Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Women's Cross Country

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Just to let you know that the Finals will be starting in about 20 minuites on a different stream to what the Semis were on this morning. So, here is the new link:

Official BBC Livestreaming Channel

As I said above, the Finals will also be shown on BBCi1:

Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    BBCi1 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 301 on Freeview
    Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 991 on Virgin Media
    Digital satellite (Europe): Ch. 977 on SkyDigital
    Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
    NOTE: The channel you want for the Alpine Skiing is labelled “BBC RB 1

Hope this helps
    Let's hope that they don't make a hash of the Finals like they did with the Semis...

CaroLiza_fan

Calm down CL_fan. The second semifinal wasn't that exciting. Didn't matter who was first or second as long as best two reach the final.

The Norwegian commentators satisfied with Norway's skis this time. (LOL, Norwegian team blamed the bad results in the relays on bad skis.)

Finland, Norway, Sweden, Poland, Russia, US, Germany, Austria, Slovenia and Switzerland in the final.

Might be a very exciting competition. GO Kikkan and Sophie + Sylvia and inhuman Kowalzyk competing again(or is her foot miraculously healed LOL) Maybe time for a Finnish gold. Or another Swedish, thankyou Probably Norway.... but who knows...

Over the past 2 weeks, I have watched more Cross Country skiing than I have ever watched before. And, as a result, I can now put my finger on what I like and what I don't like about it.

I don't mind the Free Skating races.
    But I don't like the Classic races.

Any time I had dipped into Cross Country before, it always seemed to be Classic races that were on. I don't like the way that for most of the course, they are just skiing in slots that have been made for them by the organisers. I prefer seeing them ski naturally, using their own lines.

Also, it is when they are using the pre-prepared slots that they look so ungainly. It looks so much more graceful when they are skiing, well, freely.

So, now that I know that today's 30km race is a Free Skating race, I think I will watch it after all.

It all kicks off in about 10 minutes online and on BBCi2.

Here is the livestreaming link:

Official BBC Livestreaming Channel

This is NOT the same livestream page that was used for the previous competitions.

BBCi2 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 302 on Freeview
    Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 992 on Virgin Media
    Digital satellite (Europe): Ch. 978 on SkyDigital
    Astra 28.2E, Transponder 76 (12.551V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
    NOTE: The channel you want for the skiing is labelled “BBC RB 2

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

You know, I have a suspicion that a Norwegian might win this...

Context to post - we are currently on the last lap and have three Norwegians all together fighting for the win, with nobody behind them for miles!

Guess what - an all-Norwegian podium!

Marit Bjoergen won by 2.6s from Therese Johaug. Kristin Steira fell back in the closing stages to finish 21s behind Johaug.

But, that is hardly surprising as, much earlier in the race, Steira attempted to get a drink from one of the coaches, but the coach didn't move from his spot and he ended up dropping it. And boys did she give him some dirty looks for her not getting her drink!

Best of the rest was Kerttu Niskanen, who was nearly a minute (58s, to be precise) behind Steira!

Charlotte Kalle had been with the leaders in the early stages, but lost over a minute at about 1/3 distance, and continued to lose time after that, eventually finishing in 34th, 5m 13.3s behind the winner.

Justyna Kowalczyk pulled out just short of half-distance. Her poor foot just couldn't take any more punishment.

Nearly 23 minutes after Bjoergen crossed the line, and 10 minutes after the previous finisher, Aimee Watson of Australia completes the last of the Women's Cross Country events.

So, a dominant performance for the Norwegians in the 30km race.

This will surely do a great deal for them in the medals table! It will definitely put them into third ahead of Canada for now, but we will have to wait and see what happens in the Men's ice hockey and the Men's Cross Country tomorrow.

This result has made it VERY tight going into the final events!

1. USA on 27 medals (9 Gold; 7 Silver; 11 Bronze)
    2. Russia on 26 medals (9 Gold; 10 Silver; 7 Bronze)
    3. Norway on 25 medals (11 Gold; 5 Silver; 9 Bronze)
    4. Canada on 24 medals (9 Gold; 10 Silver; 5 Bronze)
    5. Netherlands on 22 medals (6 Gold; 7 Silver; 9 Bronze)

CaroLiza_fan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3