Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your dream rink

Custom Title

Your dream rink

What rink (any place in the world) would like to skate at?

My first choice would be the Ice House in Hackensack, and not just because of the "star" watching. :o

Although that would certainly be high on my list.

But I also heard that it has excellent ice quality AND a Starbucks coffee shop (I'm sort of addicted)

Ice Angel
    My dream rink for my daughter would be any rink which is not crowded, not cold, the road leading to it has nice view, and not too far away from our home.

Salchows and Shimmies!!!
    Ice Castles, Lake Arrowhead. It just sounds so cool.

In love with the axel!
    My dream rink was this morning. It was just my coach and me on the ice. Nobody else. I don't care what rink it would be at, that situation is the absolute best! :D

Rinkside
    Oh mine would be one CLOSER than the 1 1/2 hour drive one way to get to the nearest one to me! Like close to my work. And it wouldn't hurt for it to be not so crowded ^_^

My dream rink would be my own private one like in the movie the Cutting Edge.

Skating Soprano
    Mine too!!!

Tripping on the Podium
    My dream rink would have time for synchro practice that's not at the crack of dawn or 9pm at night.

Custom Title
    REALISTICALLY (lol otherwise we could keep on dreaming! but It'd never come true..) The Ice Castle or the Ice House. They are the top 2 training facilities in the country, it sounds so awesome! I think I'd go with the Ice Castle because of the view though:D

Tripping on the Podium
    You know those hotels made of ice. http://www.icehotel.com/english/index2.htm

I think it would be so awesome to skate around the lobby and do toeloops in the hallways! It would be like a fairy tale!! Except I imagine the stairs would be a little tricky!

But really, my dream rink would be the one where I could skate with Kurt Browning - I'd love to learn some of his footwork!

~Cassie

Go Figure!
    Coaching the Psychonettes....oops the one on the end fell again!
    I love skating at the 1980 rink in Lake Placid.

Hell's Librarian
    The restaurant at the end of the universe
    I'd love a rink that's not crowded, and is indoors but has huge windows that look out on mountains (a la Bear Mountain) or the water (a la Sky Rink). Lots of cheap freestyle times during the early evenings. Within a 15 minute drive of both my home and my work. Open year-round. Sigh...

For rinks that actually exist in the real world, I love the one at Bear Mountain. It is in a beautiful setting. The problem is that it's outdoors, so sometimes it's hard to skate there. Also, it closes in March for the season.

Ice house, hands down...

and I'm going back to skating at this very place!!! Yaaaaay!!! Sort of OT, does anybody know how the star-watching bit goes? Will I actually get to watch Sasha practice????

Anyway, back to the rink bit, I discovered skating (at 17, too late, so sad ) at a free ice-skating night for NYU students freshman year, but I live in North Jersey, and I've been hearing about the Ice House for ages, but for some reason it took me this long to get around to realizing that it's much cheaper and much more prestigious than Chelsea Piers.

I think Lake Arrowhead and Colorado Springs must be dream rinks as well.

Happy skating!

Sarah

Rinkside
    One of those rinks on a cruise ship that my LUCKY friend skates on!!!:sheesh:

Tripping on the Podium
    MRC in Rockport Maine. All my skating friends skate there, and they are very supportive, and i love them all! and I miss them a whole lot! I had to move to Florida last June, and I msis them so bad, and I miss skating practices, I miss waking up saturday mornings at 6:00, being at the rink at 8 skating freestyles from 8-10 coaching from 10:15-10:45, practice/lessons from 11:00-12:00 then open skate from 12-3! fridays i skated from 3-5 thursdays I skated from 3-5 also. I miss it sooo much:( but thats my dream rink the one i skated at.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast