2014 Olympics Team Event Mens Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Team Event Mens Free Skate

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Not bad Jason! Surely he must've had nerves being his debut performance.

That second 3A was < as was the 3S he fell on and he got level 3 on the step sequence that he usually gets level 4 on.

Anyway a good start and something to build on for the men's even later this week.

Robin Cousins and the BBC crew were a lot nicer! They noted the UR in the 3A and other errors but praised him for his performance and choreography.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Great performance from Kevin. Wasn't sure how he do. That should score well with a high TES.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Kevin should audition to play Peter Pan on next years NBC Live musical.

He should! Too bad he left some points on the table. He missed the 2L and turned a 3T to a 2T at the end of the 3S.

However... 3 quads!

And I agree with everyone. Tara was a little harsh but I prefer her than Sandra any day!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Apparently Plushenko told Jason at practice that he liked his skating and Jason had a typical Jason reaction (excitement, can't believe it, etc). If only they had that on video.

elif

Medalist
I can't believe Reynolds did land three quads but still got 89 TES. Of course he fell but Hanyu and Chan can fall on their quads too and still got 95+ TES. I don't watch mens normally so I don't know scoring but this is strange. His personal best TES is 92 too. I thought quads are important now.

NorthernLite

On the Ice
As I said elsewhere:
Pluschenko gets held up more often than a bank in a bad neighborhood.
Why bother to change the whole scoring system if he can go out there and do the same 1998 program over and over: Land a quad, double a couple jumps [I almost wrote "junks" - Freudian slip], do elementary footwork, a shoulder roll and a Nijinsky pose that's an insult to Adam Rippon - and get hugely overmarked.
(As I also said elsewhere, I think that ridiculous opening shoulder roll was a secret signal to the judges re: how high they should overscore him today.)
I was so meh at the SkatingWhileRussian bias here I first forgot about, then just decided not to watch the remaining disciplines. (Maybe I'll catch them later.)
Oh, but good for Jason for acquitting himself well at his first Olympic event.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
The scoring system makes me sick. Plushy was great considering how bad he was one month ago. Still, he doesn't deserve to lead the pack. It is true, Reynolds could have won with a better Axel and definitely outside Russia. :rolleye:

amusedstranger

Rinkside
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I thought Reynolds should have won this segment. I thought Plushenko's PCS were too high for what he did.