Lipnitskaya vs Kim: What will happen in the individual competition? | Golden Skate

Lipnitskaya vs Kim: What will happen in the individual competition?

kikakiks

On the Ice
If Julia wins the OGM by winning fair and square, skating well and everybody faltering, then I am fine with this.

I wish this would be Asada's time, but at this point I am rooting for KIM to give a skating lesson to little Julia.

In the case where everybody ups their game and Julia is still on top (and I could bet right now 1000$ it will happen! we all know it will :popcorn:I am over with this sport.

The Russians found exactly the right time to be treating this sport just like Rythmic gymnastics....

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Obviously Kim has the edge over Julia who should be below her in both Technical mark and Component mark after GEOs.

The only way Yuna can lose is falling once in SP and again in LP.
She's the 2010 Gold medalist so everyone expects her to win again. So if she loses to Julia with a minor mistake, it will be messy. The public will not take this well

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
If Julia wins the OGM by winning fair and square, skating well and everybody faltering, then I am fine with this.

I wish this would be Asada's time, but at this point I am rooting for KIM to give a skating lesson to little Julia.

In the case where everybody ups their game and Julia is still on top (and I could bet right now 1000$ it will happen! we all know it will :popcorn:I am over with this sport.

The Russians found exactly the right time to be treating this sport just like Rythmic gymnastics....

I'm rooting for everyone to go clean,
Sadly it'll mean no medal for Ashley,
But it probably WILL mean podium is the same Ladies at world, Unknown order, With a shot for Gracie Gold too
If Lipnitskaya upsets any of the amazing three when clean, Then yes, We can stop watching the sport :laugh:
But i think she will appeal the most to the common crowd, Because of her age, Cheeks and exceptional spins

kikakiks

On the Ice
Obviously Kim has the edge over Julia who should be below her in both Technical mark and Component mark after GEOs.

The only way Yuna can lose is falling once in SP and again in LP.
She's the 2010 Gold medalist so everyone expects her to win again. So if she loses to Julia with a minor mistake, it will be messy. The public will not take this well

I am sorry to say that unfortunately, the public will not care less how Julia wins, just that she wins.
The public is 95% russian...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
why hostility towards Julia ? if she is clean
I don't see why she should not be rewarded

also don't forget Gracie Gold is also in the mix
if she is clean he has 3Lz-3T and will score in 73-74 range in SP
her max in LP is 140, that could put her above Yuna and Julia

speed, power, body type, and facial beauty just like Kim
Gracie should be scoring well with this two

Kittosuni

Medalist
Unfortunately Yuna is not as invicible as before. But if both skaters will go clean, yuna wins with a decent lead. But lets not forget Mao.

BlackPack

Medalist
Lip's personal best scores are still significantly lower than Yuna's PBS. Lip seems to be slated for bronze though. Yuna and Mao would have to meltdown if Lip is to win the OGM.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I am sorry to say that unfortunately, the public will not care less how Julia wins, just that she wins.

I agree, I think it's weird how you don't feel the crowd, Except for the Russian crowd in that arena,
maybe it's cause it's still early,
I know for me what made me give up my tickets was just being scared to travel there right now, I know another person like that,
I have a couple of friends who said when they went to worlds and GPF, People in the crowd laughed at skaters from other countries when they fell,
And then again, A Facebook friend of mine is there, And he just wrote he's having a wonderful time,
So i'm not yet sure what to make of the atmosphere there

bobbob

Medalist
If Yu-Na skates 100% clean, she will get about 150
Sadly, I'm kind of feeling like Julia will also come close to that number due to the judges' leniencies toward her. The judges want her to win, and she is going to be overscored no matter what. She will probably break 70 pcs if she skates clean; something i find ludicrous and absurd. She deserved around 62 for a clean performance.

kikakiks

On the Ice
why hostility towards Julia ? if she is clean
I don't see why she should not be rewarded

also don't forget Gracie Gold is also in the mix
if she is clean he has 3Lz-3T and will score in 73-74 range in SP
her max in LP is 140, that could put her above Yuna and Julia

speed, power, body type, and facial beauty just like Kim
Gracie should be scoring well with this two

Well, the hostility is not towards Julia, it is towards how she has miraculously improved her "skating" (see PCS and GOE) and towards her Federation.
As I said, this looks like a Rythmic gymnastics contest.

If the Olympics had been in Norway, yesterday's short program results would have been:

Kostner
Lipnistskaia (with minimal margin)
Wagner and Asada tied (but higher score)
and so on

We all know by this time that Skyfly you are Russian...it is fine to root for your fellow countrymen, but please do not be blind with this overscoring...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Unfortunately Yuna is not as invicible as before. But if both skaters will go clean, yuna wins with a decent lead. But lets not forget Mao.

Mao should worry about Gracie too
she has been getting media exposure by US media
they may have dumped Wagner but they will be putting all their eggs on Gracie

Gracie has something Mao lacks, speed and powerful big jumps
the PCS could not be enough for the +GOEs Gracie will be getting
judges love Gracie too

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Sadly, I'm kind of feeling like Julia will also come close to that number due to the judges' leniencies toward her. The judges want her to win, and she is going to be overscored no matter what. She will probably break 70 pcs if she skates clean; something i find ludicrous and absurd. She deserved around 62 for a clean performance.

She went lights out at Europeans, Doing the 2a combo after the halfway and getting 138+
But then again, Both her lutzes there got -1's, If she has the same skate and the judges give her extra points for both she'll definitely be in the 140's

I still can't help but burst into laughter every time she looks back to the judges like a Holocaust victim in that red dress :laugh:

And i don't think Yu-na is going for 7 triples, So no 150 for her

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
We all know by this time that Skyfly you are Russian...it is fine to root for your fellow countrymen, but please do not be blind with this overscoring...

what does rhyhtmic gymnastics have to do with figure skating ? :unsure:
and No, I do not live in Russia

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

62 ? :laugh:
lower than Osmond and Wagner two fotted and UR 3-3s

wake up from fantasy land

kikakiks

On the Ice
what does rhyhtmic gymnastics have to do with figure skating ? :unsure:
and No, I do not live in Russia

Well, you might not LIVE in Russia, but it is quite unique how you bash all skaters except the Russians, and are particularly bitter towards canadians...

Fortunately, Rythmic gymnastics has nothing to do with figure skating....yet....anybody who has followed that sport as myself (a former gymnast) knows what I mean...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

it is not their fault not that many other nationalities didn't came, they were given a quota but it seems it wasn't taken fully
so now it is reported 92% of tickets for today will be sold to nationals and locals

blame the western media who had propaganda about terrorism and pogroms of gay people
the local gays in Sochi even said they were ashamed how many foreigners went to their club and asked just ridiculous questions

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
62 ? :laugh:
lower than Osmond and Wagner two fotted and UR 3-3s

wake up from fantasy land

Why would that influence PCS
I seem to remember you calling me out in another thread when i said inventive moves and transitions should've made D\R PCS a little higher
Are you sure you got your definitions straight ?

bobbob

Medalist
I am taliking about a projected free skate pcs score. in the short program Julia deserved 67-68 no more than that.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Well, you might not LIVE in Russia, but it is quite unique how you bash all skaters except the Russians, and are particularly bitter towards canadians...

Fortunately, Rythmic gymnastics has nothing to do with figure skating....yet....anybody who has followed that sport as myself (a former gymnast) knows what I mean...

No I have no bias but the skaters that I am critical of I just say what I want
come to think of it, I have no idea why most of my disliked are mostly from Canada but
I dont target a nationality nor favor them.

Russians have had their share of overhyped that didn't materialize
like Tuk who didnt event make the team or Elena who is now struggling with puberty it seems
Stepanova / Bukin who will probably become the Gorshkova / Butikov and their Ice Dance junior transition to seniors are a mess