Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2014 Olympics Team Event Pairs Free Skate

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    They lost to both chinese teams with bad skates. I'm not fan of Stolbova/Kimov but they are skatng better and better after grand prixs. Not every team can beat Volosozhar/Trankov, even with couple of mistakes from V/T.
    S/K beat V/T in the free skate at Euros because they were massively overscored. This just continues to prove my point-in no circumstance should S/K get higher scores than V/T, and instance of this happening shows the unfair overscoring of S/K.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbob View Post
    S/K beat V/T in the free skate at Euros because they were massively overscored. This just continues to prove my point-in no circumstance should S/K get higher scores than V/T, and instance of this happening shows the unfair overscoring of S/K.
    Looks like clean program with full of transitions are not important anymore.

On the Ice
    S/K do not have good transitions at all.

Banned
    I agree with the fact that V/T, S/S, and P/T are clearly better than D/R and M-T/M. I never said D/R deserved to be first, V/T did. But outside of this tier of top 3 (V/T, S/S, P/T), I believe D/R and M-T/M are the best. P/Z, B/H, and S/K are not better than D/R, M-T/M. P/Z have strong elements and skating skills but their interpretation and choreography are somewhat lacking. B/H have junior-ish skating skills and very simple choreography/transitions and S/K just don't have the overall package and impression.
    and MT/M and D/R have ?

lets take D/R:

height difference that makes her look very small ( a mismatched pair )
    Duhamel is build like a truck driver thus her lines suffer, their lifts are one of the ugliest in Pairs
    average skating skills, she skates like a stiffboard and he is too robotic

MT/M , I will give she has nice fake smile
    but tahts i, nothing of their elements is wow either
    they are like a better Denney/Coughlin

at least Berton/Hotarek have good chemistry that is why they are getting rewarded
    S/K ice patterns they mke is probably the only one and their skating skills are better than D/R or MT/M

Banned
    S/K do not have good transitions at all.
    and what do you call D/R and MT/M transitions then ?
    get over it. not everything is standard in Canada

Banned
    No. because V/T made 2 huge mistakes in the LP that is why S/K won
    also this also shatters your nation that V/T are overscored

On the Ice
    But whats your explanation of the massive change between their relative component scores?

At skate america MT/M were getting about 2.5/5 (sp/fs) more pcs than S/K for skating similar programs (mistakes wise)
    at cup of russia MT/M got 2 pts more pcs in short and 1 pt more in long even though their fs had several mistakes and s/k were clean
    now S/K are getting 4 more points than MT/M for still skating similar programs (mistakes wise)
    the programs havent changed, and neither have the elements
    what is the exlanation for this change

Have S/K really improved that much or are the judges just being biased?

And I am not Canadian-I live in California.

But whats your explanation of the massive change between their relative component scores?

At skate america MT/M were getting about 2.5/5 (sp/fs) more pcs than S/K for skating similar programs (mistakes wise)
    at cup of russia MT/M got 2 pts more pcs in short and 1 pt more in long even though their fs had several mistakes and s/k were clean
    now S/K are getting 4 more points than MT/M for still skating similar programs (mistakes wise)
    the programs havent changed, and neither have the elements
    what is the exlanation for this change

Have S/K really improved that much or are the judges just being biased?

You realize that PCS increase with reputation, right? And that S/K were competiting from the second group at that competition which would hurt PCS. Also they hadn't been to worlds yet where ha Mt/M were fourth last year in the worlds?

However they did have a good skate which hit in the judges mind. They also won Russian nationals which makes them no longer Russia's no 4 team. And the skated stellarly at Euros. They tend to whole down the PCS of the fourth/third ranked Russian. But S/K as now Russia's no 2 was going to get a new look.

On the Ice
    Exactly, because the judges want Russia's second team to get a medal. Thus, they will overscore them in PCS. Previously the judges were thinking of using B/L or K/S as Russia's second medal but after the recent events they are now starting to overscore S/K because they are Russia's best hope for a second medal. This is absolutely ridiculous!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I am SO pleased for Stolbova/Klimov and their ascendency this season. Their performance here was a real treat, the kind of pairs skating we need to see more of. None of the elements felt unnecessary or labored, it all worked with the program and flowed. They can improve on the quality of some of the elements, sure, and I do think they were actually overscored, but it was still a deserved victory and a performance I will gladly revisit in the future.

The Canadians were great too, just a little less in sync and attuned to the music.

Banned
    I fail to understand all the griping of the PCS of S&K. Their free program is innovative, charming, uses the music wonderfully, uses the whole ice surface, and they are fully commited to it. Their skating skills are quite strong, not at V&T's level, but as good or better as most of the other top 8 pairs. Not to mention they actually continue to skate it cleanly and with attack and confidence, rather than use their behinds as a mop at some point(s) in the program unlike many of their competitors, which surprise the judges actually like.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I fail to understand all the griping of the PCS of S&K. Their free program is innovative, charming, uses the music wonderfully, uses the whole ice surface, and they are fully commited to it. Their skating skills are quite strong, not at V&T's level, but as good or better as most of the other top 8 pairs. Not to mention they actually continue to skate it cleanly and with attack and confidence, rather than use their behinds as a mop at some point(s) in the program unlike many of their competitors, which surprise the judges actually like.
    So you're okay with them scoring higher SS than P/T?

S/K definitely deserved to with the silver, and the gap between them and V/T should have been much smaller. I thought V/T were tentative and had to fight through elements whereas S/K had great speed and flow on their throws and SBS jumps, and IMO had better interpretation than V/T.

V/T skated really well, but it's another Totmianina/Marinin OGM for me. Just kind of "meh", although V/T performs their elements far more spectacularly than T/M.

Banned
    Yes S&K with a lovely and clean performance didnt deserve to beat V&T in the LP phase with 3 falls. Wow and I thought V&T were the favorite Russians to bash, i guess they are fast losing that title.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4