Is USA out of team event already? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Is USA out of team event already?

Ven

Match Penalty
Adelina would score higher than Julia in the SP. The LP is Adelina's problem, not the short. Then use Julia in the FS. Would give both girls a medal and take the pressure off them.

Kinda doesn't make any sense to use Julia on both programs, nor would it make sense to use Gracie on both programs like you suggest. She had 1 good competition, Ashley has a much better track record over time. And even if Gracie does well, you're only asking her to bring it once rather than carry the weight on her shoulders alone for the US ladies.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Adelina would score higher than Julia in the SP. The LP is Adelina's problem, not the short. Then use Julia in the FS. Would give both girls a medal and take the pressure off them.

Kinda doesn't make any sense to use Julia on both programs, nor would it make sense to use Gracie on both programs like you suggest. She had 1 good competition, Ashley has a much better track record over time. And even if Gracie does well, you're only asking her to bring it once rather than carry the weight on her shoulders alone for the US ladies.

Wagner is worn out and her score have been tanking since the GPF where she almost tied there with Adelina in PCS, now Adelina will score higher than her anyways maybe even Julia. Gracie needs to solidify her consistency as I said a clean Gracie will be in 73-76 on par with Yuna and 140-145 range in FS if clean. her maximum scoring is even higher than Mao Asada. Gracie is fighting for individual gold while Julia individual bronze thats the difference

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
gracie higher than mao asada??? :laugh:

Mao's BV is almost unsuccessful anyways with her axel and triples success rate
note Gracie has improved her PCS marks remarkably and she gets huge +GOE on her big jumps
speed, power and physical ideal body type is Gracie's armour

Ven

Match Penalty
Wagner is worn out and her score have been tanking since the GPF where she almost tied there with Adelina in PCS, now Adelina will score higher than her anyways maybe even Julia. Gracie needs to solidify her consistency as I said a clean Gracie will be in 73-76 on par with Yuna and 140-145 range in FS if clean. her maximum scoring is even higher than Mao Asada. Gracie is fighting for individual gold while Julia individual bronze thats the difference

This whole post is probably just trolling, but if not it's as far from reality as anything I've ever read about figure skating.

nagoya

Rinkside
Mao's BV is almost unsuccessful anyways with her axel and triples success rate
note Gracie has improved her PCS marks remarkably and she gets huge +GOE on her big jumps
speed, power and physical ideal body type is Gracie's armour

did gracie beat mao asada even once?
what makes you think she can beat her this time?
do you think gracie is the only one preparing for this olympics? and everyone else are just slacking off?
did gracie won any of the grand prix series this season?
are there any reliable facts on your statements?

I'm guessing all of the questions above your answer is no.
stop dragging mao asada on your false facts and stop degrading other skaters eventhough they are not your preferred skater you are just making gracie sound so desperate.
you can praise gracie all you want because she is your favorite and this is a free space for your opinions , but stop bashing other skaters with your false statements that does not have any basis that makes you funny and annoying at the same time

Probably a mistake by the Russians. Should have sent Sotnikova for the SP and Lipnitskaia for the LP.

If Adelina went clean in the SP (good chance) she'd get 2nd behind Mao for sure. Julia might get beat by Carolina and Ashley, in addition to Asada. Plus there's the whole experience thing, they have two medal contenders in the ladies event, would probably be better to give both of them exposure.

You can only replace two athletes/teams.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
This whole post is probably just trolling, but if not it's as far from reality as anything I've ever read about figure skating.

some facts: Gracie is competing here as the No.1 US lady not Wagner ;)
so she has a higher chance of boosted by PCS

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
did gracie beat mao asada even once?
what makes you think she can beat her this time?
do you think gracie is the only one preparing for this olympics? and everyone else are just slacking off?
did gracie won any of the grand prix series this season?
are there any reliable facts on your statements?

No. past GP results does not mean anything heading to the Olympics. you can see for yourselves the surprise in Olympic from past events
Yes because Gracie too has a high BV with higher chance of retaining it and she can also skate near clean based on what she showed at nationals
I am not slacking off, I am saying Gracie has a chance for the gold medal in individuals just as Mao and Yuna. if Gracie is "clean" of course

Ven

Match Penalty
Sky_fly please change your custom title to "troll is troll". Thank you.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Sky_fly please change your custom title to "troll is troll". Thank you.

just because another skater has a chance for Gold other than Mao or Yuna doesnt mean trolling :disapp:
stop being offended, other skaters have a chance now too, its not like a two skater duel like in 2010 anymore

Ven

Match Penalty
lol Sky_fly I don't care who you like, more power to you, but it's fantasy if you think Gracie can score 75+140 something and get close to 220 overall.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I said "if" Gracie is "clean"

I have no doubt she will score above the 200 mark and be near that score
that is her maximum scoring potential I am pointing out

nagoya

Rinkside
No. past GP results does not mean anything heading to the Olympics. you can see for yourselves the surprise in Olympic from past events
Yes because Gracie too has a high BV with higher chance of retaining it and can also likley near clean based on what she showed at nationals
I am not slacking off, I am saying Gracie has a chance for the gold medal in individuals just as Mao and Yuna
you are wrong! past GP results even B category events has a great impact on a skater not only a basis of performance but also the judges will categorize a skater nationals are just a procedure for each federation to select their skaters that is why scores in nationals are not valued by the isu judges. gracie probably win US nationals but judges will be in favor of ashley instead.
With all the things you said only one is correct "gracie has a chance for the gold medal" ..every contender has a chance as long as you are a participant!

elif

Medalist
Gracie never skated clean in this year but If she can her TES going to huge like Yu-Na or Julia. She has 3Z+3T and 2A+3T with very good spins. Of course key word is skating clean.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
gracie probably win US nationals but judges will be in favor of ashley instead.

did you watch the GPF ? Sotnikova even beat her and they almost got tied there in PCS, forward to a few more months from that and Sotnikova now gets higher PCS than Wagner. Wagner's stocks have been falling since the GPF coupled with her nationals scandal, I doubt judges will be giving her high marks

nagoya

Rinkside
Gracie never skated clean in this year but If she can her TES going to huge like Yu-Na or Julia. She has 3Z+3T and 2A+3T with very good spins. Of course key word is skating clean.
your statement is the most realistic.
because you stated eligible facts , unlike the other poster saying gracie is better than mao asada, absurd!
even mao asada skates flawed on her past performances gracie was always far far below her then all of a sudden gracie is better than mao? since when?

nagoya

Rinkside
did you watch the GPF ? Sotnikova even beat her and they almost got tied there in PCS, forward to a few more months from that and Sotnikova now gets higher PCS than Wagner. Wagner's stocks have been falling since the GPF coupled with her nationals scandal, I doubt judges will be giving her high marks

yes sotnikova beat ashley that is true. but gracie did not even qualify... which one is worse?????

nagoya

Rinkside
I will give you this...As of now gracie looks like more stable going to the olympics because of what happened at the nationals she might be better than ashley BUT it has not started yet, so do not count the chicks before the hen popped out the eggs. we will see who among the two is the lesser choker.

Elaine

On the Ice
Guys, don't even try to convince him/her that Gracie is not as great as Mao, Yuna, Julia, whoever ATM. It's waste of your time.