Russian coach: The US will help us win team gold and pairs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russian coach: The US will help us win team gold and pairs

Antilopa

On the Ice
I think US overpay in that case:) VT for DW is rather fair price.. But team medal?

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
doent make sense if you ask me

this is more like desperate V/M ubers making false stories

it's an article from a well-respected and most widely read sports paper in france if that makes you feel any better. maybe tomorrow they'll write an article about gracie's facial beauty and their credibility will go up in your eyes

elif

Medalist
The fix has been rumoured for some time - now someone has verbalized it openly that is the only difference.

Rumored from Canadians you mean? Because only skaters WHO benefit fom this rumour is canadians (Virtue/Moir-Chan) again. You know you should add Savchenko/Szokowy too. They didn't skate at team events right. This can be a fix too this time against Duhamel/Radford. :laugh:

I hope this thread is going to closed because I don't see a evidence in.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
V/M were overmaked at Vancouver skating on home ice
its payback time for Meryl and Charlie !

99% of people agree V/M deserved to win, regardless of whether or not it was at home. Except you. Even the Americans.

I suppose if Julia wins we should say it was because she was skating on home ice.

And Plushenko came 2nd yesterday because he was skating on home ice, right? ;)

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I just hope V/M will win another Olympic title and the article will be pointless.
Anyway, I don't think it's ok to judge anyone before watching the performances and the scores.

altuixde

On the Ice
Whether this fix exists or not, I hope that the news of it doesn't severely affect the skating.

emdee

Final Flight
Actually since the fix is known by many, skaters have to skate for themselves and the love of the sport.
Which is not a bad thing for us fans.
We will enjoy the performances for what they are.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The next step will be demanding the second Gold medal for Canada team.

no doubt some bitter people
seeing V/M have very little chance for gold and Yuzuru the hot favorite for OGM
no surprise some resort to smear campaign

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
This is why I stop trying to defend this sport to others. Politics....not sport.

Now I'm all for D/W winning but not this way.

you didn't read did you ?
that was just a mistranslated quote from a french article

this thread is to make Canada and V/M seem like so called victims
typical, its not anyones fault that V/M and Chan are not the OGM favorites

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Now I'm all for D/W winning but not this way.

i like d/w a lot (and they should have won 2012 worlds imo) but them winning the gpf with all their mistakes while v/m were clean as a damn whistle was ridiculous

that was just a mistranslated quote from a french article

how was it mistranslated? do you have the real translation?

elif

Medalist
We should just gave a team gold and a ice dance gold to canadians so we will have a fair olympics then. They can still win a fair medal for mens so we will wait for this. If Chan can't, I'm sure they can find another fix against them. :laugh:You know Japanese pairs got 3 points for team short. Of course russians helped them too, for a team medal. Yuzuru only can beat Chan this way. :laugh:

A nameless coach :rolleye:
Condition of anonymity, a senior Russian coach and decrypts the proposed barter with the United States

emdee

Final Flight
We should just gave a team gold and a ice dance gold to canadians so we will have a fair olympics then. They can still win a fair medal for mens so we will wait for this. If Chan can't, I'm sure they can find another fix against them. :laugh:You know Japanese pairs got 3 points for team short. Of course russians helped them too, for a team medal. Yuzuru only can beat Chan this way. :laugh:

Your comments have no relevance to the thread.

The fact is that a fix which was known for some time through rumour is now out in the open. What will be will be. Just as it was in the past when other nations got the wrong end of the big stick.... think back and you will know who and what I mean.

Besides it is DW who will have to handle the tainted gold which really does them no favours.

goldfinch

Spectator
So far, all we have is a poorly translated article in a French paper, so I can't get too upset yet.

Just a thought...It was a French judge who got caught making deals before. And, far from being disgraced and banned from figure skating in her home country, I recently read that she had been promoted to a position of importance in the French figure skating world. Therefore, I distrust anything I see coming out of France concerning 'trading favors' or 'buying judges'. Is this a case of the dishonest French judge wanting to paint others as dirty in order to lessen her own guilt? Maybe. Certainly the French have a motive to do so.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

A nameless coach :rolleye:

trade a barter so no scandal here if

Canada wins Team gold
V/M wins gold
and Chan wins gold too :sarcasm:

elif

Medalist
Your comments have no relevance to the thread.

The fact is that a fix which was known for some time through rumour is now out in the open. What will be will be. Just as it was in the past when other nations got the wrong end of the big stick.... think back and you will know who and what I mean.

Besides it is DW who will have to handle the tainted gold which really does them no favours.

Why? I'm saying another rumour right :laugh: I'm in your side emdee and hyperinflation.:laugh: I'm sure Davis/White, Yuzuru Hanyu or Russia can't handle a gold medal with those rumours. So they should gave gold to Canadians, rightful champions. :laugh: