2014 Olympics Team Event Mens Short Program | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Team Event Mens Short Program

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Then I might have had another stream because I am pretty sure that it was Rudi Cerne. And definitively called all elements correctly and no contemptuous comments on ladies outfit/shape. However, preferred him over German Eurosports commentators.

There is only one german stream and the commentator is a guy called Volker Grube. Rudi Cernes voice and way of talking is different.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Just have to say that I was completely impressed with Yuzuru here, and so were the non-skating fans who watched his performance as well. :agree: I think the fact that the judges left some room in the marks will serve as motivation for him heading into the singles event.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My sister and I watched the recordings today - my sister is very no teknik. She loved Plushy. She was very disappointed in Abbott. She loooooooved Yuzuru and almost went to sleep during Chan. She didn't like Amodio but she did like Liebers.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
It is not Rudi Cerne. And that commentator is a bit annoying. The way he called Ryuichi Kihara Kiyahira all the time makes me think he can not even read correctly. As if Kihara is a hard name to say for a german speaking person, when it is exactly as it is written. :rolleye: Yes, nitpicking, but things like that annoy me. Other than that he seems like a typical german sports reporter to me, talking in that bored voice all the time. But there are worse commentators that's for sure.

Daniel Weiss seems to know what he's talking about, but he always called Julia Lipinskaya at Euros - when that is not her name, but maybe more of a strange morph with Tara Lipinski. But all this is nothing against the weird names our Eurosport commentator sometimes creates.

The German Livestream commentator is Sven Authorsen, a former Ice Dancer. He used to comment on Eurosport a couple of years ago. Even with Marina Kielmann as co-commentator, which yeah, was pretty much double overkill-me-now. He always sounded like a "plan B"-commentator to me, since he seems to have some sort of "mouth diarrhea" (sorry) going on, he seems to talk for the sake of talking, even if he has no clue as to what he's saying. Gets the names wrong, even of the big names (really struggling with Volozoshar), frequently switches up the numbers (he would read 86 instead of 68 for ex.), just babble jump names, like say Asada did a 3T2T combo (she did a 3Lo2Lo),...
I guess he's been told the viewers need "constant reassurance someone is there" since imo he does talk all the way through the performance. His nasal, loud and yet bored voice don't help.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Really? Because the name Volker Grube was written beneath the stream. Maybe it is only the editor? At least I'm sure it isn't Rudi Cerne. I really like the woman that comments on Eurosport with Hendryk Schamberger instead of Sigi Heinrich sometimes. She has a soothing voice and seems fair to me. She also knows when to shut up. The most important thing, imho. ;)

Yes, that bored tone the german sport reporters often use, I really can't stand.

I hope Yuzuru can crack 100 in the individual, therer is potential, his combination jump wasn't perfect here.

gnom

On the Ice
After watching the whole stream I agree: awful commentator. Can't pronounce the names properly. However, Daniel Weiss wasn't much better today. Hopefully British Eurosport commentators will be back for Worlds, i.e. Eurosport has broadcasting rights again.