Thread: Love Google's Olympics logo on the 7th Jan 2014 Sochi Olympic launch day

Custom Title

Love Google's Olympics logo on the 7th Jan 2014 Sochi Olympic launch day

Visit Google.com for complete message or click to see the graphics here

http://www.google.co.uk/logos/doodle...0588928-hp.jpg

"The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing
    sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual
    understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Custom Title
    Loved that too! Quite a huge deal to actually take a stance, because that is a total dig at the IOC's hypocrisy when it comes to the Olympic Charter and having Olympics in a discriminatory country.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    I usually use Google from the toolbar rather than going to the Google home page, so I only saw the cut-down version (without the pictures) in the corner. Hence, I didn't know what it was about until I came into this thread!

But, Google aren’t the only ones at it.

Check out the new ident that Channel 4 are using this week:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6RID82Ru-k

And here is a story about it from the Guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...lympics-russia

I should point out, although it is a Public Service Broadcaster, Channel 4 often goes out of its way to be edgy. Some of the things it has shown over the years have been very controversial, and have provoked a lot of complaints.

For example, you know the way that every Christmas Day (at 15:00), the BBC and ITV broadcast a Christmas Message from the Queen. Well, since 1993, Channel Four have been showing an “Alternative Christmas Message” at the same time.

Some of them have been light-hearted and funny, such as the 2004 one from Marge Simpson. But others have been highly controversial, such as the 2008 edition, which was from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad! Incidentally, the 2013 edition was from Edward Snowdon.

And that’s even before you get to Big Brother; or Darren Brown’s stunts; or the autopsy it broadcast a few years ago…

The paradox is that Channel 4 is also a highly respected documentary maker. And Channel 4 News is regarded by many as being the best evening news programme out of all the Public Service Broadcasters’ offerings.

Oh, and Channel 4 just happens to be the UK broadcaster of the Paralympics. That’s going to be awkward…

CaroLiza_fan