Spoiled or Cold Turkey? | Golden Skate

Spoiled or Cold Turkey?

eliza88

On the Ice
To be spoiled or not to be...that is the question! Given the time differential and the networks delaying the broadcasts, how are you going to watch Worlds?

I think I will have to seek out the Spoiler folder for the QR's, and for skate orders, however, I am going to "try" to be patient (not one of my strong points!) and watch the rest "unspoiled."

eliza88

lulu

Final Flight
I'm going to be completely Spoiled!!!
:D

Good luck on anyone who is trying to be "unspoiled"

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Definitely SPOILED. I have to know the results as soon as they are available so that I can really enjoy watching the programs on TV stress-free. :D :)

Ximena

Final Flight
I'm going to be SPOILED for sure, there's no way that I could remain unspoiled for this.

Antilles

Medalist
Unspoiled. It's much more exciting that way. Except for the QR and the CDs. I don't need to be surprised for that.

Lcp88

On the Ice
I CANNOT handle live/unspoiled events. Its horrible for me...with worlds last year and the ladies/mens being live, i nearly killed my self. My blood pressure was, oh,.....sbout 700 times what it should be :).
Definatly SPOILED!!!!
Laura

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Joining the other Laura in being SPOILED. I was at Worlds and GPF, and nearly died, especially after the mens event. On the other hand, I knew that Evgeni had the better skate, so it wasn't so bad.

When I heard he'd skated badly at Euros, I almost didn't watch, but it really wasn't as horrifying as I feared it would be.

But, yeah, spoiled is the way to go. My fingernails can't take it any other way....

Laura :)

Mevrouw

Rinkside
It depends on the competition. I HAVE to know about the Men's before hand - as soon as possible from the boards - because I get too nervous for my favourites to watch without knowing. (And no, I won't say who my favourites are.)

When my favourites aren't in contention, I'll just wait for CBC

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Before Golden Skate, the media would usually be my way of finding out beforehand, but really I like to watch the entire event without knowing - it's more fun that way. Sometimes I end up "lurking" here especially if I have missed a discipline or somehow messed up my vcr taping. I am going to try and either watch the whole thing or tape it. I don't want to know ahead of time.

icenut84

Final Flight
Unspoiled! I did it for Euros, I can do it for Worlds. (It's shown live on Eurosport, but I'm away at uni so I don't get eurosport here. We get it at home, so my mum records it all for me and I watch it asap when I can.) I didn't get to see Euros (or find out the results) till about 2 weeks after! :eek: It wasn't fun, I really wanted to watch it. It's so much better when you don't know what's gonna happen though.

Hopefully I won't have to wait more than 1 week to watch Worlds, but it's still going to be horrible waiting! But even so, I don't want to be spoiled.

sarahmistral

On the Ice
spoiled or unspoiled

two things:

1, those of you who said spoiled...have you ever been to a psychic:laugh:

2, Are US viewers getting the QR at all??????:( probably not, just saw it mentioned and thought I'd ask

8 more days, folks....just 8 more days!:)

Sarah

humbaba

Final Flight
No Sarah, I've never been to a psychic. Nor have I been to a psychiatrist; although, come to think of it, I probably should have. Anyway, I'm a spoilers folder junkie. Us worry-wart, nervous-Nelly types are far too apprehensive to wait for a delayed broadcast. For the sake of our mental health our anxieties must be relieved as soon as possible.

I've even been known to "shop around", going from one skating site to another, searching for the most up to the minute reports. :laugh:

Matt

On the Ice
Probably spoiled...I'll try to go unspoiled, but everything is always aired on TV later after the competition is over, so I'll end up on GoldenSkate and can't resist clicking on the results threads. It's actually somewhat better to be spoiled, because if you find out there was an upset (à la the mens title at GPF and Euros), it makes you want to watch the coverage (or download every possible online clip you can find, if you're me;) ) even more

brenlynn

On the Ice
going spoiled at least for the SPs... if the results of those are exciting. i'll go unspoiled

i remember last years worlds, i went unspoiled for the FD because if B&K were to win, i wanted to see it for myself without knowing, and i almost went NUTS because it wasn't on until like 2 days later in the states!

Linny

Final Flight
Why spoiled?

Why spoiled? In the GPF men's, if I hadn't been to the spoilers folder, I wouldn't have known what happened. In our broadcast, they broke in to tell American viewers that the terriorist threat was going to orange. They never rebroadcast the last two programs (ES and EP). I'd still love to see them if anyone has it on tape...
Linny

Kwanisqueen81

Rinkside
Cold Turkey BABY!!!! It soo much better that way. I remember when I saw Michelle win 2000 worlds completly un-spoiled.

aviva_dawn

On the Ice
Since ABC (the dummies!) won't show the QR, I may go spoiled for that, but otherwise, I'll try to go unspoiled!!!!!!!

I always fall asleep during the broadcast or disappear from the TV when I go spoiled. I did it during the free program during Nats last year and during the short program for Nats this year!

THAT WON'T HAPPEN THIS TIME IF I CAN HELP IT!!!!!!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
We shall see....

I'm going to TRY to go unspoiled. While patience is a virtue, it's not necessarily MY virtue LOL!

DG

blurrysarah

On the Ice
Spoiled, if you could call it that. Living in Australia means zero figure skating on tv, so technically my worlds coverage is completely online.