Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Russian (Supposed) inflations and their Olympic consequences

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8in View Post
    Even Polina Edmunds had a more mature looking program than Adelina. Either count the component score or take it out of the system.
    you need laser surgery

but why bother replying to a bot account

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSkater View Post
    But Adelina DID skate better here than all season.
    She made errors in the Grand Prix events & GPF & even at the Europeans.
    It happens. It's not such an "Out there" thing to do your best at the Olympics.
    But people just want to rip her win apart.
    Adelina had a great FS at Bompard, Her score allowed her to be competitive with The likes of Wagner
    That's 3 months ago.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    you need laser surgery

but why bother replying to a bot account
    I wonder if between your 6000 posts you ever tire of writing the same comment ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladola View Post
    Adelina had a great FS at Bompard, Her score allowed her to be competitive with The likes of Wagner
    That's 3 months ago.
    exactly 3 months ago
    so why compared

Custom Title
    exactly 3 months ago
    so why compared
    You MUST be kidding

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladola View Post
    You MUST be kidding
    skaters PCS rise on building momentum throughout the season
    that is a fact

Custom Title
    skaters PCS rise on building momentum throughout the season
    that is a fact
    Where did she build 15-20 points worth of reputation in 3 months ? the GPF maybe ?

I'd love anyone to find another example of this kind of inflation in that kind of time between 2 good programs
    (I\K not a good example )

Rinkside
    Hello, I joined recently out of frustration from the short program. (Russia's inflation + Mao's performance = )

I told all my friends after the SP judging that Adelina would win gold EVEN if both Carolina and Yuna skated clean. No one believed me, but I sensed a storm brewing when I looked at the score sheet. I'm sure some of you did, too. Lo and behold, we have Russian gold.

For me, what made the inflation glaringly obvious (besides the ridiculous PCS of the Russians during the short program) was after comparing Adelina's FS scores with not only Yuna's, but with Carolina's and Mao's. How did she trump all top three skaters' clean performances in the categories they're most famous for. Adelina beat Carolina in component scores? Really? She even received higher marks overall for her jumps than Mao. (Oh, and I found it hilarious that Yulia reached the elusive 200 mark with two falls. Ha.)

Here are two articles I believe sum up everything about the Yuna vs. Adelina controversy thus far.

Inflation/Deflation:
    http://www.thewire.com/culture/2014/...rigged/358344/

Home-cooking:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...a-kim/5680717/

When someone asks you to prove evidence of inflation and home-cooking, these two articles explain it pretty well even for casual fans.

Custom Title
    Well, what do you guys think of Hanyu's FS (with 1 fall) PCS rise from 81+ at TEB to 92+ at GPF to beat Patrick Chan, with less than 3 weeks between BOTH competitions, hmm? Where's the hue and cry? Where are the petitions to ISU?

Waiting for an answer!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyskates View Post
    Well, what do you guys think of Hanyu's FS (with 1 fall) PCS rise from 81+ at TEB to 92+ at GPF to beat Patrick Chan, with less than 3 weeks between BOTH competitions, hmm? Where's the hue and cry? Where are the petitions to ISU?

Waiting for an answer!
    Here's my reply: I don't agree with either Sotnikova's or Hanyu's PCS boost.

On the Ice
    Yuzuru got 92.38 pcs at the grand prix final so this isn't the first time he gets 92+ and you can't say that the japanese skaters were overscored there just because the event was held in Japan given that Mao got 68.79 pcs, wich is obviously tooooooo low
    I also want to say that Patrick Chan is also often overscored in the pcs (with falls and mistakes on the jumps) and even if Yuzuru have had -4 points in the pcs he would have won due to his higher TES and quality of jumps

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyCurry View Post
    Here's my reply: I don't agree with either Sotnikova's or Hanyu's PCS boost.
    If they force a review of Sot's PCS, then Canadians will start questioning Hanyu's GPF and by default, his Sochi PCS, and who knows which other young skaters' newly spiked +7 and over PCS?

If Hanyu's PCS at GPF didn't suddenly shoot up by +14, Chan would have been GPF Gold medalist. If Hanyu's FS PCS had remained at TEB 81 (and earlier in Oct at 76 in SC), instead of 92 at Sochi, then Chan would be OGM today.

I'm sure Canadians will be too happy to open this can of worms and grabbing the gold back!

They do this because that's the only way a younger skater can beat an older, reputed skater. Without equalizing Hanyu's and Chan's PCS, Hanyu's more difficult program and higher BV can NEVER play catch-up with this 20+ PCS gap.

Custom Title
    Interesting Youtube video about Sotnikova's RIDICULOUS SCORE.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5cVW0h6U3D4

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyskates View Post

Waiting for an answer!
    1. Yuzuru skated pretty badly in the TEB FS, with errors on both quads, as opposed to the GPF. Adelina skated well at both Europeans and Olympics

2. You seem to be forgetting that in the Men's competition PCS are multiplied by a factor of 2, while in ladies they are multiplied by 1.6, so it doesn't make sense to compare increases directly like you are doing here.

3. Please stop spamming every thread with the same message. I swear I saw this in at least 6-7 different threads today.

ETA: At the GPF, the gap in PCS between Patrick and Yuzuru was 3 points (with both of them relatively clean). In Sochi, the PCS gap between Yuna and Adelina was 0.09 points.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yuki View Post
    1. Yuzuru skated pretty badly in the TEB FS, with errors on both quads, as opposed to the GPF. Adelina skated well at both Europeans and Olympics

2. You seem to be forgetting that in the Men's competition PCS are multiplied by a factor of 2, while in ladies they are multiplied by 1.6, so it doesn't make sense to compare increases directly like you are doing here.

3. Please stop spamming every thread with the same message. I swear I saw this in at least 6-7 different threads today.

ETA: At the GPF, the gap in PCS between Patrick and Yuzuru was 3 points (with both of them relatively clean). In Sochi, the PCS gap between Yuna and Adelina was 0.09 points.
    Pot, kettle?? You have been spamming the entire GS board with hundreds of posts, videos, etc. to drive YOUR agenda. You repeated this " Interesting Youtube video about Sotnikova's RIDICULOUS SCORE.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5cVW0h6U3D4" on EVERY thread there is out there about Sochi. You need to look into a mirror.

However, it is worth repeating because you just pretend you don't get it.

You proved my point - BOTH PCS of Chan-Hanyu and Kim-Sotnikova were MADE to be extremely close, so the gap is 3 and 0.9, Hanyu +15, Sotnikova +7, to the point where the veterans could be overcome by the younger skaters TES and more difficult programs!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast