Russian coach: The US will help us win team gold and pairs | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Russian coach: The US will help us win team gold and pairs

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Why? I'm saying another rumour right :laugh: I'm in your side emdee and hyperinflation.:laugh: I'm sure Davis/White, Yuzuru Hanyu or Russia can't handle a gold medal with those rumours. So they should gave gold to Canadians, rightful champions. :laugh:

idk get your rumor published by well respected, widely circulated newspaper and i'll gladly welcome you into the club?

emdee

Final Flight
Actually I am a big Hanyu fan. I literally hang out of the car when driving past the Cricket Club hoping to catch a glimpse of him!

jfdw

Rinkside
Well whether the alleged fix is fact or fiction. In a perfect world wouldn't it be wonderful if all the skaters who win the gold do so in such a manner that none can deny they deserved it whether some thought there needed to be a fix for them to win. I hope all the medalists in skating no matter which country they are skating for they skate in such a manner that even the ones that think that a fix was in they will not be able to say any medalist did not deserve their medal regardless o fwhich colour of medal they win by their performances. Their performances will stand the test. I hope that will happen but then I want to be an optomist. Regardless of what fans like or hate a skater they have to acknowledge that every skater who gets to the olympic level has worked for years and their families have sacrificed much to get them there.

elif

Medalist
idk get your rumor published by well respected, widely circulated newspaper and i'll gladly welcome you into the club?

Sorry but in my country those nameless rumours is a crime for newspapers. I have to find another country. :laugh: When I can, I will say another fix against Canadians from a nameless russian coach :laugh:

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Sorry but in my country those nameless rumours is a crime. I have to find another country.

ok but it's not really a random rumor by a random newspaper. this was the first paper that accused lance armstrong of doping

emdee

Final Flight
So far, all we have is a poorly translated article in a French paper, so I can't get too upset yet.

Just a thought...It was a French judge who got caught making deals before. And, far from being disgraced and banned from figure skating in her home country, I recently read that she had been promoted to a position of importance in the French figure skating world. Therefore, I distrust anything I see coming out of France concerning 'trading favors' or 'buying judges'. Is this a case of the dishonest French judge wanting to paint others as dirty in order to lessen her own guilt? Maybe. Certainly the French have a motive to do so.

Well this same rumour came out a while ago and has now been brought out into the open.
The French press is very active and have never been contained - see how they pilloried their own in the press.
The French Press has a long history of J'Accuse .....And in a different context, no doubt, this is what they are doing here.
And I applaud them.

Next steps I am sure will be for this story to either die a natural death or for the international press to start to ferret things out. Scandal sells newspapers so the latter is likely!

elif

Medalist
Well this same rumour came out a while ago and has now been brought out into the open.
The French press is very active and have never been contained - see how they pilloried their own in the press.
The French Press has a long history of J'Accuse .....And in a different context, no doubt, this is what they are doing here.
And I applaud them.

Next steps I am sure will be for this story to either die a natural death or for the international press to start to ferret things out. Scandal sells newspapers so the latter is likely!

I'm really hoping that.:) I wish international press could be a little faster. I want those story before ice dance event. This way no judge going to mark Davis/White higher than Virtue/Moir because of this fix. :laugh: Every skating fan going to hate Davis/White :laugh: I don't want a two medal like 2002. Go Canada, true champions :laugh:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
sry but plushy's program was a mess apart from his jumps, he deserved a much lower score

We risk the wrath of Skyfly but yes, Plushy could have had far lower pcs especially in transition though he might be the best for performance and or interpretatin his transitions and skating skills are not of Dai or Chan's quality.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Then, like A&P in 2002, D&W will have to dance so brilliantly that no one will question the win. People forget that the 2002 scandal was supposed to be that the French got a win for A&P in dance and the Russians would get a win for B&S in pairs. However, you never hear anyone claiming A&P's gold medal was somehow tainted.

lavender

Record Breaker
Not every fan will hate Davis and White. I won't...I will still be happy for them no matter what. Regardless of these rumors if they skate great I will feel that they deserve to win.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
We risk the wrath of Skyfly but yes, Plushy could have had far lower pcs especially in transition though he might be the best for performance and or interpretatin his transitions and skating skills are not of Dai or Chan's quality.

how typical still upset Zhenya scored higher than beloved Chan . boo hoo
its good Chan knows he wont get special treatment in Sochi,

This is Yuzuru Hanyu's gold medal to lose
hopefully the lucky stars venue will shine brighter for him :)

wallylutz

Medalist
you didn't read did you ?
that was just a mistranslated quote from a french article

this thread is to make Canada and V/M seem like so called victims
typical, its not anyones fault that V/M and Chan are not the OGM favorites

Mistranslated?

Don't worry, I will do the proper translation for the benefit of GS readers just to shove it down your throat so that you can be quiet once for all :

Original article in French : http://www.lequipe.fr/Tous-sports/Article/Petits-arrangements-entre-amis/10186

Here is the proper English translation :

As a part of its colorful history, Figure Skating competitions have always had its share of controversies. After all, what would Figure Skating be without the scandals and the drama? For instance, in 1927 when Sonja Henie won her first world title (out of 10 World titles) in Oslo (on home ice), it was tainted by a controversy. The young Norwegian was favored in a split decision by 3 judges against 2 over the Austrian, Herma Szabo...to be exact, by 3 Norwegian judges.

Since then, the list of controversial decisions has become much longer over the years. For instance, as we saw yesterday, during the inaugural opening of the Team Event in Figure Skating. Russia and Canada, the overwhelming favorites for the Team Gold medal on Sunday, are leading after Men and Pairs SP. Three times World Champion, Patrick Chan, who downgraded his jump combination and stepped out on his Triple Axel, allowed a slower but more successful jumper in Evgeni Plushenko to place slightly ahead. These two skaters are way behind the magnificent Japanese skater, Yuzuru Hanyu. Moments later, a spectacular performance to the Masquerade Waltz performed by V/T was without a doubt better than the respectable performance of D/R. Therefore, it is evident why Russia is currently ahead of Canada.

A Russian Coach : "The United States will help us win the Gold medal in the Team Event and in Pairs"

But one needs to look beyond what meets the eyes. If one were to pay attention since the (Olympic) judges' draw last autumn, it wouldn't be hard to notice the flurry of "activities" and politicking that has been taking place almost like a courtship dance. The various deal exchanges between the so called "friends" reminds us again why Figure Skating may look like a circus on ice. With its share of rumors regarding under-the-table deals or potential future favors / IOU, not surprisingly, Russia is again at the center of most of these speculations, including the most damning ones.

Translator's note : The 3rd paragraph is especially hard to translate. English and French cannot be translated literarly and sometimes, I am forced to combine sentences before translating in order to stay true to the meaning of the author and convey the imagery he intends to get across.

Humiliated over the fact that Russia did not win a single Olympic title (in Figure Skating) at the 2010 Winter Games, Russia intends to avenge this insult by taking at least two OGM at the Sochi Games (in Figure Skating), that is in Team Event and in Pairs, thanks to V/T, the current World Champions in Pairs. In order to better their chances, the host of the 2014 Games has negotiated with many nations. A prominent Russian coach, who requested to remain anonymous, described the deal with the United States : "As we don't have any directly conflicting "interests" per say, they (USA) will help us win the gold medal in the Team Event and in Pairs. In return, we will promise to support Davis/White in Ice Dance over Canadians, Virtue/Moir, as this will mean the first OGM for the USA in Ice Dance."

France and Italy, who both hope to win the Bronze medal (in Ice Dance) have also obtained promise of support from Russia...notwithstanding the fact that there are two Ice Dance duos from Moscow who also hope to win this prize as well. This situation will undoubtedly remind us of the controversy in 2002 caused by Marie-Reine Le Gougne, the French judge in the Pairs event who later disclosed publicly that she deliberately favored the Russians (over the Canadians) as demanded by the President of FFSG - Didier Gailhaguet. The 2002 deal was supposed to be a trade for Russia's vote in favor of Anissina/Peizerat in Ice Dance, except the French were in direct competition with the Russians for the OGM, and the Russian judge obviously did not deliver what was promised to the French and voted in favor of the Russian duo for OGM.

At the end, two Gold medals were awarded in the Pairs event in 2002 while, on other hand, both French officials (Le Gougne and Gailhaguet) have been suspended for 3 years and a new judging system was eventually created. Anissina/Peizerat deserved their Olympic win, the fact is a true victory can withstand the test of time and any close scrutiny post-mortem by other people. Despite all controversies and attempts at manipulating the results, the winner is more often than not, well deserved.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
exactly,
the fake article is a rehash hoping for the same fantasy scenario in 2014 Olympics
not this is a french article, mentioning the SLC scandal involving the french judge
rehashing the story this time on a different era and venue.

nothing of real dig here. next !!!

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
exactly,
the fake article is a rehash hoping for the same fantasy scenario in 2014 Olympics
not this is a french article, mentioning the SLC scandal involving the french judge
rehashing the story this time on a different era and venue.

nothing of real dig here. next !!!

except the new translation pretty much says the same thing as the old translation soooo...

Nocturne

On the Ice
how typical still upset Zhenya scored higher than beloved Chan . boo hoo
its good Chan knows he wont get special treatment in Sochi,

This is Yuzuru Hanyu's gold medal to lose
hopefully the lucky stars venue will shine brighter for him :)

Why should saying plyshy's score was too high automatically have something to do with patrick's placement?
When I watched plyshy skate, I was rather disappointed, because apart from the jumps, his program was plain bad to me. IMHO his spins were awkward and slow, the music cuts were to obvious and I didnt really see any choreograhy. Well that was my unimpressed opinion of his skate and it had nothing to do with Patrick. He could have scored over 100 and i still would have found plyshy to be overscored.

Thanks for the translation, Wallylutz. I wish the "anonymous Russian coach" had supplied some details or evidence. Maybe it was the coach of the Russian dance teams or Russian ladies who are saying, hey, what about us?

elif

Medalist
Yes. With this translation we have our evidence. Now they can ban entire russian and american team.:laugh: Then we can take our gold medals :party:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Thanks for the translation, Wallylutz. I wish the "anonymous Russian coach" had supplied some details or evidence. Maybe it was the coach of the Russian dance teams or Russian ladies who are saying, hey, what about us?

It was me. I was the anonymous Russian coach. The guilt has consumed me. Forgive me for being too weak to resist the guilt, Mother Russia.

Hee.

Near

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I'm not sure I'd be so quick to dismiss L'equipe. People said exactly the same thing when they broke that Armstrong was doping, that it was all anti-American nonsense. Look how that ended up.

I'm not saying there is corruption going on - there would be nothing weird with Russia, T/T and D/W winning - they are the favourites. But considering the sad history of figure skating judging I wouldn't be shocked to learn that the judging was biased.