Russian coach: The US will help us win team gold and pairs | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Russian coach: The US will help us win team gold and pairs

aftertherain

Record Breaker
France and Italy, who both hope to win the Bronze medal (in Ice Dance) have also obtained promise of support from Russia...notwithstanding the fact that there are two Ice Dance duos from Moscow who also hope to win this prize as well. This situation will undoubtedly remind us of the controversy in 2002 caused by Marie-Reine Le Gougne, the French judge in the Pairs event who later disclosed publicly that she deliberately favored the Russians (over the Canadians) as demanded by the President of FFSG - Didier Gailhaguet.

Are we all just going to ignore this first sentence?

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
In men's event all eyes are on Plushenko and Chan, but if Hanyu does his programs without any mistakes, he'll win, no matter what the other two do or what Russian coaches say.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
In men's event all eyes are on Plushenko and Chan, but if Hanyu does his programs without any mistakes, he'll win, no matter what the other two do or what Russian coaches say.

he deserves it too, i think he's got the momentum now.

he looks so relaxed and at ease out on the ice too... as opposed to chan who looks like he's about to wet himself at any given moment

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yes. With this translation we have our evidence. Now they can ban entire russian and american team.:laugh: Then we can take our gold medals :party:

how dare they take Canada's Team , ice dance and mens gold !
I was that annonmous judge who blew the article :yes:

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
France and Italy, who both hope to win the Bronze medal (in Ice Dance) have also obtained promise of support from Russia...notwithstanding the fact that there are two Ice Dance duos from Moscow who also hope to win this prize as well.

So we're going to have a massive tie for bronze between 2 Russian teams, the Italians and the French? And what the twizzle, just throw W/P up there as well, medals for everyone!

This article is completely ridiculous. First off, why in the world would a Russian coach go to the press and basically admit that they're pretty much buying the team gold? Wouldn't you do everything in your power to keep it a secret? Secondly, who cares what news this paper broke about Lance Armstrong? There were rumors about him for years, and legitimate rumors, not rumors created in fandomland by fans desperately trying to come up with a reason as to why their favorites lost.

And I am sick of hearing about the twizzled at the GPF. D/W received a level 4 because they did nothing to lose a level, their error affected their GOE, but not their level.

emdee

Final Flight
Then, like A&P in 2002, D&W will have to dance so brilliantly that no one will question the win. People forget that the 2002 scandal was supposed to be that the French got a win for A&P in dance and the Russians would get a win for B&S in pairs. However, you never hear anyone claiming A&P's gold medal was somehow tainted.

Absolutely. DW skating should not have the mistakes of the GPF and then to get level 4 with plus GOE there!
If their skating deserves the win I am all for it. As I am totally ok with a deserving Hanyu beating my favourite Chan.

elif

Medalist
I'm not sure I'd be so quick to dismiss L'equipe. People said exactly the same thing when they broke that Armstrong was doping, that it was all anti-American nonsense. Look how that ended up.

I'm not saying there is corruption going on - there would be nothing weird with Russia, T/T and D/W winning - they are the favourites. But considering the sad history of figure skating judging I wouldn't be shocked to learn that the judging was biased.

L'equipe owned by Éditions Philippe Amaury who are largest promoters of sports events in France, including the Tour de France and Paris–Roubaix bicycle races, says wikipedia. They could have insider information easily. Of course biggest and most truthful newspaper in the world can't make mistakes so I'm believing this story with my whole heart. Canada for team gold.:party2:

Mia_

Rinkside
Saying a fix was there a disrespect to all skaters. Plushenko only can beat Chan If judges helps. Davis/White only can beat Virtue/Moir If judges helps. Bla bla bla. :no: I'm already hating this thread. Sorry.

This article doesn't mention any "fix" regarding Plushenko. Only fixing in favour of D/W, NOT Plushenko.

KKonas

Medalist
Well, since none of the tech panel for ice dance will be from the countries of the top 5 finishers at last world championships in ice dance, I find this conspiracy ridiculous. And those who complain about the result of gpf final simply don't understand how tech elements are judged. And why do V&T need some conspiracy to win pairs?

seniorita

Record Breaker
So is Chan secretly in favor of Russians and did skate like that on purpose in team event to help the fix for Plushy? Is he secretly a fan of Plushy and wanted him to be ahead? Is he helping the same for individuals? Oh huge suspense...

Mia_

Rinkside
L'equipe owned by Éditions Philippe Amaury who are largest promoters of sports events in France, including the Tour de France and Paris–Roubaix bicycle races, says wikipedia. They could have insider information easily. Of course biggest and most truthful newspaper in the world can't make mistakes so I'm believing this story with my whole heart. Canada for team gold.:party2:

Your argument is strange. So they accidentally (or not) made mistakes in publishing the fix. Yes, reporting the allegation is an error. Yes, it must be another couple :party2:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If D&W skate the way they did at U.S. Nationals,there should be no questions, particularly if V&M skate the way they did at Canadian Nationals. If there is a nameless Russian coach, my guess is that it is I&K's coach in 2012. His interview after 2012 Worlds said that he believed that I&K finished higher there than previously exactly because no Russian judges were on the panel.

It sounds like the same kind of thinking. I tend to be skeptical of anonymous sources who report stuff to newspapers that they should be reporting to the authorities. And why on earth would a Russian coach be told by the Russian, Italian, or French Fed that this was going down?

Sounds like shades of Joe Inman's letter, except that Inman was enough of a mensch to sign his letter.

elif

Medalist
This article doesn't mention any "fix" regarding Plushenko. Only fixing in favour of D/W, NOT Plushenko.

First post in this thread was like that but changed afterwards: i knew the fix was in when plushy got his plushyflation scores tbh. You can see other posts still has that quote (2nd and 5th in this thread) This is why I writed that.

elif

Medalist
France and Italy, who both hope to win the Bronze medal (in Ice Dance) have also obtained promise of support from Russia...notwithstanding the fact that there are two Ice Dance duos from Moscow who also hope to win this prize as well.
Are we all just going to ignore this first sentence?

I can't believe they fixed result with İtaly and France too.:laugh: Why they didn't fixed with us? :laugh:

aftertherain

Record Breaker

To reason that you believe it is true is one thing, but to claim that everything that this news source says is absolutely and totally true 100% of the time is just irresponsible on your part.

louisa05

Final Flight
Everyone better lay off Jeremy. Clearly he was just taking one for the team so D/W can bring home gold.