2014 Olympics Team Event Ladies Short Program

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Mao...no.....:no: Cute how Akiko supported Mao in KnC. I think Julia is so flexible and amazing, but she leaves me totally cold and her jumps are so petite - like her body. She could win the gold, but I still believe Yuna will beat her. At least I hope so. Russian skaters are definitely pushed by the audience though and there is no way the judges are going to ignore the audience.

rain

Record Breaker
Yikes, Lipnitskaya was so overscored here. It does not bode well for the women's individual competition. Don't get me wrong, she's got some great things going for her. I particularly adore her Gumby-like flexibility and consistency. But she is not there in the PCS department and she's getting marks as if she is. She is slow compared to the more mature ladies as she does not have the power. Her jumps, while rotates are teeny tiny and she should be getting dinged for it. She also skates like a wind-up doll. No connection to or sensitivity to the music at all. It's really unfortunate for the viewers that she's being sent the message by the judges that his doesn't matter.

I thought Osmond should have beaten Wagner. I also thought Asada was drastically overmarked with all of her problems. Carolina was gorgeous and should have placed first. Her strengths outweighed her weaknesses with that clean skate.

elif

Medalist
Mao's triple axel was badly underrotated, there is no question about that. But her practice is so good. All of them looked better than early season. Must be nerves.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I predicted Julia would win gold. The only two people who could beat her if she is clean are Yuna and Mao and they will have to be clean. I predict mistakes from both of them. Do I want her to win? No but she will.

artsciboy

On the Ice
I think the rankings were fair - but I do think Julia L. was way overscored on the PCS. The flailing of her arms alone took me out of any "mood" she was trying to establish. Was never an uber-Kostner fan, but she was magical.

Happy to see Ashley go out there and skate well - she should be proud of that skate. And yay Katelyn!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Yu Na is atleast as likely to skate cleanly as Julia. She is super consistent. And she could make 2 mistakes over the 2 programs and still beat a clean Julia. I agree Julia will win silver in the ladies event behind Yu Na Kim.

Anyway so much for the crazy idea of a certain infamous poster the best Russia could hope for is Julia to "maybe" beat Osmond by 1 or 2 spots in the short program, lol! As I said before today Russia has Team Gold in the bag already. The mens short locked it up.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
5 points between Russia and Canada, I think the team gold medal is already won. Even though I was totally impartial before this event, now I dream of a bronze medal for Japan. It will be very difficult, but Akiko and Machida can get high scores.

MiRĂ©

Match Penalty
Julia's obvious flutz was not called, and she was able to receive +1.4 GOE on that wobbly and wonky jump that no height or distance. RIDICULOUS

snsd

On the Ice
Kostner is all class. A Woman competing against girls.

Julia is still a junior lady.

mumboman

Rinkside
Julia's obvious flutz was not called, and she was able to receive +1.4 GOE on that wobbly and wonky jump that no height or distance. RIDICULOUS

2 Russian born callers on the tech panel, that might answer why

elif

Medalist
I disagree. I felt that the program construction, skating skills, interpretation and the quality of her jumps and steps should've put her ahead.

Yeah and she got excellent PCS for that. She is lucky to be not called underrotation for her second 3T.