Men's Q B - Notes & Results | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's Q B - Notes & Results

lavender

Record Breaker
dfj said:
Well, I'm a huge Plushenko fan and I think he'll take his 3rd world championship this week. That said, if Emanuel can just hold it together for TWO MORE SKATES, he has the silver medal.

Sandhu v. Joubert? No contest - Eman wins, hands down. He's fabulous. Better elements all the way around.

Well count me in as a fan of Eman. I'm hoping he's on that podium and I'm glad that the judges see his quality being better than Joubert.

I'm also becoming a Plushenko fan...again. I was a fan of his skating until Mishin kind of made him into a Urmanov clone (just my opinion). I knew the kid had tons of talent and I thought he would be my favorite over Yagudin but that change. Now I'm slowly starting to like his skating again.

My hopes are Plushenko and Sandhu. I don't care about third since Jeff, Tim and Honda aren't there.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Rosaleen thanks so much.

Go Sandhu!!!! Canadian man on the rising....

ETA,
Go Jonny and Mat Savoire!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

On the Ice
I'm getting a little tired of the Plushenko bashing, too, from Weir and Joubert (though more so from the former, omg :rolleye: ). I am a Baboo fan and I think he would just do well to keep whatever he thinks about the competition to himself. He's too nice for that, lol.

I would have nothing wrong with Plushenko winning a third title, which is probably what will happen (it would be a nice gift to all those naysayers who wrote him off. I just hope HE doesn't get to cocky. We all know he's an amazing jumper, but he needs to skate smart and do what he has to do.

Good job, Eman, how I would love for you to be on the podium!

VDP has his 3a back! Just stay on your feet and you just may make that final group (god, that would make me sooo happy)

juleswitz

Spectator
Great reports Rosaleen!

Hmm...I don't really see Brian as having a big ego. In previous interviews he acknowledged other good skaters out there, even including the Chinese men. And during Europeans when Peter Carruthers interviewed him he said Evgeny was a good skater and that he never thought he could beat Evgeny, and Evgeny said that Brian was a good skater. Both of them (from what I've read/heard about) have good sportsmanship but also the right amount of confidence needed for a skater to be successful at their level. I like them both and hope they kick arse in their short programs! :D

curious

Final Flight
Matt said:
I'm getting a little tired of the Plushenko bashing, too, from Weir and Joubert (though more so from the former, omg :rolleye: ). I am a Baboo fan and I think he would just do well to keep whatever he thinks about the competition to himself. He's too nice for that, lol.

I would have nothing wrong with Plushenko winning a third title, which is probably what will happen (it would be a nice gift to all those naysayers who wrote him off. I just hope HE doesn't get to cocky. We all know he's an amazing jumper, but he needs to skate smart and do what he has to do.

Good job, Eman, how I would love for you to be on the podium!

VDP has his 3a back! Just stay on your feet and you just may make that final group (god, that would make me sooo happy)

Brian has to stop repeating yags garbage is not going to help him win. Yags obsession with plush is pathetic. :D

From my perspective, the placings could have gone either way. Sandhu was fine as was Joubert. As far as Plushenko is concerned, I really liked his performance this time out. If the three skate as well as they did in Qualies, it will be a nail biter. If anz have a meltdown, watch out for Stephane. The Quads will come in for the SP and it ain't over till it's over with the LP.

For Sandhu fans. He has made a statement and I believe he will be a gold medal contender in the future.

Joe

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think Plush is still numero uno but the others are closing in. I prefer Sandhu to Joubert skatingwise but I think it's a matter of taste and for me ES tastes a bit better.

So what up with those US men? Really never thought any of them would medal this year. Johnny ascending. Mike descending.
Matt the skating wounded. Did hope for a top-two aggregate 13 but that looks doubtful so now hoping for a Johnny top ten.

Thanks for the mini reports, Joe, you Worlds gadabout you.

lavender

Record Breaker
If Sandhu, Joubert and Plushenko skate up to their potential orlike the qual round Plushenko would have no problem leaving them in the dust. It wouldn't be close at all. It will only be close for silver place. Just look at the scoring.

shine

Record Breaker
What scoring? I don't think others would be challenging Plushenko for first place if he skates all out. But coming close is not that out of reality.