Unathorized Virtue & Moir twitter page spreading propaganda | Golden Skate

Unathorized Virtue & Moir twitter page spreading propaganda

This looks quite sad and desperate.

I guess that Twitter account is run by a crazed fan. *shrug*

wallylutz

Medalist
This looks quite sad and desperate.

I guess that Twitter account is run by a crazed fan. *shrug*

How can it be desperate when you acknowledge in your post it was run by a 3rd party not related to V/M? I mean, should I assume sky_fly20 speak for Gracie Gold and Yuzuru Hanyu?

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
I mean, should I assume sky_fly20 speak for Gracie Gold and Yuzuru Hanyu?

god help us all

then again, considering gracie used to dm anyone who trashed her skating on twitter with threats and insults, it's not that much of a stretch

How can it be desperate when you acknowledge in your post it was run by a 3rd party not related to V/M? I mean, should I assume sky_fly20 speak for Gracie Gold and Yuzuru Hanyu?

Sad and desperate on the part of whoever is the crazy, brainless person behind that Twitter account.

I feel sorry for V/M because I don't think that this is the PR they want and definitely one that they don't need.

At least for media purposes, they present their relationship with D/W as that of friends and I don't think they would want to see their rivals slagged off. More importantly, it just looks very unprofessional.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
At least for media purposes, they present their relationship with D/W as that of friends

not really and not anymore. i don't know what happened between 2010 and 2014 but the relationship seems to have gone seriously cold, especially from v/m's side. probably something to do with d/w beating them. or meryl dating tessa's ex

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
This is why it's a good idea to have a twitter account in your name-it keeps other people from using it, even if you don't want to post on it yourself.

not really and not anymore. i don't know what happened between 2010 and 2014 but the relationship seems to have gone seriously cold, especially from v/m's side. probably something to do with d/w beating them. or meryl dating tessa's ex

Thanks, I don't follow the interviews with them closely so I didn't realise that. Interesting.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Sad and desperate on the part of whoever is the crazy, brainless person behind that Twitter account.

I feel sorry for V/M because I don't think that this is the PR they want and definitely one that they don't need.

I clicked on the link and realized that I've skimmed the tumblr that's listed on the bottom of the description a couple of days bac;. I'm not surprised. To paraphrase, I think the person who runs the account said that they also followed the super-weird "Dube and Moir" blog, not for the conspiracy married couple (or something?) theories, but because it's a "great place" for V/M fans to speak without fear of judgment or whatever.

What a strange person.

Anyway, I don't connect that account to Tessa and Scott personally, so it really hasn't colored my perception of them as a great and deserving team.

Also:

ANONYMOUS ASKED: Do you think Virtue and Moir are aware of the rumors flying around that the competition is being rigged?
I hope not. They need to be in their competition bubble to skate well.​

I don't see how that person posting things frequently about this whole thing helps matters. If anything, it might spread faster to V/M, which is something s/he "doesn't want."

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thx to the mods for clarifying what originally was a misleading thread title.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Thanks, I don't follow the interviews with them closely so I didn't realise that. Interesting.

if you watch v/m's ridiculous show (which, don't, because it's really dumb. but also, do, because it's really dumb), the rivalry seems pretty personal too as well as being competition-related. i'm pretty sure charlie and scott are still pretty chummy, but meryl and tessa apparently don't talk anymore and i get the impression scott doesn't because tessa doesn't. they say they're civil, but they say it in a way you know means 'i hate their guts, i hope they fall'

for what its worth, d/w say they're still friends. but those two are media trained up the butthole and wouldn't give an opinion either way on something as innocuous as celery so..

I don't see how that person posting things frequently about this whole thing helps matters. If anything, it might spread faster to V/M, which is something s/he "doesn't want."

they're not idiots. whether there's a fix or not, they didn't waltz in off the street yesterday and decide to start figure skating competitively. they know the scores they've been getting all season and they know what that means for their olympic chances

elif

Medalist
I'm glad those twitter accounts says things like that. I hope other Canadian fans are going to say too. This way whole world will know who is best ice dance team in the Olympics. Other countries need a fix but we are not. Go Canada:laugh:

A Canadian fan.:laugh:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
but meryl and tessa apparently don't talk anymore and i get the impression scott doesn't because tessa doesn't. they say they're civil, but they say it in a way you know means 'i hate their guts, i hope they fall'

source* ?
sounds like an overblown rumor

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
source* ?

it was on an episode of their dumb show

tessa's like, "i wouldn't say we're friends...but we're civil." the way she says it, you know she means they hate each other. also they mention meryl not talking to them or sitting in the change room with them and scott kind of being a douche and playing head games and making digs when he knows she can hear them

aftertherain

Record Breaker
source* ?

Tessa&Scott reality show. I think it was either episode 1 or 2 when Tessa said they were "civil". They also mentioned (in another episode, I think), that it's gotten to the point where they can't even be in the same locker room anymore.