World Champion/Triple Klutz Lessons & Practices, 3/22-3/28 | Golden Skate

World Champion/Triple Klutz Lessons & Practices, 3/22-3/28

Yazmeen

On the Ice
A new week everyone, and WORLD'S week, too!! Are you topping the podium or wiping off the ice shavings????

Steppin' up to Gold: Great jump lesson today. Worked on even more length of edge and height with the waltz and worked on a sharper and longer three turn entrance into the sal to make it less "poppy."

Also think I may compete the inside eight figure if I can in May. I seem to be getting it full around and back to center on both sides. NOW, I just have to learn to do it again over the same tracing!!!! :eek:

So, how is your championship week going??? DO TELL!!!! :D

Cinderella on Ice

Bless you, Fairy Godmother, I'm Having a BALL!
On the Ice
Champeen! - Woo hoo, my lesson today was a pretty good one, especially considering I was a little stiff since it's the first time I've skated since the competition. My coach went into great detail about what was good and what needed more work, so I'm all revved up and ready to try to improve wherever I can. We worked on the 2toe today and I am "this close" to landing it. In fact, she's heading off to Europe for 10 days and feels like I might have it by the time she returns. Maybe she could bring me one from England???

Triple Klutz - I've got some heavy stuff going down at work and it's making it difficult for me to find spare time. I'm in Orlando next week and I've found a rink to skate at, but it's 40 minutes from the hotel and I won't have a car. Guess I'll have to get creative and figure something out.

soogar

Record Breaker
Wiping the ice shavings. I felt like a total klutz out there. I'm almost getting a mohawk, and despite doing really nice forward inside 3 turns like I did this past Saturday, I wan't able to stay on the ball of the foot. It was as if I couldn't shift my weight forward or do anything. Then my teacher told me to lay off the turns and to work on spins. I did a few of those but I went back to my turns b/c it was bugging me that I didn't get them. Anyway, there isn't much I can do about it now. I'll just go back to it this weekend.

icer

Rinkside
World champion!: Got to my lesson inspired by the great skating at World's. Ice was not too crowded, flow of my skating was good! Camel spin is coming along- managed to get about 2 1/2 camel-position rotations entering into it on my own (no pull from my coach) and come out with a degree of control. Sit spin muscularly harder, but I'm going into it faster which helps with the position. Attempts at the loop inch forward- definite progress. Summary: a good, fun, productive session!

Triple klutz: still struggling a bit with controlling alternating FO 3 turns.

P.S. Congrats to you, Cinderella! What an inspiration you are.

ComeUndone

Spectator
This is my first post at Golden Skate. I really enjoy reading all of your posts on your lessons!

Just a brief introduction about myself. I'm an adult skater in my mid twenties currently taking group lessons 2 days a week. I started skating lessons two years ago when I was only able to skate comfortably forward (not even able to stop). I've been working on the CanSkate learn-to-skate program and I'm trying hard to pass my CanSkate Stage 7.

Now, on with my lessons!

World Champion: Friday's session was exciting to say the least. As I was practising my pathetic little waltz jump, another coach from the club came and worked with me. She suggested me to swing both of my arms upwards while I swing my free leg upwards. It really worked! My jump finally looked like a jump (rather than a hop). In my burst of excitement, I even tagged on a toe loop after the waltz jump. My very first "combination"!

Triple Klutz: Sunday's session was not pretty. Our coach showed us how to do a loop, a half flip, and a half lutz. As I was practising the half lutz, I fell on the landing and landed on my knees. It wasn't a bad fall except that I have old injuires from snowboarding. Ouch, huge bruise. I even managed to fall two more times during the session. Once on backward chasse and once on RFI 3turn. Oh my.

Cinderella on Ice

Bless you, Fairy Godmother, I'm Having a BALL!
On the Ice
ComeUndone - Welcome to this great group! I didn't see you at first, probably because you were soaring way over my head with your new powerful waltz jump! Great job on getting more height and even being able to do a jump combo. Sounds like you've made great progress in a short time. We're looking forward to getting to know you and learning more about your skating experiences.