Your dream rink | Golden Skate

Your dream rink

lulu

Final Flight
What rink (any place in the world) would like to skate at?

My first choice would be the Ice House in Hackensack, and not just because of the "star" watching. :eek:

Although that would certainly be high on my list.;)

But I also heard that it has excellent ice quality AND a Starbucks coffee shop (I'm sort of addicted)

jesslily

Final Flight
My dream rink for my daughter would be any rink which is not crowded, not cold, the road leading to it has nice view, and not too far away from our home.:laugh:

sk8er1964

On the Ice
My dream rink was this morning. It was just my coach and me on the ice. Nobody else. I don't care what rink it would be at, that situation is the absolute best! :D

InsigniaEclipse

Rinkside
Oh mine would be one CLOSER than the 1 1/2 hour drive one way to get to the nearest one to me! Like close to my work. And it wouldn't hurt for it to be not so crowded ^_^

Summerkid

Rinkside
My dream rink would have time for synchro practice that's not at the crack of dawn or 9pm at night.

ouridol

On the Ice
REALISTICALLY (lol otherwise we could keep on dreaming! but It'd never come true..) The Ice Castle or the Ice House. They are the top 2 training facilities in the country, it sounds so awesome! I think I'd go with the Ice Castle because of the view though:D

cborsky

Rinkside
You know those hotels made of ice. http://www.icehotel.com/english/index2.htm

I think it would be so awesome to skate around the lobby and do toeloops in the hallways! It would be like a fairy tale!! Except I imagine the stairs would be a little tricky!:laugh:

But really, my dream rink would be the one where I could skate with Kurt Browning - I'd love to learn some of his footwork!

~Cassie

RoaringMice

On the Ice
I'd love a rink that's not crowded, and is indoors but has huge windows that look out on mountains (a la Bear Mountain) or the water (a la Sky Rink). Lots of cheap freestyle times during the early evenings. Within a 15 minute drive of both my home and my work. Open year-round. Sigh...

For rinks that actually exist in the real world, I love the one at Bear Mountain. It is in a beautiful setting. The problem is that it's outdoors, so sometimes it's hard to skate there. Also, it closes in March for the season.

sarahmistral

On the Ice
Ice house, hands down...

and I'm going back to skating at this very place!!! Yaaaaay!!! Sort of OT, does anybody know how the star-watching bit goes? Will I actually get to watch Sasha practice????

Anyway, back to the rink bit, I discovered skating (at 17, too late, so sad:cry::laugh::laugh: ) at a free ice-skating night for NYU students freshman year, but I live in North Jersey, and I've been hearing about the Ice House for ages, but for some reason it took me this long to get around to realizing that it's much cheaper and much more prestigious than Chelsea Piers.

I think Lake Arrowhead and Colorado Springs must be dream rinks as well.

Happy skating!

Sarah

IceAngel2007

Rinkside
MRC in Rockport Maine. All my skating friends skate there, and they are very supportive, and i love them all! and I miss them a whole lot! I had to move to Florida last June, and I msis them so bad, and I miss skating practices, I miss waking up saturday mornings at 6:00, being at the rink at 8 skating freestyles from 8-10 coaching from 10:15-10:45, practice/lessons from 11:00-12:00 then open skate from 12-3! fridays i skated from 3-5 thursdays I skated from 3-5 also. I miss it sooo much:( but thats my dream rink the one i skated at.

IceAngel2007

Rinkside
dlkksk8fan said:
IceAngel- isn't there a rink close to where you live?
yes but its horribly expensive. for freestyles its 12$$'S FOR 45 MINUTES! and in maine tiw as 2 hours for 10 dollars. and none of my skating friends skate here. and i miss them alot. its hard to skate at a new rink because the rink i skated at in maine was brand new, this one is crappy. sorta. so yah. and the coaches here all they want is your money. in maine all my coaches were awesome.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
IceAngel-
Can you get a annual pass? I have one for my rink where I can go to public sessons anytime. That doesn't include freestyle time. We have a adult public sesson for anyone 18yrs or older 11:45-1:30 everyday and there usually isn't that many people on it. I had the ice all to myself for
1/2 hour last Friday.

lil_icesk8er915

On the Ice
I would skate at Ice Castles, Simsbury Connecticut, or World Arena in Colorado Springs.

If I could make my OWN rink/training center here's what it would have!

It would be in the woods somewhere...

-The rink would be Olympic sized with a big huge window at the end of the rink so you could see outside when you skated. And mirrors would be put at the other end of the rink.

-It would also have a pro shop and a little cafe!

-If you walked along the path into another clearing there would be a fitness center on the lower level and a ballet studio upstairs.

-There would also be a lodge where skaters could stay with a rec room, a ballroom (for dances!), and a pool!

Longhornliz

Final Flight
IceAngel2007 said:
yes but its horribly expensive. for freestyles its 12$$'S FOR 45 MINUTES! and in maine tiw as 2 hours for 10 dollars.

Wow I'm spoiled, my rink is only 5 mins from my house and admission is only 5 dollars for 3-4 hour blocks. And you can work out monthly rates that are even better deals. Too many hockey boys though.