Canadianskater guy just missed Germany

saw javi and his flag bearing pride

winter Olympics and some wearing sandals

Tong Jiang for China

Banned
    Michael Christian Martinez
    lone represenattive and flag bearer

Custom Title
    underwhelming but then again winter olympic ceremonies always are.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
    underwhelming but then again winter olympic ceremonies always are. I see empty seats.
    thats all you see
    the lower seats are reserved for athletes

saw Tarasova and Miroshkin

Custom Title
    Yeah I edited my comment once I realized that. oops 0

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Javier was one of my highlights. He looked so cute and proud! Good for him. All in all I liked the ceremony but halfway through I have to admit - I was a little bored.

Hockey and figure skating united in lighting the olympic flame: Tretiak & Rodnina

Agree MaiKatze about Javier. Tong also made me happy. Both

Custom Title
    Loved the ceremony, very well done and enough classical Russian music and ballet to make me a very happy camper. (Brilliant, lighting the flame to The Firebird!)

Custom Title
    I was overwhelmed when they had Natasha Rostova's first ball! Just 5 min before i said that i wish there was a proper Russian ball! All in all loved it, watchef with my whole family!

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Hockey and figure skating united in lighting the olympic flame: Tretiak & Rodnina

Yes, Tong! Almost forgot. Everytime I saw a figure skater somewhere I squealed a bit. I also saw/found Brian Joubert in the crowd. Now I get what people say, who find him attractive. He looks really good, also yesterday in the team event. Glad for him that he can skate in another Olympics. But Javier looked so happy. Gosh, I want a medal for him, too! Why are there only 3 medals? It is so hard when I want them all to do well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    Javier was one of my highlights. He looked so cute and proud! Good for him. All in all I liked the ceremony but halfway through I have to admit - I was a little bored.
    I thought Michael from Philippines were pretty cute too - being the only athlete of Team Philippines lol

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post

I was disappointed that they had FOUR Summer Olympic athletes participating in the Opening Ceremony, let alone the torch lighting. It's not like Russia doesn't have an overwhelming amount of Winter Olympic athletes to have chosen from. I was hoping to see Alexei, Katia or Irina Slutskaya participate.

I'm happy a figure skater, Irina Rodnina, as half the official torch lighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Memelah711 View Post
    I was disappointed that they had FOUR Summer Olympic athletes participating in the Opening Ceremony, let alone the torch lighting. It's not like Russia doesn't have an overwhelming amount of Winter Olympic athletes to have chosen from. I was hoping to see Alexei, Katia or Irina Slutskaya participate.

I'm happy a figure skater, Irina Rodnina, as half the official torch lighters.
    I was surprised/disapointed about that too. I never thought Karelin and Isinbayeva would be front figures at the opening ceremony. Though I know Isinbayeva is a personal friend of Putin. Many fantastic figure skaters, skiers and hockey players to choose from :(

Custom Title
    My comment earlier was before any of the stuff after the athletes marched in had happened. I changed mind. It was great! Certainly better than London/Vancouver (which were utter snorefests) but still second to Beijing.

I actually expected a gymnastics superstar to be one of the torch bearers, e.g. Nemov or Khorkina

Custom Title
    Irina Rodnina! Wonderful to see her light the flame (as opposed to being flamed for her racist Obama tweet, lol).

That was a pretty good opening ceremony. The speeches of course were eye-roll worthy, but whatever.

Gotta love this http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/olym...missing-sochi/ Oh well, it's not like it's the only thing in Sochi to be unfinished.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast