2014 Olympics Team Event Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Team Event Short Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
the ranking is fixed :scowl: according to Canadian press

But not, if you read, according to Canadian Olympic officials. Who I believe are a far more credible source than "an anonymous source."

Mathman is 150% right: anonymous judging means ANYONE can float a rumor of judging impropriety. "Anonymous" is a handy tool for stirring the pot. And frankly, given the performances, Russia hasn't needed any 'judging help' to be in the lead. At least so far.

LOL the NBC link has just been cut off. Surprise surprise. Ah but the BBC is on, so that's good.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Sandra and Scott can say some of the dumbest things, so irritating. And I want to confront them, but can only confront my puter screen.

nbc commentary is a mess. yesterday, during the opening ceremony they actually said, "if you want more information, go google it."

lovegoodxo

Rinkside
Does anyone have a link that works in the UK? The link that hyperinflation posted seems to have a virus for me because it just opens a million tabs. BBC 2 coverage is rubbish!!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I would say it would depend on how close the score is between Russia and Canada at the time the decision is made. W/P has never beaten B/S (as far as I can remember), so if the score is close I doubt they would be substituted. It also will depend on whatever OTHER substitution Canada is going to make for the finals. I'd say it's very likely that V/M will do both.

Not these past two seasons, but at 2011 Worlds, 2011 Cup of Russia, 2011/2012 GPF, and 2012 Worlds they did. It's been a while, though.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, so the Short Dance is supposed to be starting on BBCi1 now, and they are still on Freestyle Skiing.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

But, the coverage has already started via a livestream on the BBC website:

Official BBC Livestreaming Channel

This is NOT the same livestream page that was used for Thursday's competitions.

For more details, see my post from about 15 minutes ago in the TV schedule thread

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT: BBCi1 joined it late while I was writing this comment!

lovegoodxo

Rinkside
OK, so the Short Dance is supposed to be starting on BBCi1 now, and they are still on Freestyle Skiing.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

But, the coverage has already started via a livestream on the BBC website:

Official BBC Livestreaming Channel

This is NOT the same livestream page that was used for Thursday's competitions.

For more details, see my post from about 15 minutes ago in the TV schedule thread

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT: BBCi1 joined it late while I was writing this comment!

You are fabulous!!
ETA: Do you know what channel BBCi1 is on Sky?

Kittosuni

Medalist
NBC working fine. Im watching from my phone since im at work. Still not a fullpack arena. maybe when its the ladies turn?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Channel 10 has two channels - One is showing the luge - there's an Aussie in this one. Ten just finished the moguls. Hopefully they'll cross.

It's hideously difficult to find out what's on which channel when. At the moment I'm just flicking back and forth looking. When it comes time to record...I'm glad I can record two channels at once.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
new "dress" from Zhiganshina...:) (it looks more like some kind of swimsuit with sparkling details and a tail with a bow behind...and I didn't see Alexander, someone could descibe his costume?)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
WOOHOO! Ten goes to the Short Dance!

EDIT:

Oooh, I keep forgetting they're allowed lyrics.

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
new "dress" from Zhiganshina...:) (it looks more like some kind of swimsuit with sparkling details and a tail with a bow behind...and I didn't see Alexander, someone could descibe his costume?)

Just got a short glimpse, but his costume appears to be the same

eta: Wonder whom Alex entrusts shaking his giant cowbell while he's skating :laugh:

ARipp42014

Medalist

I wanted to make a comment about Nelly's outfit but will add her stockings are so sparkly! Alex, OTOH, is tuning up his cowbell!