Amber Corwin article | Golden Skate

Amber Corwin article

I hope this doesn't get lost amid all the attention on Worlds, but here is a very thorough and well-writtren article about Amber Corwin by Barry Mittan, just posted on the Golden Skate main page.

Amber plans to start practicing a 3L/3L in the summer. She is a senior at Cal State Long Beach in fashion merchandising. She is one of the athlete representatives to the ISU, where she has had input regarding the CoP.

She looked smashing in her little black Audrey Hepburn dress in Moon River. (That's not in the article, just my own editorial comment, LOL.)

Mathman

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Not lost in the shuffle!!

Thanks Mathman for posting this link!! Amber just seems like such a well rounded young lady, and a great role model for young figure skaters. If there were something in figure skating compareable to the "All Around" comp in gymnastics, I think Amber would get my vote. Good for her on pursuing her passion, and continually working to improve since she obviously feels inspired, and healthy to do so.

DG

ouridol

On the Ice
Thank you for the great article!! I am so happy for Amber, she is a very wellrounded person and skater :D

Lotta

On the Ice
"I still love what I'm doing," Corwin stated. "I'm very into skating.

That's why she's so cool to me. She might be older than all the others but she stays cuz she loves it. :)

She also has a big music collection.

*is planning to steal them all* :laugh:

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I found it difficult to be genuinely interested in Amber's skating before this year. I just couldn't get into her style. But, her "Breakfast at Tiffany's" short was so well done and seemed to fit her perfectly. I also thought her LP was much improved this year. She sounds so well grounded and nice. I would love to see her go out with at least a Nationals medal or some more international medals.