What do you think of a match up with Bourne & Tchernichev to go professionals??? | Golden Skate

What do you think of a match up with Bourne & Tchernichev to go professionals???

chania36

On the Ice
What do you think of a match up with Bourne & Tchernichev to go professionals???

Hi, this is just a wild dream and comment. what do you think of forming and dance couple of Shae Lynn Bourne and Peter Tchernichev to dance professionally since they both lost their partners who went separate ways??

I think personaly, that they would make a good couple, he is very very nice looking and very good skater and Shae lynn is very very good looking too and very good ice dancer. So I would see them continue on their career has professionals together.

Din't Usova and Platov did?? And they had success!! For a while at least, I think that Usova was getting a bit old to be still full blast ice dancing.

So let me know of what you are thinking of my match, I'm I getting crazy or what or does somebody else though about that, I find it a shame that those two wonderful ice dancers would not ice dance anymore, yes we will see Shae lynn at the Canadian SOI Tour so I will see what she does alone but her love is ice dancing, so Tchernichev and her, why not??

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I believe we discussed this a while back...

personally I am neutral on the idea...

miffy_1306

Rinkside
It sounds ok to me - while i don't think their styles match as well as Peter & Naomi's do, they are both great looking & talented, & it would be so awful if we couldn't see Peter skate again....:cry:

Any way i can see Peter is fine by me!!:love:

chania36

On the Ice
Hi again, I am sorry but I did not know that you had discussed this matter here in this forum on Bourne and Tchernichev. Because I come here very often and never seen it, maybe you discussed something in general, not since the both couple's break up.

sk8m8

Final Flight
How about Peter and another Naomi????

Ms. NNN, now having had less than the success that she wanted as a singles skater with career threatening injuries from jumping; would she be willing to take that beautiful line and those gorgeous edges and team with Peter?

At least we could still refer to them as "Naomi and Peter"
;)

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
ugh...I don't think I like that Idea. Actually I hate that idea.

Sk8m8...there can never be another Peter and Naomi :(

soogar

Record Breaker
I don't think that NNN and Peter match up b/c NNN is only 5'1 and I think Peter is at least 5'9. Maybe NNN might fit with Victor Kraatz, he's only 5'7. I'm really surprised though that NNN is still in the sport. I hope she can pull a Todd Eldredge and come back , but he had only been down for 2 years and was still participating in Nationals for those years. She's pretty much in oblivion which is really sad b/c in her last nationals, even though she didn't place well, the commentators noted how dramatically she improved her speed and flow across the ice. She was a really special talent but I wonder how long will her parents fund her skating before pulling the plug? I don't think she has a lot of money making opportunities anymore.

sk8m8

Final Flight
Actually, Braves Fan, my badly presented attempt at humor is that wouldn't it be great if NNN could use ALL THAT TALENT towards dance where there is lots of room for movement within the american ranks. I also think that may go for a lot of the ladies that aren't making it singles skating. I've always loved Namomi's qualities on the ice.

As for a pairing for Peter, I think there are lots of talented parters from whom he could choose. I personally think he should try a lot of "audition" skate periods to see if he and another partner can gel. Pasha G. springs to mind, both are exciting skaters, but I don't even know if she is skating anymore. As has been discussed before, maybe Maria A is hanging out waiting for a call:p

Lcp88

On the Ice
Anyway I could see both is fine with me :).
Peters 6'2'' by the way, so he does really need a taller girl....
Laura

shine

Record Breaker
NOOOo please. Peter deserves much better after all the crap he's been through.

soogar

Record Breaker
Honestly, if Pasha is skating well, I think she would eat Peter for breakfast. I don't think that Peter is a good enough partner for Pasha, but who knows, maybe her skating declined after the baby and being away from skating for so long.