Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Russian (Supposed) inflations and their Olympic consequences

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by chiocciola View Post
    Salt Lake City

Gold for Hughes??? 5,6 for Slutskaya's artistry))) Scandalous second gold for Canadians...

Vancouver

Scandalous scores for Chan, Dube/Davidson, bronze for Rochette... Gold for safe Evan with no quad?

It happens every time.

What you guys are saying is double standards. You're ok with winnings of those who are immature, young but North Americans (Lipinski, Hughes, Gold) or mature but not good enough in TES as long as they're North Americans (Evan, Rochette...).
    Yes. This post is 100% right.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Yes Russians without the aid of doping or bribery among judges tend to be quite ineffective dont they. There was no Yuri Balkov, Alla Shekhovtseva, or Victor Conte to save them from their inability to solve the terrific Finnish goaltending and defense. They had to do it all on their own merit, an unusual position for a Russian athlete, and one they typically struggle with.
    They do extremely well in those judged events, syn. swimming, rhy. gymnastics which nobody really cares. FS is getting more and more obscure except the scandals. Meaningless metals... I probably watched one hour in total. I knew it would be fixed beforehand.

The crazy thing is those judges from East European countries and Soviet Union. They suffered so much under communist Russia but still feel indebted to Russia, culturally to prop up Russian athletes. Well typical Stockholm syndrome, I guess.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jaked View Post
    Yes. This post is 100% right.
    If Vancouver has the same level of inflation Joannie and Chan will be gold contender not bronze or podium respectively.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    What I'm afraid of is the trend of super hyper inflation will continue for other host, So Yon Park and Hajin might be podium contender in 2018.
    I think Korean officials are too timid to try that, and they care too much about how other countries think about them, unlike Russia.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by observe View Post
    I think Korean officials are too timid to try that, and they care too much about how other countries think about them, unlike Russia.
    Did you watch the 2002 Italy-Korea game in the world cup they hosted? They are definitely not above fixing matches.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    If Vancouver has the same level of inflation Joannie and Chan will be gold contender not bronze or podium respectively.
    They were gold contenders. Chan always falls on his ***; not much to be done.

Rinkside
    So much butthurt in this thread by Russia haters. Glad that no one is paying attention.

Well deserved gold for Sotnikova.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Panini View Post
    Did you watch the 2002 Italy-Korea game in the world cup they hosted? They are definitely not above fixing matches.
    If you said so against Spain, I agree. Not for Italy.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by NineTails View Post
    If you said so against Spain, I agree. Not for Italy.
    There were a lot of questionable games at that world cup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPd8YmFcvtQ

BUT the good news is that despite fan/footballer/ex-footballer outrage, neither FIFA, football nor the South Korean team really suffered for it So as long as the US media doesn't hop on the scrutiny bandwagon, this whole scandal will die down eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Panini View Post
    There were a lot of questionable games at that world cup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPd8YmFcvtQ

BUT the good news is that despite fan/footballer/ex-footballer outrage, neither FIFA, football nor the South Korean team really suffered for it So as long as the US media doesn't hop on the scrutiny bandwagon, this whole scandal will die down eventually.
    oh yes.. they don't really care.. but watch out in the future.. if the ISU judges throw an american skater on the bus.. there will be a lot of unfair judging comments..

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    oh yes.. they don't really care.. but watch out in the future.. if the ISU judges throw an american skater on the bus.. there will be a lot of unfair judging comments..
    Yep.

Let nor forget V & T individual free skate where she OBVIOUSLY puts her hand down on the second throw and gets POSITIVE GOE!!! ***

Custom Title
    YuNa
    3Lz+3T 10.10
    3F 5.30
    2A 3.63 x

3Lz+3T 10.10
    3F 5.30
    3S+2T 5.50
    3Lz 6.60 
    2A+2T+2Lo 7.04 
    3S 4.62 x
    2A 3.63 x 
    Total 61.84

Sotnikova
    3T+3T 8.20 
    3F 5.30
    2A 3.63 x

3Lz+3T 10.10 (Wrong edge. should get -GOE -1~-2 but Judges gave +GOE.)
    3F 5.30
    3Lo 5.10 
    2A+3T 8.14 x
    3F+2T+2Lo 9.24 x 
    3S 4.62 x 
    2A 3.63 x
    Total 63.26 

the difference is only 1.42 point.
    Their PCS is almost same in both SP and FP.
    YuNa's step sequence got level 3 in SP and FP and Adelina got level 4 and 1.7 GOE.
    This is fixed from the beginnig.YuNa was robbed of gold medal.

And lets not forget Adelina has never in any comp this season got a level 4 for the same steps she does her!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliasochi View Post
    Well they did get killed in hockey where it is hard to fudge points...
    That just has me waving my big gay rainbow flag every time I think about it.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast