More results sources... | Golden Skate

More results sources...

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I found a web link on another board to www.figureskatingreports.com. It costs $10 to sign up (which I did yesterday), and you get at least 9 e-mail reports immediately following the conclusion of each event. I've recieved two reports today for the Men's QB and Men's QA. To me anyway, it's already been worth the $10. The report includes a summary of each skater's performance similar to what Rosaleen is providing - just another person's point of view.

Just wanted to mention it here in case anyone is interested in checking it out. Of course Goldenskate is my PRIMARY source of information but I can't help trolling all over the place for more info and opinions. :)

DG

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
More Info

I'm with you Doggygirl, can we get too much information. Another source I found is at the AYDG board. They have posted lots of articles, ranks and placements. I think it's a very good spot. Here is the address:

AYDG Discussion Board

Dee

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
More video ...

Thanks for the link Dee! I swear I'm getting nothing done work wise this week and have become a total and complete on-line junkie.

Last night my husband downloaded the video of the top 4 in pairs. We were able to burn them onto a DVD and watch it on the giant screen. Of course the video quality is a little choppy but it was so cool to see some action! There are three other ones available now (3 of the top 4 have been turned off for availability) I hope DH gets home in time to grab them as it appears they are only available for a certain amount of time.

http://www.somebodyelseslife.com/figureskating/

Happy hunting!

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Finally got Eurosport audio!!!

Talk about spoiled! I tried all day yesterday to get it to work and it wouldn't. Turns out there was a conflict with my work VPN. Once I logged off the VPN, voila!!

Anyone else listening to the broadcast? Might have to get up in the middle of the night to hear the play by play with the ladies....

I still can't believe how limited we are in the US with the puny TV coverage. Hope I'm not making everyone barf with my enthusiasm!

DG

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Re: More video ...

Doggygirl said:
I hope DH gets home in time to grab them as it appears they are only available for a certain amount of time.
Just wondered if DH stands for Doggy Husband???:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
LOL Dee....

Dear Husband
Doggy Husband
Dog House
Dang Husband (well, on rare occassions a little stronger)

Not too often on the last two though. :) I'm pretty lucky.

DG

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Re: Finally got Eurosport audio!!!

Doggygirl said:
Talk about spoiled! I tried all day yesterday to get it to work and it wouldn't. Turns out there was a conflict with my work VPN. Once I logged off the VPN, voila!!

Anyone else listening to the broadcast? Might have to get up in the middle of the night to hear the play by play with the ladies....

I still can't believe how limited we are in the US with the puny TV coverage. Hope I'm not making everyone barf with my enthusiasm!

DG
So DoggyGirl, how are you doing this?? I would be interested in knowing.

Dee

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Here's the link I'm using...

I'm not real technical but DH (and it's Dear Husband right now LOL with all the FS support he's giving me!) is. So if this doesn't work and you have specific questions, I can ask him and report back suggestions.

http://realserver.tf1.ext.imaginet.fr:8080/ramgen/eurosport/live/audio_24/live_com.smi

There is more information about access on www.fsuniverse.com in the World Championship section under a "sticky" for links.

Hope you can get it! Johnny will be up soon!

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Live video feed...

If you have a really fast internet connection, you may want to try this. I have a cable modem, but the traffic locally is huge and also has to go through a series of servers and fire walls to get to me. So it comes through more like a series of still pictures. BUT...some people are able to hook to this successfully and see the real deal.

www.fastweb.it/streaming/raisport.asx

To give credit where credit is due, I found this through the www.fsuniverse.net site.

DG

rpiche

Rinkside
Re: Live video feed...

Doggygirl said:
If you have a really fast internet connection, you may want to try this. I have a cable modem, but the traffic locally is huge and also has to go through a series of servers and fire walls to get to me. So it comes through more like a series of still pictures. BUT...some people are able to hook to this successfully and see the real deal.

www.fastweb.it/streaming/raisport.asx

To give credit where credit is due, I found this through the www.fsuniverse.net site.

DG

what language is this in? Spanish?

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Gotta make this fast - commercial break!

I run the video in a window, and have the Eurosport audio, which is in English on at that same time. I turn the volume all the way down on the video. I don't think the video coverage is in English.

Enjoy!

DG

sarahmistral

On the Ice
Ladies short--

starts on Friday, March 26th at around 6am EST, I believe; all the links are here for those of you who want your coverage live;)

Sarah