Skaters? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skaters?

I

IcEaNgEl0587

Re: Skaters?

Where are you from? Charlotte!
How often do you skate? 5 days a week (1-2hours a day)
What are you working on? Double Axel through Triple Flip
Do you test/compete: yeah! I passed my intermediate moves and I just got back from State Games of NC and I got 2 second places in Intermediate (short/long)

K

katiaskatingprincess

hi im katia and also im a skater!!!!!!!

im doing levels at the moment so far im in level 4-5 (NISA UK)
i train 2 a week (saturday 9am - 12:30pm monday 4:30 pm - 6pm) (planet ice uk)

im working on my abaresque spiral on a outside edge and can do the waltz jump and scratch spin and im not doing competitions yet also im doing level tests!!!!!!! and i would absolutely love to compete in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it would be great representing my country!!!!!

luv katia xxxxx

L

lilicedancer

I'm a skater! I'm actually an ice dancer, I switched from singles a few years ago, I had gotten up to my flying sit and double toe. I'm on my pregold dances and novice MITF, any other dancers out there?

T

TashaKat

Hi

I'm a UK skater too!

I'm working on Gold Level 7 compulsories (22 step and European Waltz - old Inter-Silver) and SHOULD be starting on the OD and Free Dance tests (I passed the Elementary Variation test in January) when I get back (I'm injured right now).

In Free I'm working towards Bronze Level 3 (Loop, Flip, something-toe loop combo, camel spin, backspin and straight line step sequence) Elements and Free and whatever Inter-Bronze Field moves are called these days (F changes of edge, consecutive FO3's, FI's, BO3's with mohawk, F&B one foot slalom back and back cross rolls).

I WAS working on Axel and all doubles up to 2Flip but a combination of 'losing' my Free coaches, concentrating on the test elements and being injured for most of the year has stuffed that all up :( My dance coach has also started working on the Silver Part I (Gold Level eight) dances ....... at least he has confidence in me ;)

I've done a few Dance comps (solo and couples, though I don't have a partner at the mo) but have concentrated mainly on testing. My coach wants me to compete next year though!!!

L x

L

lilicedancer

TashaKat, how do the dance levels work in the UK? I'm US and it goes Preliminary, Pre-bronze, Bronze, Pre-silver, Silver, Pre-gold, Gold, Junior International, Senior International. I'm on my pre-gold, which is Kilian, Paso Doble, and Blues. I know you guys have solo dance nationals, I wish we did, I do as much solo as I can locally since I don't have a partner right now, but as I moved up in the levels there were less and less entries in my event and by now they never hold my events cuz I'm the only entry!

T

TashaKat

Hi :) They've just changed (well from January 2002) the test system so WE'RE still confused!

It USED to be:

Skate UK levels (sort of the introductory levels)

then onto the 'regular' stream which was for everyone apart from pure recreational skaters who had their own rec ice dance tests.

They went (for dance)

Novice I & II
Elementary I & II
Inter-Bronze (Fiesta Tango/British Waltz)
Bronze (14-Step/Foxtrot)
Inter-Silver (22-Step/European Waltz)
Silver I (Rocker Foxtrot/Blues) & II
Inter-Gold I & II
Gold I & II
Gold Bar I-III
Gold Star

NOW it's changed .......

It starts with:

SKATE UK Learn to Skate Levels 1-10 then goes to:
SKATE UK Star Programme then goes onto the 'standard' tests:

COMPULSORY DANCES
Bronze Level 1 (Novice Foxtrot/Rhythm Blues)
Bronze Level 2 (Canasta Tango/Dutch Waltz)
Bronze Level 3 (Riverside Rhumba/Golden Skater's Waltz)

Silver Level 4 (Swing Dance/Fiesta Tango)
Silver Level 5 (British Waltz/Foxtrot)
Silver Level 6 (Willow Waltz/14 Step)

Gold Level 7 (European Waltz/22 Step)
Gold Level 8i (Rocker Foxtrot/Blues)
Gold Level 8ii (Tango/Silver Samba)
Gold Level 9i (Kilian/Starlight Waltz)
Gold Level 9ii (Paso Doble/Argentine Tango)
Gold Level 10i (Viennese Waltz/Quickstep)
Gold Level 10ii (Westminster Waltz/Rhumba)

Gold Bar 1 (not yet published)
Gold Bar 2 (not yet published)
Gold Star (not yet published)

There's also a Variation/OD, a Free Dance and a Dance Moves stream!

Then there's the 'Competitive' tests - all parts of Level 6 must have been passed before entering the competitive test system

COMPETITIVE TESTS

DANCE MOVES
Novice
Primary
Junior
Senior

COMPULSORY DANCES
Novice
Primary
Junior
Senior

OD
Novice
Junior
Senior

FREE DANCE
Primary
Junior
Senior

These follow the ISU rules for the competitions at that level

Phew! The full listings of the UK tests are at groups.yahoo.com/group/UKskaters/

I preferred the 'old' test level names, 'Gold' meant something whereas I'm working for Gold Level 7 now which doesn't seem quite 'right' .... but that's my gripe ;)

L x

T

TashaKat

Solo Ice Dance

Yes, it's great that we have the Championships and there are some fabulous skaters out there (would many people out there like to compete a Viennese SOLO at the age of 14 like my friend, Emma, did?). Unfortunately they aren't given the same credit as their 'couples' peers and the girls in couples are STILL at the head of the queue when the boys are looking for new partners .... it beats me why they don't look at the solo dancers!

There are some pics of our Solo's Championships at:

2002 Championships and 2001 Championships

Emma doing her Free Dance last year
http://www.icephoto.co.uk/dbimages/sda81229a.jpg

L x

L

lilicedancer

Re: Solo Ice Dance

LOL, I love the Viennese!!!! A few comps have solo FD but not many, I did one once and it was loads of fun!!! We have FD tests and Moves In The Field Tests, MITF are just footwork and basic stroking. We also hafta take all the dance tests solo and with a pertner until the Internationals. What's the 22-step? It might just have a different name over here, but I've never heard of it.