Russian (Supposed) inflations and their Olympic consequences | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Russian (Supposed) inflations and their Olympic consequences

jaked

Spectator
Salt Lake City

Gold for Hughes??? 5,6 for Slutskaya's artistry))) Scandalous second gold for Canadians...

Vancouver

Scandalous scores for Chan, Dube/Davidson, bronze for Rochette... Gold for safe Evan with no quad?

It happens every time.

What you guys are saying is double standards. You're ok with winnings of those who are immature, young but North Americans (Lipinski, Hughes, Gold) or mature but not good enough in TES as long as they're North Americans (Evan, Rochette...).

Yes. This post is 100% right.

Juliasochi

Match Penalty
Yes Russians without the aid of doping or bribery among judges tend to be quite ineffective dont they. There was no Yuri Balkov, Alla Shekhovtseva, or Victor Conte to save them from their inability to solve the terrific Finnish goaltending and defense. They had to do it all on their own merit, an unusual position for a Russian athlete, and one they typically struggle with.
They do extremely well in those judged events, syn. swimming, rhy. gymnastics which nobody really cares. FS is getting more and more obscure except the scandals. Meaningless metals... I probably watched one hour in total. I knew it would be fixed beforehand.

The crazy thing is those judges from East European countries and Soviet Union. They suffered so much under communist Russia but still feel indebted to Russia, culturally to prop up Russian athletes. Well typical Stockholm syndrome, I guess.

observe

Rinkside
What I'm afraid of is the trend of super hyper inflation will continue for other host, So Yon Park and Hajin might be podium contender in 2018.

:laugh: I think Korean officials are too timid to try that, and they care too much about how other countries think about them, unlike Russia.

Panini

On the Ice
:laugh: I think Korean officials are too timid to try that, and they care too much about how other countries think about them, unlike Russia.

Did you watch the 2002 Italy-Korea game in the world cup they hosted? They are definitely not above fixing matches.

jaked

Spectator
So much butthurt in this thread by Russia haters. Glad that no one is paying attention.

Well deserved gold for Sotnikova.

Panini

On the Ice
If you said so against Spain, I agree. Not for Italy.

There were a lot of questionable games at that world cup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPd8YmFcvtQ

BUT the good news is that despite fan/footballer/ex-footballer outrage, neither FIFA, football nor the South Korean team really suffered for it :yay: So as long as the US media doesn't hop on the scrutiny bandwagon, this whole scandal will die down eventually.

cooper

Medalist
There were a lot of questionable games at that world cup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPd8YmFcvtQ

BUT the good news is that despite fan/footballer/ex-footballer outrage, neither FIFA, football nor the South Korean team really suffered for it :yay: So as long as the US media doesn't hop on the scrutiny bandwagon, this whole scandal will die down eventually.

oh yes.. they don't really care.. but watch out in the future.. if the ISU judges throw an american skater on the bus.. there will be a lot of unfair judging comments..

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Let nor forget V & T individual free skate where she OBVIOUSLY puts her hand down on the second throw and gets POSITIVE GOE!!! ***

yuki90

On the Ice
YuNa
3Lz+3T 10.10
3F 5.30
2A 3.63 x

3Lz+3T 10.10
3F 5.30
3S+2T 5.50
3Lz 6.60 
2A+2T+2Lo 7.04 
3S 4.62 x
2A 3.63 x 
Total 61.84

Sotnikova
3T+3T 8.20 
3F 5.30
2A 3.63 x

3Lz+3T 10.10 (Wrong edge. should get -GOE -1~-2 but Judges gave +GOE.)
3F 5.30
3Lo 5.10 
2A+3T 8.14 x
3F+2T+2Lo 9.24 x 
3S 4.62 x 
2A 3.63 x
Total 63.26 

the difference is only 1.42 point.
Their PCS is almost same in both SP and FP.
YuNa's step sequence got level 3 in SP and FP and Adelina got level 4 and 1.7 GOE.
This is fixed from the beginnig.YuNa was robbed of gold medal.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
And lets not forget Adelina has never in any comp this season got a level 4 for the same steps she does her!!

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
VT will win if they don't make major mistakes. What's wrong with that? BS or IK will get the bronze if they are 100% clean. Julia and Adelina will medal if they're clean, can win if Mao and Yu-Na make mistakes.

What's wrong with that?

Haha oh the irony in this post just made my day. I just sprayed orange juice through my nose.

Dots

Final Flight
Salt Lake City

Gold for Hughes??? 5,6 for Slutskaya's artistry))) Scandalous second gold for Canadians...

Vancouver

Scandalous scores for Chan, Dube/Davidson, bronze for Rochette... Gold for safe Evan with no quad?

It happens every time.

What you guys are saying is double standards. You're ok with winnings of those who are immature, young but North Americans (Lipinski, Hughes, Gold) or mature but not good enough in TES as long as they're North Americans (Evan, Rochette...).

All the underrotations and falls will not be counted for Russians and will be for others. Face it! Nobody's going to rob those who truly deserve it. If they don't fall. Men: Hanyu or Chan, Women: Mao or Yu-Na. Pairs: VT or SS. Ice dance: VM or DW.

VT will win if they don't make major mistakes. What's wrong with that? BS or IK will get the bronze if they are 100% clean. Julia and Adelina will medal if they're clean, can win if Mao and Yu-Na make mistakes.

What's wrong with that?

Don't even get me started with Rochette's over-inflated scores in Vancouver. Mirai was the clear bronze winner that night but the judges were not going to allow an American to beat Rochette.

80sskatergirl

Rinkside
Don't even get me started with Rochette's over-inflated scores in Vancouver. Mirai was the clear bronze winner that night but the judges were not going to allow an American to beat Rochette.

EXACTLY. Rochette got the sympathetic vote due to the passing of her mother. It was incredible that Rochette could even skate with that on her shoulders, but still Marai CLEARLY outskated her that night and more than enough to get the bronze. It just made a better story/happy ending to give it to Rochette.

vtgal

Rinkside
What I'm afraid of is the trend of super hyper inflation will continue for other host, So Yon Park and Hajin might be podium contender in 2018.
Don't worry - this inflated judging, while not unique to this particular competition, is primarily restricted to certain well-known, powerful skating federations such as, ahem, the host country of this Olympics, who are fixated on getting gold for their skaters no matter what. The South Korean figure skating federation is not powerful. Don't think you need to worry about the South Korean skaters in 2018. Could it happen in future competitions outside Russia? Possibly. But probably not at Worlds in Japan next month. After all, the objective was achieved -- Gold in team, Gold in Ladies. (Please note that I am not anti-Russian skaters. Pairs Gold was certainly deserved. Ladies bronze would have been appropriate as well, behind Kim & Kostner.)