Dog lovers, Part II | Golden Skate

Dog lovers, Part II

Rachael

On the Ice
I was re-reading the orginal dog lovers thread so I decided to start a new one. My newest dog, Hallee, had surgey the other day. Nothing wrong, just getting fixed so there's no mini-Hallee's running around.

GoldenLady

On the Ice
Hi Rachael - I'm glad you started this thread! I've been thinking of reviving the old one for some time now, just to see how everyone's dogkids are doing.... I hope Hallee's surgery went well, and that she's recovering nicely. :)

My boys have been enjoying the (generally) improving weather; we've been getting out for lots of nice walks, which has been a terrific change. It's time to get back into condition after the long winter.... Though it's snowing here right now. Enough is enough - I for one am ready for spring!

How are the rest of the Golden Skate doggies doing?

GoldenLady

Hermione_Granger

On the Ice
My two "softies" are doing great. :) Except they're panting
like heck, which tells us it's time for their hair to be
trimmed. It seems like we went straight from winter and
into an early summer. Other than that, we had to switch
Alexei's arthritis meds as the other one wasn't agreeing
with him. This one seems to be working fine.
Sometime soon we'll have to take them to the vets
for their shots. How exactly do they give shots to
a dog ? :confused:

Rachael - Glad to hear that Hallee's surgery went
successfully. :)

--Hermione

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Madelyn had a puggy play date yesterday with Winston, a friend's pug. It was just too cute for words! First they circled each other, then they started chasing each other, then kissing, finally panting as though they'd run a marathon! It was a definite 10 PLUS on the cute meter!

We're pretty certain that she's allergic to beef so we've avoided any foods with beef, casein and the like in them. When she would suck on a rawhide bone, she got pinkish in her ears and on her face. I have to keep a watch on her to see if she has that reaction to any other foods.
:love:

I have a 14 year old Jack Russell Terrier, Aggie, who is our spoiled baby since we never had kids. Also an ourdoor pointer/beagle mix, Nellie, who is 12.
Aggie had surgery to have a lump removed and lumpectomies on several other lumps in December. They were all benign, but we sure were worried. Seems something is causing Aggie to get deep skin infections and internal abcesses form.
I have a web page all about Aggie at:
Aggie's Pages
If anyone would like to take a peek.;)

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Oh, oh, oh! What an adorable dog! I have a web page for Madelyn; unfortunately, it's connected to my real estate web site, so that would unmask my still-secret identity! Sigh--Otherwise, I would so love to share...

eliza88

On the Ice
I have a 2 year old Basset Hound who keeps us in stitches most of the time. She has her "basset group" that meets at the dog park on weekend mornings and have a woofing good time! She is a lover of people all sizes and ages and apparently had the time of her life yesterday when my husband took her to my daughters elementary school for "sharing time."

The cats don't really understand all the fuss over this long-eared droopy-faced animal but she is as sweet as they come!

Basset Hounds are notoriously stubborn/food-oriented dogs, so if you want her to do anything you better have food in your hand! Otherwise she looks at you like, "Why should I?"

eliza88

PS. RGal--we met a black pug at the dog park last month and for him it was love at first sight! He couldn't get enough of my dog and it was hilarious!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Eliza, I have always thought Basset Hounds were the cutest dogs! How sweet about that black pug! There are two popular commercials currently airing that feature pugs: one for an asthma medication and a newer one about shoes or sneakers ... I just pay attention to the adorable pug, of course!

I really never talked too much baby talk to RG Jr. but I talk oodles of it to Madelyn. She is terribly spoiled, however. Last week, she decided to come into our room in the middle of the night and she HAS to curl up against someone's leg, so she picked Mr. RG. The next morning he told me that he didn't want to stretch so as not to disturb her! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If I come home after picking up RG Jr. from school then have to go out again, I take her with us, because I don't want to disappoint her by coming home then leaving her alone again. If I need to take RG Jr. somewhere after school such as a store or the dentist, I make sure NOT to go home first because when I have done so on several occasions, she looked so disappointed ("WHAT? You're leaving me AGAIN?"). I can't bare it! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Aw, I know that "why are you leaving me look" and the guilty feelings that come with it!
Our couch is by the windows that face our driveway and when we leve, Aggie will be on the back of the couch looking out at us and we wave to her and blow kisses and tell her we'll be back as soon as we can. Often when we return, she's right there looking...we often wonder how she knows it's time for her to look for us....especially now that she doesn't hear so well!

Rachael

On the Ice
I just wanted to post that Ricky and Pockets got hair cuts. They look so cute that you would want to vomit!

Ximena

Final Flight
Oh a Dog Lover thread!!
I have two of my own. A male English cocker spaniel who is 4 years old named Super and a 4 month (on wednesday) female old english sheepdog named Alaska, Super don't like Alaska very much because she plays around too much and Super has passed that stage of his life, now he just sits and relax.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
WOW how did I miss THIS thread LOL!!

Glad to hear that the little surgeries and hair cuts and all are going so well for everyone! Also sounds like all of us in the winter climates and starting to come back out of hybernation. One of my favorite things about the arrival of spring is getting outdoors with that pack!

As described on the original doggy thread, we have a Beagle (Buck), a Greyhound (Cain), a mutt (Cleopatra) and a German Shepherd puppy (Kimba) who will be six months old tomorrow.

Kimba will be in her first show at the end of April. Just puppy conformation type stuff. The training schedule has gotten more intense - now Tuesday evening, Saturday and Sunday. The Saturday training is held outdoors at our house. All the dogs who are going to the first show are learning or brushing up on gaiting and stacking. There are other dogs who are getting ready for Schutzhund trials who do tracking, protection and obedience. I wonder what the neighbors think!

DH added some picture links to his business web site. Here is the link to more pics than you would ever want to see if you're interested.

http://www.discounttechnologyworkforce.com/Mittelwest/GSD.html

Have a great doggy day!

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Thanks NJSk8Fan!

I just finished looking at Aggie's Web site!!! How adoreable. I love her "dog speak" too LOL! It's nice that you have such a great scrap book of her life.

RGal, you should check with the ISU for a way to post your Web link while still remaining anonymous. They DO seem to be experts at Sekret Komputer matters. :)

DG

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Woof!

Howdy, Doggie Lovers! I've posted some photos of Madelyn on the TESTING PHOTOS thread. Woof!