Security at worlds?? | Golden Skate

Security at worlds??

Kwanisqueen81

Rinkside
Worlds will be heald in Germany this year. Just recently where were terror attacks on Spain. Worlds will be a high profile event. What precautions has the organizers taken to make sure worlds is safe??

JOHIO2

Medalist
I suspect that Worlds will go on without any international incidents -- beyond any antics by competitors, judges, coaches, "Speedy" etc.

Last year's worlds went on in Washington DC during the invasion of Iraq. In fact, we were invading Iraq when I was boarding the bus to DC last year. Besides changing where I stayed (who wanted to be out near an Air Force base in the middle of an international invasion?), the worlds experience was OK.

Here's to a worlds without terror....

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I think the figure skating world is still fairly safe - not unless someone has it in for a judge! :laugh: I am sure all safety precautions have been taken care of. The skaters are protected from the public.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Interesting topic. I recall many people complaining of missing some of the performances (especially at Qualifying and Compulsories, where the draw is random) because of security checks.