Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Russian (Supposed) inflations and their Olympic consequences

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Russian (Supposed) inflations and their Olympic consequences

I know i'm a big fan of a bunch of Russian skaters, But i do want to get a focused debate going on this, Before the heavy competition starts:

-Did the Russian skaters benefit a bit too much in PCS?
    -Did the crowd influence the judges a bit too much?
    -Did the judges penalize a little less for Russian skaters who made borderline mistakes and so so executions ?
    -Have non Russian skaters who are threatening Russian ones been over scrutinized ?

Possible examples so far:
    -P\B of France having the biggest technical base mark of the night, But losing to B\S of Russia on PCS and GOE, a placing which cost France it's 5th place in the finals.
    -Plushenko having a good clean skate, with high 8's for PCS placing him over Chan of Canada with a flawed skate, Which wouldn't of happened with a couple less points for said PCS.
    -Osmond of Canada (Russia's main rival) going clean but finishing 5th with low 7's for PCS.
    -D\R of Canada getting high 7's for PCS for a very risky and inventive SP, while Russian mega favorites V\T getting high 9's.
    -Lipnitskaya of Russia getting + 1.40 for her Lutz combo, Which in every other competition this year got -1's because of it's takeoff, Thus finishing ahead of Clean Kostner.
    -Plushenko getting +GOE for his wonky triple axle.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladola View Post
    I know i'm a big fan of a bunch of Russian skaters, But i do want to get a focused debate going on this, Before the heavy competition starts:

-Did the judges penalize a little less for Russian skaters who made borderline mistakes and so so executions ?
    -Have non Russian skaters who are threatening Russian ones been over scrutinized ?

-P\B of France having the biggest technical base mark of the night, But losing to B\S of Russia on PCS and GOE, a placing which cost France it's 5th place in the finals.
    -Plushenko having a good clean skate, with high 8's for PCS placing him over Chan of Canada with a flawed skate, Which wouldn't of happened with a couple less points for said PCS.
    -Osmond of Canada (Russia's main rival) going clean but finishing 5th with low 7's for PCS.
    -D\R of Canada getting high 7's for PCS for a very risky and inventive SP, while Russian mega favorites V\T getting high 9's.
    -Lipnitskaya of Russia getting + 1.40 for her Lutz combo, Which in every other competition this year got -1's because of it's takeoff, Thus finishing ahead of Clean Kostner.
    boo hoo, Canada is robbed of the gold
    Russia is evil and dont deserve any medals

FYI, about your scrutinez joke
    Plushenko SP he only got didnt got all 8 in component yet still would have him enough to beat Chan's mess of a SP
    Carolina ha never beaten Julia in a SP this season, as clean skates continue the PCS will rise, that is a fact
    and lol, D/R innovation ? it has nothing to do with PCS !!!

also to remind you, D/R have terrible skating skills, atrocious form, Duhamel is build like a truck driver thus her lines in the air are ugly
    they deserve PCS in 6 and 7, thats a joke if you compare them to V/T

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post

Plushenko SP he only got didnt got all 8 in component yet still would have him enough to beat Chan's mess of a SP
    Carolina ha never beaten Julia in a SP this season, as clean skates continue the PCS will rise, that is a fact

also to remind you, D/R have terrible skating skills, atrocious form, Duhamel is build like a truck driver thus her lines in the air are ugly
    1) I'm rooting for team Russia to win
    2) I love all skaters, so i wanted to hear opinion about this
    3) Can complete Douches please ignore this thread and go hassle someone else ? (You're welcomed if you're just a half douche though)

Don't forget Julia got away with an obvious flutz

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    I didn't

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    Her flutz is not that bad.

But a flutz is a flutz. Flutz deserves -GOE not +1.4

pushing the boudaries in dance and in live

firstly, FYI no one speak there that Russians don't deserve medals or are devilish so chill (but I don't think it's possible in your case...)

secondly - why do you can say about "supremacy" Bobrova/Soloviev SD over Nathalie/Fabian SD? There is no way to noexistent lines and that "posture" of Ekaterina are better than sophistication and style of Frech SD and this is not only my point...Especially she is for me one kind of a mess - starting from her hairdo, make-up, style on ice and finish to her poor, poor lines, non-extended positions, arms, legs etc. and that "posture", but they are forcely pushed to that third place and this will be repeated in individual event probably...

Why? Because you have a kind of special mission in my opinion to prove everyone that Canadians are devils-born (in Scott Moir in the lead of course) and don't deserve not only any medals but even an attention to watch...But hey, it's you so no one here should be suprised, enjoy the ride and continue developing your skill

Rinkside
    I have been lurking around since discovering this sight about a year ago. Been a long time skating fan and the parent of a former world level synchronized skater on Canada's premier team. (some of you may recognize the name Nexxice if you follow synchro at all). I definitely do not have the technical expertise that some wonderful members here have and share with us all. It is appreciated and I've learned so much. Whats not appreciated is this type of immature post full of unnecessary vitriol aimed mainly at anyone and anything Canadian. I am Canadian but appreciate skaters from any country. While D&R are not my favourite nobody has the right to make disparaging remarks about someone's physical build. They have obviously worked very hard as all skaters that make it to the Olympics. I'm all for constructive mature criticism but these constant ridiculous comments are simply outrageous which I suspect this member enjoys.

they deserve PCS in 6 and 7, thats a joke if you compare them to V/T[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by CarolR View Post
    I have been lurking around since discovering this sight about a year ago. Been a long time skating fan and the parent of a former world level synchronized skater on Canada's premier team. (some of you may recognize the name Nexxice if you follow synchro at all). I definitely do not have the technical expertise that some wonderful members here have and share with us all. It is appreciated and I've learned so much. Whats not appreciated is this type of immature post full of unnecessary vitriol aimed mainly at anyone and anything Canadian. I am Canadian but appreciate skaters from any country. While D&R are not my favourite nobody has the right to make disparaging remarks about someone's physical build. They have obviously worked very hard as all skaters that make it to the Olympics. I'm all for constructive mature criticism but these constant ridiculous comments are simply outrageous which I suspect this member enjoys.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Carol. I haven't been at Golden Skate in a few years, prior to the Olympic run-up, and I'm saddened and surprised by the personal attacks on each other & the skaters. Not how it used to be.

And, yes, I know Nexxice & have some fb friends who skated on it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vegarin View Post
    But honestly, I do share these feelings now, after perusing all the threads and reading interviews and studying the protocols. I'm miffed, and not just because I'd rather see Yuna or Mao to win. I still can't believe Julia won over Carolina who's gone almost perfectly. Telling me that Julia is better than Carolina when I can tell you that just ain't true. That, to me, is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama View Post
    I haven't been at Golden Skate in a few years, prior to the Olympic run-up, and I'm saddened and surprised by the personal attacks on each other & the skaters.
    Nobody is attacking skaters. Only attacking the corrupt and obviously fixed judging. If Julia were receiving scores even in the ballpark of what she truly deserves (I'm sure nobody would quibble over a point or two) then I'd be one of the first ones to compliment her on what she does well. The problem is that her scores are not even subject to reality. They defy all explanation.

Then to uncover the cheating, all you have to do is look at the protocols, which many of us have been doing.

She does not deserve a single +2 on a jump. Never. Her 3Lz+3T received all +2 GOE from every judge. Some of the judges gave Yuna +2 at Worlds last year for same jump.
    Look at those two jumps side-by-side and unless someone is blind there's not just a difference, but a large degree of difference.

+2 on 2A from four judges, that even Julia fans would admit this is one of her biggest weaknesses she needs to work on (it's a horrible jump).

+2 on many other jumps.

Russian judge gave her Level 4 +3 perfect score for her final spin that had a serious error (traveled to the moon).

Components scores way overscored. She's consistently had one score earlier in the year, and then in the last 2 months she's all of a sudden almost 10 points higher.
    Her SS are weak. Her IN is weak. Transitions are good. Otherwise she's overscored by 1-2 points in every single category.

On the Ice

"D is built like a truck driver...."
    WTH? That is such a mean and untrue statement. I agree w/ eladola

"Carolina ha never beaten Julia in a SP this season"
    and this is exactly what were arguing over: carolina deserves more than julia but is getting less. Your argument is like saying "Well, Julia is overscored, so we have to continue overscoring fer."

Custom Title

I don't know about the others because I didn't watch their skating much before the Olympics to say anything, but for Julia her flutz is always bordeline. Sometimes it is called harshly, sometimes it is not. Regardless, if it had been called, just like at Europeans the combination was fully rotated and had fairly good flow out so she would have received what she received there which would have still kept her in first place. In the short program at Europeans the combination wasn't quite as good as in the freeskate and with the edge edge call she went from what would have been a range of 1's and 2's to a range of -1's and 0's. Rewarded for the good aspects while penalized for the bad. Final GOE -0.20. In the freeskate the combination was better, but the edge call took her from a range of 1's, 2's and 3's to -1's, 0's and 1's. Final GOE 0.00.

I have not seen a HD video yet which shows the jump from the proper angle to determine whether she was on an outside edge, flat of the blade or had changed to an inside edge at the moment of take-off. Anyway, removing the GOE, she would have still been in 1st place. By nearly a point.

On the Ice

Yes! I completely agree with this. I'm kind of annoyed at how everyone is kind of letting the overscoring slide.

LOL. Plushenko's been getting funny PCS for years at this point. By "all 8s," I assume that you mean that his total averaged PCS score? I suggest you look at all of the judges' scores for PCS: they range from 6s to 9s. But this isn't a new phenomenon, like I said, it's been happening for years. I think judges just don't know how to give him PCS, period.

So I don't necessarily think that Plushenko's scores are "reflective" of a judging scandal. It's more like a "Plushenko-is-a-legend-but-he's-not-in-the-form-he-used-to-be-in" inflation.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast