Lipnitskaya vs Kim: What will happen in the individual competition? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Lipnitskaya vs Kim: What will happen in the individual competition?

guanchi

On the Ice
Yuna and Yulia are both transformer robots
They will merge to form YUNIA KIMSKAYA
All problems in this 2.0 skater- small jumps, immaturity, imperfect lines, FEET!!!- will have been fully resolved after a firmware update and rebooting.
Memory chips- Samsung
Software update- 17 yr old from Yekaterinburg
YUNIA will not need gold or silver- It will prefer lithium polymer above all else

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Julia is consistent. That's the thing.

:rofl::rofl:
Agreed. At least when people criticize Julia for her weaknesses I give a fair thought to it but harping Julia's consistency is like harpin on Caro's SSeq or Yuna's jumps. I think some people here watch one or two people and still comment on the rest.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:rofl::rofl::laugh::rofl::rofl:
All problems in this 2.0 skater- small jumps, immaturity, imperfect lines, FEET!!!- will have been fully resolved after a firmware update and rebooting.
Memory chips- Samsung
YUNIA will not need gold or silver- It will prefer lithium polymer above all else

elee63

Final Flight
I think this situation(doubts-rising) might be good to Yuna's mind.
She said about 1 month ago,"It seems consensus and atmosphere have been manufactured [in the media] that I would win OGM again and I've been constantly thinking that's different from the picture I thought...But this time...even if I don't win a gold medal, I know I'll be satisfied with myself and will have no regrets...I'm only going to think of myself...just think of my objectives...will work hard...I think I will have to focus on realizing the objectives."

very true. yuna definitely fares better when she isn't guaranteed anything.

elee63

Final Flight
Memory chips- Samsung

hah

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
if they put a clean julia (however the flutzing problem is kinda annoying and doesn't get edge calls in Russia...) over a clean yuna, they just don't do justice :bang::bang:
also, I'm really wondering why did they put adelina and julia with the koreans in practices, haha, that will make yuna's jumps stand out

Check the protocols again. She got an edge call in the FS and lost a full point in GOE. Normally even with a edge call that most people agree is borderline she doesn't get that much negative GOE so this one must have been blatant.

Just watched the program in HD and realized the landing was a bit iffy so of course the -GOE would be greater.

And how could the international judges put Julia over Yuna. If her jumps are there she will get plus threes across the board just like at world 2013, since Julia gets +2s.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
As well as Julia has skated I fear she may have used up her good skates already. She doesn't have the power or flow of Yuna. But she is far better than I thought and I think her programs suit her perfectly for her age and all. She really could win a medal but I do think Mao or suzuki or carolina will win silver. mao is such a wild card right now. Sotnikova might be in better shape to win bronze than Julia but it is hard to say.the key is can Julia be consistent.

yes she is but I suppose her TGM doesnt count
thus Julia is still inconsistent :rolleye:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just hope a WOMAN will win and not a girl :) It is called LADIES singles isn't it?

That's like rooting against Carolina or Akiko for being old. This post has no value or insight. :disagree:

YunaVN

Rinkside
Julia is great, but i dont think it is fair in her TeS
-3Lz-3T hangs on a little betweem 3Lz and 3T, +2 GOE is ridiculous. Poor speed. I d rather prefer Gold, Edmuns or Radionova more than hers
-2A poor take off, poor air position, poor high, obviously 0 or -1 GOE
-3F definately wrong edge, even more wrong edge than Yuna SP at world, but still Positive GOE.
FAVORITISM AND FLATTERING EVERY WHERE
Look at Jason Brown FS, superb entrance, superb jup, only receive those 0, +1 GOE
How fair!!!!!!! Sigh.
I am so disappointed
Even i am a fan of Julia and Plushenko, i still dont understand and agree why they have so damn flattering score.
Plushenko shiuld be 2nd or 3rd in men FS

gnom

On the Ice
I'd rather prefer Adelina Sotnikova as an OGM than Julia Lipnitskaya. To me she has the more complete package of the Russian girls. Her jumps are impressive if she lands them. And she has more personality on the ice. Hope Adelina, Carolina, Mao and Akiko deliver clean skates. A podium of either of them would be my dream podium - as unlikely as it is.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I'd rather prefer Adelina Sotnikova as an OGM than Julia Lipnitskaya. To me she has the more complete package of the Russian girls. Her jumps are impressive if she lands them. And she has more personality on the ice. Hope Adelina, Carolina, Mao and Akiko deliver clean skates. A podium of either of them would be my dream podium - as unlikely as it is.

the problem is Sotnikova is a headcase

SkateToronto

On the Ice
I don't think that Lipnitskaya has much of a shot at gold, even after seeing her performances in the team event. Time will tell, I suppose.

katymay

Medalist
I don't think that Lipnitskaya has much of a shot at gold, even after seeing her performances in the team event. Time will tell, I suppose.
Dunno, I picked Lipnitskaya to win. I also think Polina, Gracie, Adelina and Kanoko will round out the top five. I think there is a preference for energy and athleticism. If Mao skates her short program the way she did during the Grand Prix, I think she will win the short, but drop out after the long. It seems to me that there is a trend away from the "women", and more toward unpolished pure athletes. And I will continue to maintain that Yuna will be a non factor. In fact, it would not surprise me if she pulls out of the Olympics.

andyjo24

Medalist
I really hope Kim shows Julia who's boss. Kim's jumps are literally triple the size in terms of both height and distance of Julia's jumps. But of course, the judges probably won't care about that, looking at the +1.40 GOE Julia received for her muscled-out triple flutz-triple toe.