2014 Olympics - Videos & Results | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics - Videos & Results

Mao88

Record Breaker
Does anyone have links to Ladies' SP videos? Curious what British Eurosport commentators thought.

Eurosport did not cover the Olympics this year. They did not win the rights. Shame. We in the UK watched everything on the BBC. Whilst Sue Barker has her critics as a figure skating commentator, I thought she was a lot better this time around. And Robin Cousins is always excellent.

If history is anything to go by, videos of everything should start to become available within around 2-4 weeks post Olympics. Hence, hope to post complete lists before the end of the season.

yinup

Spectator
So far what I learned from the ladies events is from this forum. Thanks to everybody here! Just wondering how come there is no any single video on internet I could find to watch these 2 events, even if the program is not complete? All I have found are pictures on youtube without moving action... I wonder if the broadcasting rights of Olympics is so strict and powerful that those who live elsewhere have no way to see Olympics? I have already known how ladies skated on both short and long programs, but merely with my imagination created from discussions and news reports. Feel quite frustrated~~ How long do I have to wait until the period of broadcasting rights is over~~~ Until next Olympics???

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If you speak Chinese, I would not be at all surprised if there are videos on baidu. I haven't seen links posted yet, though.

BusyMom

Medalist
If you speak Chinese, I would not be at all surprised if there are videos on baidu. I haven't seen links posted yet, though.

My daughter came up with sth similar. She safed Japanese skaters name in Japanese plus Sochi2014 also in Japanese. Pasted to YouTube search bar...voila...you got some videos. Since these videos are in Japanese, they have been survived the IOC polices.

yinup

Spectator
My daughter came up with sth similar. She safed Japanese skaters name in Japanese plus Sochi2014 also in Japanese. Pasted to YouTube search bar...voila...you got some videos. Since these videos are in Japanese, they have been survived the IOC polices.

Thank you for info!!! I have tried baidu, but nothing came out. Then, I tried to browse in Japanese on youtube, too bad, they were already censored and taken down. It was too late~~~ Well, I did find one video, of which title has nothing to do with any keyword of Olys, so luckily I got to see it, only one skate! I used to feel grateful for youtube that offered me so much to see the world, but these days I really hate it!

bibi24

Final Flight
Is there anybody having trouble downloading the files from it? I've clicked "download", many software came along, but I just couldn't get the skating files into my PC. Any suggestion? Thanks!

You need to install 'utorrent' first, it will associate 'torrent files' with the program.

Then click the 'yellow down arrow' on the listing page, or go in each event's page and click 'download torrent'.

Now 'utorrent' should pop up and download the actual videos.

yinup

Spectator
You need to install 'utorrent' first, it will associate 'torrent files' with the program.

Then click the 'yellow down arrow' on the listing page, or go in each event's page and click 'download torrent'.

Yes, I finally got it!! Thank you very much for sharing the videos and helping me to get them!! :bow::bow::bow:

mermaid

On the Ice
Country
Belarus
If you are registered in the Russian social network vkontakte you can find some videos there, just search sochi 2014
I have downloaded all 4 Julia's programs and Adelina's free skate, Plushenko, etc.
But of course they were posted illegally.

Lyinna

Rinkside

Thank you bibi! It works perfectly for me.

CarneAsada

Medalist
Anyone wanting to use utorrent should know that they have lately been packaging adware in with the program in the installation package. It's not too difficult to remove if you do a quick search, but anyone thinking of using it should just be aware.