What happened to NBC broadcasting on NBCSN today? | Golden Skate

What happened to NBC broadcasting on NBCSN today?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Second request...what happened to the FS on TV? Someone please answer. The Olympic committee is taking down anything on youtube. Where did the promisesd coverage on TV? NBCSN has had nothing nor NBC.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NBC will show the skating tonight tape delayed then starting Saturday it will be live on NBCSN.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It was on www.nbcolympics.com/ (though the ads got on my nerves). It will re-air again before NBC airs it on prime time.

To be crystal clear: NBCOlympics.com will re-show today's team skating online.

The so-called "re-airing" will not be on NBCSN.

(I know that is what you meant ARipp :) ... just don't want anyone who already was confused earlier about NBCSN to remain confused.)

... Where did the promisesd coverage on TV? NBCSN has had nothing nor NBC.

NBCSN said from the beginning that its figure skating coverage would begin on Feb 8 -- not today, Feb 6.

noskates

Record Breaker
I think this is the only time this will happen. For the rest of the games NBCSN will air live (at unGodly hours of the night) and then it will be reshown later in the day on NBC. At least that's what I can tell from my TV Guide.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I think this is the only time this will happen. For the rest of the games NBCSN will air live (at unGodly hours of the night) and then it will be reshown later in the day on NBC. At least that's what I can tell from my TV Guide.

For U.S. time zones, the live NBCSN coverage will be in the morning hours.

Whether the hours will seem ungodly to everyone, I don't know.

From the NBCSN thread in The Edge:

Following is a breakdown of NBCSN’s figure skating coverage:

Date Time (ET) Event/Program
  • Sat., Feb. 8 9:30 a.m. Team Event: Ice Dancing Short, Ladies’ Short, Pairs’ Free
  • Sun., Feb. 9 10 a.m. Team Event: Men’s Free, Ice Dancing Free, Ladies’ Free
  • Tues., Feb. 11 10 a.m. Pairs Short
  • Wed., Feb. 12 10:45 a.m. Pairs Free
  • Thurs., Feb. 13 10 a.m. Men’s Short
  • Fri., Feb. 14 10 a.m. Men’s Free
  • Sun., Feb. 16 10 a.m. Ice Dancing Short
  • Mon., Feb. 17 10 a.m. Ice Dancing Free
  • Wed., Feb. 19 10 a.m. Ladies’ Short
  • Thurs., Feb. 20 10 a.m. Ladies’ Free

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Thanks. This is a bad week. Puter/Printer issues, now my health Ins. does not work. And I tried to register online at nbc.com and got verification codes that were not accepted. So I couldn't watch video I guess? I am very distraught. Does anyone else have difficulty getting verified? I have Charter cable and live in MA. It should not be so hard.#$%^&!

katymay

Medalist
Thanks. This is a bad week. Puter/Printer issues, now my health Ins. does not work. And I tried to register online at nbc.com and got verification codes that were not accepted. So I couldn't watch video I guess? I am very distraught. Does anyone else have difficulty getting verified? I have Charter cable and live in MA. It should not be so hard.#$%^&!

Yes, my parents had a horrible time with the same problem you had. They had to call Bright House (Time Warner) to get it sorted out. They are in Florida. I am working with a VPN and having limited success.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
had no problem logging in with DirecTV... but hated the ads.

funny, though, some of my friends didn't have ads at all... thinking it depends on your TV provider as to if you get ads?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
had no problem logging in with DirecTV... but hated the ads.

funny, though, some of my friends didn't have ads at all... thinking it depends on your TV provider as to if you get ads?

I'd get ads when I first started up the live feed and between segments, but not too much.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I had them while they gave the scores, and during PChan's skate :disapp:

Harness

Rinkside

My verification on NBCOlympics.com was rejected. Then I had the idea to open a new tab and sign in with my cable company. Then I switched back to the NBCOlympics.com tab and verification was successful. Hope this helps.