Eurosport - WHY !?! | Golden Skate

Eurosport - WHY !?!

berthes ghost

Final Flight
OK, after all of the glowing gushing from FS fans, why did Eurosport go and change it's format for worlds 2004?

What do we have now?
1. Commercials for really annoying things like "not sold in stores" complations of golden oldie hits
2. Fluff pieces that tell us nothing new, and
3. the most annoying of all - screen in screen. While we are trying to watch someone like the Canadians deliver their SP, we are treated to a screen in screen view of T&M backstage lacing up their skaters and stretching their arms. Argh! It's so distracting and so rude.

sk8m8

Final Flight
bertha, where do you see Eurosport? All I get is the radio and it sounds like two foriegn guys talking on American radio ( Roy Orbison collections and all!:laugh: )

diver chick

On the Ice
I know exactly what you mean - I hate split screens with a passion. The eurosport one is particularly bad though because it puts the skating screen at an odd angle, sort of leaning backwards.

I do like the fluff pieces to be honest but there is a time and a place and during someone elses skate is not it!

On the other hand I found that a lot easier to take than my two housemates laughing at costumes, music and falls and constantly pulling up the digital program guide on the bottom of the screen right when the marks were coming up!!! Aaarghh :sheesh:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
To me the most annoying so far has been them showing those placates where to send a text message to commentator... They are shown although a skater has started the performance!

Marjaana

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Another perspective....

I would LOVE to be able to see so much of the competition, split screens and fluff pieces and bad camera work and all LOL! We just get to see a fraction of the competition here in the states.

Count your blessings LOL!

DG

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
berthes ghost said:
OK, after all of the glowing gushing from FS fans, why did Eurosport go and change it's format for worlds 2004?

What do we have now?
1. Commercials for really annoying things like "not sold in stores" complations of golden oldie hits
2. Fluff pieces that tell us nothing new, and
3. the most annoying of all - screen in screen. While we are trying to watch someone like the Canadians deliver their SP, we are treated to a screen in screen view of T&M backstage lacing up their skaters and stretching their arms. Argh! It's so distracting and so rude.

That sounds really annoyng, especially that screen in screen part. Occasionally Mr. RG flips on that device on our TV and I make him take it off immediately because it really annoys me!:sheesh: :p