ Ladskater's townhouse.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Lad-that townhouse looks like a nice one to me.

The house my parents' bought in the early 80's for $40K is now estimated at $125K

$125K:eek: They don't price them like that in So. California. I have lived in my house for 10 months and already it has gone up another $150K:eek:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
dlkksk8fan:

I looked it up again and it's gone! Houses are going like hot cakes here! One has to be fast. The market is moving at an unreal pace. It makes it difficult to look while working. I think it's going to take me a long time to find something.

:sheesh: