Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian coach: The US will help us win team gold and pairs

Custom Title
    Actually since the fix is known by many, skaters have to skate for themselves and the love of the sport.
    Which is not a bad thing for us fans.
    We will enjoy the performances for what they are.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilopa View Post
    The next step will be demanding the second Gold medal for Canada team.
    no doubt some bitter people
    seeing V/M have very little chance for gold and Yuzuru the hot favorite for OGM
    no surprise some resort to smear campaign

Custom Title
    ...nevermind

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    This is why I stop trying to defend this sport to others. Politics....not sport.

Now I'm all for D/W winning but not this way.
    you didn't read did you ?
    that was just a mistranslated quote from a french article

this thread is to make Canada and V/M seem like so called victims
    typical, its not anyones fault that V/M and Chan are not the OGM favorites

Banned
    Now I'm all for D/W winning but not this way.
    i like d/w a lot (and they should have won 2012 worlds imo) but them winning the gpf with all their mistakes while v/m were clean as a damn whistle was ridiculous

that was just a mistranslated quote from a french article
    how was it mistranslated? do you have the real translation?

Custom Title
    We should just gave a team gold and a ice dance gold to canadians so we will have a fair olympics then. They can still win a fair medal for mens so we will wait for this. If Chan can't, I'm sure they can find another fix against them. You know Japanese pairs got 3 points for team short. Of course russians helped them too, for a team medal. Yuzuru only can beat Chan this way.

A nameless coach
    Condition of anonymity, a senior Russian coach and decrypts the proposed barter with the United States

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    We should just gave a team gold and a ice dance gold to canadians so we will have a fair olympics then. They can still win a fair medal for mens so we will wait for this. If Chan can't, I'm sure they can find another fix against them. You know Japanese pairs got 3 points for team short. Of course russians helped them too, for a team medal. Yuzuru only can beat Chan this way.
    Your comments have no relevance to the thread.

The fact is that a fix which was known for some time through rumour is now out in the open. What will be will be. Just as it was in the past when other nations got the wrong end of the big stick.... think back and you will know who and what I mean.

Besides it is DW who will have to handle the tainted gold which really does them no favours.

Rinkside
    So far, all we have is a poorly translated article in a French paper, so I can't get too upset yet.

Just a thought...It was a French judge who got caught making deals before. And, far from being disgraced and banned from figure skating in her home country, I recently read that she had been promoted to a position of importance in the French figure skating world. Therefore, I distrust anything I see coming out of France concerning 'trading favors' or 'buying judges'. Is this a case of the dishonest French judge wanting to paint others as dirty in order to lessen her own guilt? Maybe. Certainly the French have a motive to do so.

Banned

A nameless coach
    trade a barter so no scandal here if

Canada wins Team gold
    V/M wins gold
    and Chan wins gold too

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    Your comments have no relevance to the thread.

The fact is that a fix which was known for some time through rumour is now out in the open. What will be will be. Just as it was in the past when other nations got the wrong end of the big stick.... think back and you will know who and what I mean.

Besides it is DW who will have to handle the tainted gold which really does them no favours.
    Why? I'm saying another rumour right I'm in your side emdee and hyperinflation. I'm sure Davis/White, Yuzuru Hanyu or Russia can't handle a gold medal with those rumours. So they should gave gold to Canadians, rightful champions.

Banned
    Why? I'm saying another rumour right I'm in your side emdee and hyperinflation. I'm sure Davis/White, Yuzuru Hanyu or Russia can't handle a gold medal with those rumours. So they should gave gold to Canadians, rightful champions.
    idk get your rumor published by well respected, widely circulated newspaper and i'll gladly welcome you into the club?

Custom Title
    Actually I am a big Hanyu fan. I literally hang out of the car when driving past the Cricket Club hoping to catch a glimpse of him!

Tripping on the Podium
    Well whether the alleged fix is fact or fiction. In a perfect world wouldn't it be wonderful if all the skaters who win the gold do so in such a manner that none can deny they deserved it whether some thought there needed to be a fix for them to win. I hope all the medalists in skating no matter which country they are skating for they skate in such a manner that even the ones that think that a fix was in they will not be able to say any medalist did not deserve their medal regardless o fwhich colour of medal they win by their performances. Their performances will stand the test. I hope that will happen but then I want to be an optomist. Regardless of what fans like or hate a skater they have to acknowledge that every skater who gets to the olympic level has worked for years and their families have sacrificed much to get them there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperinflation View Post
    idk get your rumor published by well respected, widely circulated newspaper and i'll gladly welcome you into the club?
    Sorry but in my country those nameless rumours is a crime for newspapers. I have to find another country. When I can, I will say another fix against Canadians from a nameless russian coach

Banned
    Sorry but in my country those nameless rumours is a crime. I have to find another country.
    ok but it's not really a random rumor by a random newspaper. this was the first paper that accused lance armstrong of doping

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast