Ilia Klimkin RUS 10
Evgeni Plushenko RUS 13
Trifun Zivanovic SCG 3
Gregor Urbas SLO 8
Gareth Echardt RSA 2
Kristoffer Berntsson SWE 20
Vitali Danilchenko UKR 16
Michael Weiss USA 14

Edited twice, first to separate into 2 groups, then to remove the Q 'B' from the A list . SHould be correct now

Last edited:

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Weiss is in an easier qual group and should place in top three and therefore in final warmup group for SP. Weir and Savoie are going to have a tougher time of it. I'm not sure they have a great chance at final warmup group in SP. I'm really hoping for Weir.

eliza88

On the Ice
Call me cynical, but it is always a rare event when the qualifying groups have equal distribution! I thought at one time they were using a world ranking system--this could be used to seed the qualifying groups and equalize them...

eliza88

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
yelyoh said:
Weiss is in an easier qual group and should place in top three and therefore in final warmup group for SP. Weir and Savoie are going to have a tougher time of it. I'm not sure they have a great chance at final warmup group in SP. I'm really hoping for Weir.

I don't think any group with Plushy and Klimkin, two very likely medalists, can possibly be the easier qualifying group.
:sheesh: :confused:

Ximena

Final Flight
As far as I know they use their placement from last year worlds and well group B end up being sort of a hard group to be

Of course RG that having Plush and Ilia does not make an easy group but it's sort of make obvious that they don't have to face anyone else that are as good as them, so it's almost a sure bet that Plush and Ilia will make the last group at the SP, not that I complain of course since I'm a huge huge fan of both of them.

Group B is going to very hard considering how many good athletes are there that skate sort of equal in terms of difficulty. I guess the computer will play a major role here since the computer is the one picking the marks.