Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Russian coach: The US will help us win team gold and pairs

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Seems like the judging at these Olympics has been the most corrupt I've ever seen.
    The scores are absolutely a farce, but the placements are pretty correct (the men's team FS being an obvious exception).

The Russians are getting massive scores though and I wouldn't be surprised if we see more Cup of Russia ridiculousness.

Rinkside
    Absolutely..@TheRobinCousins said on BBC "Should have been more to Tessa and Scott SD score. I'll put it out there THAT should have been more."
    Susanna Rahkamo & Petri Kokko , The founders of the finnstep also said :

Petri Kokko ‏@coccco
    I don't understand the judging in #icedancing. @Virtue_Moir should be leading in my honest opinion. #finnstep #Sochi2014

Petri Kokko ‏@coccco
    Hope @Virtue_Moir wins. Americans timing off in the #finnstep and restrained even otherwise.

Susanna Rahkamo ‏@ssusu
    #TessaandScott the best for me. They dance for each other.

Laura Lepistö ‏@LauraLepisto
    @coccco that's why I don't want to commentate ice dancing for tv. Too many things that cannot be explained. #Sochi2014

Quote Originally Posted by fridakalo View Post
    Absolutely..@TheRobinCousins said on BBC "Should have been more to Tessa and Scott SD score. I'll put it out there THAT should have been more."
    Susanna Rahkamo & Petri Kokko , The founders of the finnstep also said :

Petri Kokko ‏@coccco
    I don't understand the judging in #icedancing. @Virtue_Moir should be leading in my honest opinion. #finnstep #Sochi2014

Petri Kokko ‏@coccco
    Hope @Virtue_Moir wins. Americans timing off in the #finnstep and restrained even otherwise.

Susanna Rahkamo ‏@ssusu
    #TessaandScott the best for me. They dance for each other.

Laura Lepistö ‏@LauraLepisto
    @coccco that's why I don't want to commentate ice dancing for tv. Too many things that cannot be explained. #Sochi2014
    Robin Cousins also said that Meryl and Charlie deserved their win and that while he's usually in the V/M camp that D/W did great today. Saying that is not mutually exclusive to saying that V/M should have scored higher. Sue, the tennis player who also commented, said that she felt that it came down to personal preference and that the two styles aren't perfectly comparable.

Also Laura Lepisto tweeted this:
    Just can't realize how someone can make it look so effortless. Meryl&Charlie, #sigh !! #Sochi2014

The comments I'm seeing is that V/M should have scored more, not that that D/W were overscored.

Banned
    Yes, this thread seems much more credible now. Especially since NBC (with its connections to USFS) seemed to be pushing an agenda all week.

With the scoring biases that were racked up across the competitions, it seems the backroom politics had already decided beforehand the winners if they just didn't f*** up bad enough.

I think it's clear by the scores that if Julia had not fallen, both her and Adelina would have been 1-2, Kim third, and Caro nothing.

Banned
    Yes, this thread seems much more credible now. Especially since NBC (with its connections to USFS) seemed to be pushing an agenda all week.
    Yes that would explain the NBC's muted reaction to the ladies results compared to the outrage of every other network around the world. They benefited from this whole fix as well. D&W might have been able to win anyway, but sure nice to have it in the bag knowing you dont even need to skate for it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Yes that would explain the NBC's muted reaction to the ladies results compared to the outrage of every other network around the world. They benefited from this whole fix as well. D&W might have been able to win anyway, but sure nice to have it in the bag knowing you dont even need to skate for it.
    I don't think anyone would argue with most of the results, except for ladies, maybe ice dance to an extent. But the margins suggested that the result was already decided even in those events.

Banned
    I don't think anyone would argue with most of the results, except for ladies, maybe ice dance to an extent. But the margins suggested that the result was already decided even in those events.
    That is the thing. The other results were probably right in the end (ice dance is debated somewhat as you said). However the scores and margins for the rumored "fixed" results are telling, and to end up with this final result even if ladies wasnt mentioned specifically only makes all the previous ones seem that much more obvious.

It was obvious in the pairs that V&T could have fallen three times in their LP and won overall over a clean S&S with a throw triple axel. It was obvious in the Team Event every benefit of doubt went to Russia and Plushenko was already receiving some crazy scores. The fixed Olympic figure skating event was already underway and never let up, only to conclude with a bang all will remember.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    That is the thing. The other results were probably right in the end (ice dance is debated somewhat as you said). However the scores and margins for the rumored "fixed" results are telling, and to end up with this final result even if ladies wasnt mentioned specifically only makes all the previous ones seem that much more obvious.

It was obvious in the pairs that V&T could have fallen three times in their LP and won overall over a clean S&S with a throw triple axel. It was obvious in the Team Event every benefit of doubt went to Russia and Plushenko was already receiving some crazy scores. The fixed Olympic figure skating event was already underway and never let up, only to conclude with a bang all will remember.
    Yes. It seems in hindsight now that V/T could have made mistakes, S/S could have gone clean, and V/T would have still won.

D/W could have room for mistakes, V/M could have gone clean, and D/W would have still won.

Men...neither Russians or U.S. had any competitors.

Ladies...the scoring indicates that a clean Adelina and Julia would have gone 1-2 no matter what. Look at how ridiculously high Julia's scores were despite many mistakes. Only the mistakes were so much even the cheating could not help her.

You combine the fact that NBC and Russian media are the only ones who seem to be OK with the results ... it definitely seems very suspect. NBC seemed to have a clear agenda throughout.

Custom Title
    In what universe would NBC prefer the Russians to win over Gracie Gold? Why would the US give Russia the team gold, the ladies gold and the pairs gold to supposedly secure an ice dancing gold for a team that hadn't lost to anyone in 2 years? This is plainly ridiculous. It's not a conspiracy. The judges were just overly influenced by audience reactions. Occam's razor.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cptnhastings View Post
    In what universe would NBC prefer the Russians to win over Gracie Gold? Why would the US give Russia the team gold, the ladies gold and the pairs gold to supposedly secure an ice dancing gold for a team that hadn't lost to anyone in 2 years? This is plainly ridiculous. It's not a conspiracy. The judges were just overly influenced by audience reactions. Occam's razor.
    The French report said there was a tradeoff for support of D/W, and Gracie was way overscored as well. She scored 136 falling on her ***...did you see that?

Custom Title
    The French report said there was a tradeoff for support of D/W, and Gracie was way overscored as well. She scored 136 falling on her ***...did you see that?
    So the US really wanted Gold to finish 4th? For what reason? And who did she beat that should've been 4th instead? I heard the D/W part, but who trades 3 golds for 1? Especially 1 that they were already favored to win? Ugh. This conspiracy is plainly illogical. I'll exit this thread now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cptnhastings View Post
    So the US really wanted Gold to finish 4th? For what reason? And who did she beat that should've been 4th instead? I heard the D/W part, but who trades 3 golds for 1? Especially 1 that they were already favored to win? Ugh. This conspiracy is plainly illogical. I'll exit this thread now.
    If Gracie had skated clean and Kostner or Yuna fell once, she would have moved in (or even beat them clean). It's really not hard to figure out. Without help, Gracie would have maxed out in 120s. Now she can suddenly fall and still score 136. The fix couldn't be for guaranteed medals, only for maximum advantage. Look at Julia, how overscored she was, but even cheating couldn't help her she fell so much.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15