Unathorized Virtue & Moir twitter page spreading propaganda | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Unathorized Virtue & Moir twitter page spreading propaganda

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
It's the Nationalists that are fanning the flame, trying to leave an excuse just in case Virtue/Moir lose. I watched the CBC broadcast of the short dance and every other word that came out of one of the Nationalists mouth was negative about Davis and White. Even when one of her colleagues would say something positive she would counter with something negative. They feel as though they have to tear Davis and white down in order to make that humdrum team look better.

millie

Medalist
I'm utterly disgusted by the Canadian media quoting it like's it's legitimate and true. And it's so riddiculous! Has nobody paid attention to D/W the past four years? They've been on top most of the time. Saying the fix is in and that's why they're winning is saying the fix has been in pretty much since 2011. They're technically the strongest team out there, they've improved their connection, they've gained control over their speed and energy, they've peaked. V/M's peak was in Vancouver and some people just can't deal with that.

It's all just sour grapes from people who never accepted the fact that the once inferior D/W actually caught up with their once superior opponents. Or even surpassed them.

There is no such thing as fixing the scores in figure skating dance!!!!!NEWS FLASH..... Sale and Pelletier...Salt Lake City 2002. Some people have short memories....if the skate was not the other foot and it was D/W, Americans and the American media would have a field day with this type of propaganda....crying foul. Sour grapes....the only people with the sour grapes in their mouths are the fans of D/W......don't count your chickens before they hatch......

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
There is no such thing as fixing the scores in figure skating dance!!!!!NEWS FLASH..... Sale and Pelletier...Salt Lake City 2002. Some people have short memories....if the skate was not the other foot and it was D/W, Americans and the American media would have a field day with this type of propaganda....crying foul. Sour grapes....the only people with the sour grapes in their mouths are the fans of D/W......don't count your chickens before they hatch......

WRONG! its the Nationalists that are so obsessed with Davis and White because they are taking everything away from the Canadians. The Olympics are their last standing ground. Even Virtue and Moir are obsessed with Davis and White. Meryl took her coach, took her titles, took her glory, took her endorsements, took her world championship, took her man, blocked her from ever winning GPF and now the only thing left is to snatch is that Olympic gold. By the time Meryl is done taking from her the only thing she would have left is her soul.... and that's half way taken too...

aftertherain

Record Breaker

OMG, like, I know right. The members of Team Russia were expected to bomb so badly right now that their Federation was desperate enough to flex their muscles against the American Federation and play politics for the team gooooooold! Obviously, they need it, because every single one of them are struggling to stay upright.

:laugh:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It's unfortunate that people are buying into the vote swapping thing. If its true it delegitimizes any deserving win of D/W and that's not very fair to them. It's like if people said V/T are beneficiaries of vote swapping and corruption when they would win even if events were scored fairly because they legitimately are superior.

millie

Medalist
S
WRONG! its the Nationalists that are so obsessed with Davis and White because they are taking everything away from the Canadians. The Olympics are their last standing ground. Even Virtue and Moir are obsessed with Davis and White. Meryl took her coach, took her titles, took her glory, took her endorsements, took her world championship, took her man, blocked her from ever winning GPF and now the only thing left is to snatch is that Olympic gold. By the time Meryl is done taking from her the only thing she would have left is her soul.... and that's half way taken too...

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE AMERICAN...well done..Meryl can't take away her dignity and her pride in her country, Canada.

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
S

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE AMERICAN...well done..Meryl can't take away her dignity and her pride in her country, Canada.

Not my fault Meryl took her man and her glory... I would not doubt that V/M probably wanted to retire earlier but could not stand the thought of losing it all to D/W.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I heard it was a French Magazine article. It would keep the US and Russian judge on their toes though to judge fairly...just saying.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I hate it. It spoils the Olympics. I've had several articles of Canadian origin on my FB this morning- written from the POV that V/M are always better and NO ONE believes D/W has /will ever win legitimately. I feel awful that D/W have to see this crap.

I'm Canadian too, and I agree that this sort of mess is harmful to all the teams. Most true figure skating fans appreciate good skaters from all countries anyway, not just our own. And those of us who are not part of the V&M vs. D&W fights on the forums are able to appreciate both teams without having to hate the other one.

The other thing about articles like this that the general public won't understand is that it's harder to fix an event under the new system, anyway. It's not like in the old days when there were only 9 judges whose identities were all known in advance and who could use ordinals to specifically rank people a particular way. It's harder to do that under the COP system with anonymous judging. Still can be messed with, but not as easily.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I'm utterly disgusted by the Canadian media quoting it like's it's legitimate and true. And it's so riddiculous! Has nobody paid attention to D/W the past four years? They've been on top most of the time. Saying the fix is in and that's why they're winning is saying the fix has been in pretty much since 2011. They're technically the strongest team out there, they've improved their connection, they've gained control over their speed and energy, they've peaked. V/M's peak was in Vancouver and some people just can't deal with that.

It's all just sour grapes from people who never accepted the fact that the once inferior D/W actually caught up with their once superior opponents. Or even surpassed them.

agreed seems some people just cant get over V/M peak were long over in 2010 Vancouver were they even got inflated marks there
they are technically deficient now, she looks labored and none of their skating looks effortless, the lifts are meh

The other thing about articles like this that the general public won't understand is that it's harder to fix an event under the new system, anyway. It's not like in the old days when there were only 9 judges whose identities were all known in advance and who could use ordinals to specifically rank people a particular way. It's harder to do that under the COP system with anonymous judging. Still can be messed with, but not as easily.

That's one big advantage of the judging being anonymous. How can you finalise such deal when you will never have any certainty that the judges marked as agreed upon?

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
1. I think we have to remember something about the reaction of the Canadian media and the Canadian public here. They still have 2002 Salt Lake City in their minds. They therefore are suspicious right away whenever they hear rumours about vote-fixing, even if it may be false. To some extent I can understand that because that was a huge scandal and it got a huge amount of worldwide attention and even led to the awarding of another set of gold medals, changes to the judging system, etc. Any rumours about it happening again will therefore be covered by the press and cause angry reactions from Canadians online, etc. That makes sense from that perspective.

2. But yes, the problem is that for those reporters or members of the public who only tune in to figure skating every four years and know very little about the competitions of the last few years, the COP system, or the results that D&W vs. V&M have received, they are not necessarily going to be accurate in what they are talking about. Casual viewers probably have V&M's 2010 skate at the Olympics in their minds and may not be aware that D&W have won more competitions than V&M over the past few seasons. They may be unaware that D&W are considered the ones with more momentum in 2014, and that they don't have to cheat to win if they skate well.