Is USA out of team event already? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Is USA out of team event already?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sorry for a stupid question:

Who is/are the captain(s) for the Team USA skaters?

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
assuming ashley doesn't flop completely, usa should still make the finals. it'll be a fight for bronze though

Who is/are the captain(s) for the Team USA skaters?

charlie? he was the captain for wtt last year. or 2012 i can't remember

louisa05

Final Flight
Anything can happen. If you had told me Chan would only manage third today, I would not have believed it.

The Olympics are never predictable and less predictable yet with a brand new event.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yes, CBC mentioned Charlie White was the captain of the US team.

What does the captain actually do, anyway?

Thx, Rach. (No offense to White, but I was hoping for Davis. ;))

We were discussing your question in another thread. My not-definitive answer is that if the Olympic captains have the same responsibilities as WTT's, they represent the team for a lot of media stuff -- and receive their medals first on behalf of the team (all members of which also received medals).
When White was WTT captain in 2012, part of his leadership involved keeping team spirit/morale high.

charlie? he was the captain for wtt last year. or 2012 i can't remember

Wagner was 2013 WTT captain for Team USA. (Chock/Bates were the WTT ice dancers that year -- no Davis/White.)

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
We were discussing your question in another thread. My not-definitive answer is that if the Olympic captains have the same responsibilities as WTT's, they represent the team for a lot of media stuff -- and receive their medals first on behalf of the team (all members of which also received medals).

they do press conferences too, v/m were at one after the team event

ranjake

Final Flight
Thank you, Mrs. P- for your excellent therapy :) I feel much better. Now- for the second part- do the qualifying teams rankings carry over into the second part- or does each qualified team start fresh for the LP's?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
do the qualifying teams rankings carry over into the second part- or does each qualified team start fresh for the LP's?

The placement points from the SPs/SD carry over. They will be added to the placement points from the FSs/FD to determine the rankings for the team event overall.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Not at all, with the Ladies' and the Ice Dance tomorrow, the US will be in the top five easily.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
also there is Gracie who could win the FS
with her beauty, speed, power and big jumps, a 10 point gap between the 2nd finisher is even likely

Ven

Match Penalty
Gracie is not going to win the FS.

But ... D/W will get 9-10 points on Saturday, giving U.S. 19-20 points and into 3rd or 4th with one qualifying event left. Plenty of room to advance, but Bronze is no sure thing anymore.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

But ... D/W will get 9-10 points on Saturday, giving U.S. 19-20 points and into 3rd or 4th with one qualifying event left. Plenty of room to advance, but Bronze is no sure thing anymore.

why not? she will score big if she is clean I expect in 130-140 range , judges love Gracie !
she racks high GOEs in her big jumps and with she can shoot up the PCS with no Mao in the FS
her consistency has improved since nationals

I say she has the best shot
because of her improved artistry, ideal body type, has the facial beauty, speed, power, huge jumps
to rack in TES and PCS

Elaine

On the Ice

Gracie is going to win the FS. Because she is soooooo beautiful, attractive, pretty, blahblah and sky_fly20 believes she is going to. No need to discuss.

Ven

Match Penalty
lol

Gracie looks pretty in pictures but whenever I see her on the ice + packaging and everything she still looks like a little girl.