2014 Polish Junior Nationals | Golden Skate

2014 Polish Junior Nationals

2014 Polish Junior Nationals - Results

PFSA's 2013-14 YouTube Channel
This is where the judges' camera videos from all national competitions are uploaded and I imagine that the Junior Nationals videos will find their way there as well.

28 Junior Ladies and 10 Junior Men are taking part.

Junior Ice Dance event took place during Four Nationals and we don't have any Junior Pairs at the moment. :(

Things are not looking very promising for the future. :(

In Junior Ladies SP, only three skaters attempted triple jumps and only one (Agata Kryger) landed it. Only five clean double axels.

In Junior Men SP, Krzysztof Gała did his 100%, landing 3axel, 3lutz/2toe and 3loop. He's a great jumper but his presentation leaves a lot to be desired, unfortunately. Still having a skater this young have a consistent triple axel is something absolutely incredible for our standards. Top 4 landed triple jumps (or at least rotated them) so Men seem to be in a better shape than Ladies.

And it's over.

16-year old Agata Kryger, who made it to the FS at her first Euros this season, won by over 14 points which was a done deal before she even stepped onto the ice really. There is nobody else at her level. She didn't have a good FS, though, unfortunately.

Marcelina Lech pulled up to 2nd with two 2axels. Weronika Kasprzak was 3rd and Agnieszka Rejment placed 3rd in the FS (with two 2axels) to pull up to 5th. Which means Siudeks had four skaters in the top 5. :)

Kryger and 9th placed Ada Wawrzyk were the only two skaters to have attempted and landed triple jumps. :( Only three out of 27 skaters had clean 2axels. :(

Men were a total mess. At least Krzysztof Gała rotated two 3axels, though.

Agata Kryger and Krzysztof Gała should be going to Junior Worlds.

I wonder what the federation will do about the Ice Dance team. Tomczak/Binkowski won Nationals but Kaliszek/Kurbakov had some impressive international results (top 10 at an JGP event and some international competition medals).

Nirti

Medalist
Will Agata Kryger try to go to Worlds senior too?
She has the TES required for the free program but not for the short. It's maybe harder to reach it at Junior Worlds, did she plan to go to an international "B" competition too?

No plans that I know of. I think she is focusing on Junior Worlds now. Considering that her SP jump content is 3toe/2toe, 3salchow and 2axel, it would be extremely hard for her to make the minimum score for Worlds.

It's now officially confirmed. The Junior Worlds team is:
Agata Kryger
Krzysztof Gała
Beatrice Tomczak/Damian Binkowski

I know PFSA has always gone on Nationals results in the past but I am surprised T/B have been selected given K/K's better international results.