2014 Olympics Team Event Mens Free Skate | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Team Event Mens Free Skate

Near

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Will be interesting to see how Plyushchenko does in the free. Hopefully there will be a nice battle between Brown and Reynolds with both of them skating clean. Otherwise its all fairly inconsequential.

Funny how there is a very realistic chance that this is the only time we'll see Parkinson's free.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
predictions, anyone?

1. machida
2. plushy
3. brown
4. parkinson
5. reynolds

predictions on when gs will go down:

1. literally five seconds after it starts

ARipp42014

Medalist
Johnny look so fab! And is it me or did Terry went to the tanning salon overnight? He's so orange!

Tara is lovely, as always!

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Yay! Today it's Daniel Weiss for the German commentary! :) Phew.

ARipp42014

Medalist
I like Parkinson's music cuts but that's about it.

Who's ready for some Riverdance? Brown is next.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Ah Jason had that sequence! :cry:

I love how the other teams are entertained... except for the Russians.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
predictions on when gs will go down:

1. literally five seconds after it starts

No, it was when I was trying to post the BBC TV link before the Men's FS started that GS went down!

As I'm now doing it in a hurry between routines, I'll just quote my post in the TV Schedule thread!

Just a wee reminder that the Men's FS will be starting soon.

Now, because they are showing the Luge until its completion, BBCi1 will not be joining the Men's FS today until 15:30 GMT.

HOWEVER, the Figure Skating will be shown in its entirety on the BBC website, from 14:55 GMT. (i.e. 5 minutes time)

Official BBC Livestreaming Channel

This is NOT the same livestream page that was used for any of the previous competitions

BBCi1 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 301 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): pressing the red button on a BBC channel? (I don’t have cable, so I’m not sure)
Digital satellite (Europe): Ch. 977 on SkyDigital
Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
NOTE: The channel you want for the ski jumping is labelled “BBC RB 1”​

As the skating will now be on a channel that I can record, I will not be leaving before the Free Dance, to have my tea and watch the ski jumping competition (as it is only available via the online coverage), and then playing catch-up with the skating later on.

So, that is why I will be relatively quiet on the forum this afternoon.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought Tara's commentary on Jason Brown was a little too harsh. Yes, he was a little slower and tighter than we're used to seeing, but he had a very respectable debut and he is still a kid at his first Olympics. Yes, he two-footed the 2nd 3Axel and went down on the 3Salchow end of the 3Lutz+3Salchow sequence, but overall he should be pleased. He did not wilt! The US commentators said that Evgeni Plushenko told Jason Brown that he really loves his skating to which Jason replied back to Evgeni, no, I love yours! GO JASON! You're wonderful!! :love: