World's drinking game? | Golden Skate

World's drinking game?

Jill

On the Ice
What's the World's Drinking Game? It sounds like something my friends and I would enjoy while watching the Worlds.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Go to FSUniverse and do a search. That's how I found it. I don't know if I can directly link to it or not. It looks like it'll be fun. My brother and I are eating Kahlua cake instead of drinking it straight.:laugh:

Jill

On the Ice
I keep getting Flight Simulator Universe? Can you post a link? Thanks, by the way!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I did that too...

The link is www.fsuniverse.net. I always accidentally type in .com. I've really enjoyed that site as a spoiled person for this Championship.

Happy Hunting!!

DG

Jill

On the Ice
Thank's Doggygirl! Looks like we'll be getting pretty wasted on Saturday night.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know why they won't allow you to register? I registered last November but don't post much and now they won't let me use my ID or password? Can anyone give me info on how they do things over there?

Dee:mad:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi Dee....

I recall seeing something when I registered on Sunday (just under the wire!) that they close down registrations while World's are going on. I think it has to do with concerns about site traffic during the competition and the load on their server.

As an example, while events are going on they have rules such as only pushing "refresh" no more than once every five minutes, and they also restrict posting to sponsors only (I think that means people who donate to the site) once the number of people on line reaches 500.

It's been interesting since a lot of the members are from Europe, and are posting comments as they are watching on TV while I'm only able to listen to the audio feed from Eurosport. So it seems many people go on-line to get some "live action feedback" during the events.

It's interesting that you were registered before, and aren't now. We should find out how that works to make sure we are registered in the right time frame for the next big season.

Mean time, I wish I could copy that post because it is absolutely hilarious. But of course that's against policy at both ends, so won't do that. Just trust me, Dick and Peggy's remarks (and other standard things) are pretty predictable in the US coverage model. That's sort of the basis of the joke, and you would DEFINITELY be hammered by the end of it all if it were a "real" game. :)

DG

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I couldn't get into the thing to read it, either, but I had a feeling it probably had something to do with Peggy & Dick. With Dick Button, I would imagine it would have something to do with the amount of times he says his chosen word or phrase of the night; he has a tendency to use it with every single skater and it seems to vary with each competition and each night -- but you can usually figure out what it's going to be about halfway through the second skater shown.:D

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I think I'm actually going to try this Friday night

It sounds like a good way to get a fun night started!!!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
LOL!!

Johnny, you're definitely on the right track. Heck, we would ALL be hammered if we simply took a sip every time Dick says "that was first rate" or "that layback position needs improvement."

Peggy gushing about Sasha being unbeatable before she even skates, or re-runs of Dick's spins from back before we were born require chugging.

Take a sip when Suzie does an "Ice Move." Chug if the "Ice Move" is done in a harness. LOLOL!

OK - I've probably stepped over the line already, but since this is just a fun thing and not a serious report about a skater's performance I hope I will be forgiven.

Kara...I am MIGHTY JEALOUS that you can play on Friday night!!! No coverage here in the US that I know of on Friday night. So....I guess I'll have to play tonight! That will give me tomorrow to recover, and then play again on Saturday. :)

DG

Evdokia

On the Ice
childfreegirl said:
My brother and I are eating Kahlua cake instead of drinking it straight.:laugh:
Mmmh, Kahlua cake sounds delicious! :) What about posting the recipe for that in the "Le Cafe"-forum? :D

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Well...

I'm sort of playing (not really, but do have an adult beverage in hand LOL) and am LOSING by having to take sips every time Dick mentions "flailing arms" and "nit picking."

:)

DG

lovespirals

Rinkside
Evdokia said:
Mmmh, Kahlua cake sounds delicious! :) What about posting the recipe for that in the "Le Cafe"-forum? :D

Heheh I have a recipe for Bailey Brownie....Interested?:p
Here it is....

Posted: 21 Mar 2004 00:01 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bailey's brownies...yummy!
3 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
1/2 c. butter
1 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3 T. Bailey's Irish Creme
2/3 c. flour
Dash of salt
2/3 C. chocolate chips

Melt unsweetened chocolate with butter (I use the microwave - 'bout two and a half minutes in a pyrex bowl). Mix well, until chocolate is completely melted. Cool.

Beat sugar and eggs together in mixing bowl. Add Bailey's and cooled chocolate mixture. Mix well. Stir in flour, salt and chocolate chips. Pour into greased and floured 8-inch square baking pan. Bake at 325 for 35 minutes (test with wooden pick). Cool completely (about 1 1/2 hours).

Pierce brownies with wooden pick randomly. Drizzle Bailey's over the brownies then frost (I drizzle about the same amount as what I put in the mix - 3 T.).

FROSTING:
3 T. softened butter
4 T. Bailey's
3 c. powdered sugar

In mixing bowl combine Bailey's and butter. Mix well. Gradually add confectioners sugar and beat until spreading consistency. Frost cooled brownies.

(Sometimes I don't frost 'em at all. They're good with just a sprinkling of powdered sugar over 'em.)

Enjoy!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
The Brownies sound great...

But I'm already engaged in liquid refreshments.

I can only hope I'm still awake after the Pairs and Mens free (I think that's what they are showing next on ABC) due to Dick's excessive use of the word "stretch." :) Has it - one sip. Doesn't have it - two sips.

DG

lovespirals

Rinkside
Re: The Brownies sound great...

Doggygirl said:
But I'm already engaged in liquid refreshments.

I can only hope I'm still awake after the Pairs and Mens free (I think that's what they are showing next on ABC) due to Dick's excessive use of the word "stretch." :) Has it - one sip. Doesn't have it - two sips.

DG

LOL!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
With the permission of Wickedwitch at FSUniverse, here are the Hillairious Rules.

The World Championship Drinking Game - ABC/ESPN version
This is only for those watching on American tv. I'm not familiar with the stupid habits of foreign commentators.

General:
-take 1 sip every time Dick "takes his hat off" to someone
-take 1 sip every time Dick says a move is unacceptable
-take 1 sip every time Peggy or Dick says move needs more stretch
-take 1 sip every time Dick reveals his age by talking about competitors from before 1960
-take 1 sip every time a better performance is chacked to show Americans
-take 2 sips every time a better performance is chacked to show a nonAmerican former world medalist
-take 3 sips if a better performance is chacked to show some other random skater
-take 1 sip every time a recycled fluff peice is shown

Dance:
-take 1 sip every time L/T are mentioned
-take another 2 sips if you were a big fan, so you can forget they broke up
-take 1 sip every time a medalist is chacked
-take 1 sip every time Susie wuzrobs B/A or G/P
-take 1 sip if B/A place fourth or lower and Susie says that they deserved bronze
-take 2 sips if B/A place third and Susie says that they deserved silver
-take 3 sips if B/A place second and Susie says that they deserved gold
-take 1 sip every time Susie refers to N/K's "look"
-take 1 sip every time Susie says something completely nonsensical, like how F/S have good lifts or N/K have a lot of difficulty
-take 1 sip for every team in the final flight that they don't show
-take 1 sip every time they talk about Tanith or Denis trying to get citizenship
-take 1 sip every time the US's medalless streak at worlds is mentioned
-take 1 sip every time Max Staviski or Ben Agosto messes up on a twizzle

Pairs:
-take 1 sip every time Dick or Peggy gush over the Chinese pairs
-take 1 sip every time Dick critiszes a death spiral entrance
-take 1 sip every time a pair falls in unison on s-b-s jumps
-chug when the PetTikhs win worlds
-take 1 sip every time it is mentioned that Obe/S, Zag/Siu, and Lan/Arc's coaches used to coach B/S and S/P.

I can't think of anything else either creative or funny for this category that doesn't involve excessive US pairs bashing, which I resolved to give up. Pairs is so boring nowadays. :yawn:

Men:
-take 1 sip every time Weiss does the Mike Pike
-take 2 sips if someone cheers specifically for the Mike Pike
-take 3 sips if a commentator makes fun of the Mike Pike
-take 1 sip every time Yags is mentioned as a coach
-take 1 sip every time an American man does a clean quad
-take 1 sip every time Dick critsizes Plush's arm movements
-take 1 sip every time Weiss talks about his family
-take 2 sips if we actually see his family
-take 1 sip if a commentator actually remembers that Savoie was the GPF bronze medalist in 2001
-chug if nobody lands a clean quad
-drink everything in sight if nobody lands a clean triple Axel

Hmm, perhapse I should resolve to give up Weiss bashing, too.

Ladiezzz:
-take 1 sip every time Dick or Peggy gushes over Sasha, Michelle, or Jenny
-take 1 sip every time the commentators only point out the weaknesses of a European skater
-take 1 sip every time one of Kwan's records is mentioned
-take 1 sip every time a coaching change is mentioned
-take 2 sips if Sasha falls on the toe loop
-take 1 sip if Sasha falls on a different jump
-take 3 sips if Sasha stumbles/falls/trips on a non-jump element
-take 1 sip every time Michelle goes more than 20 seconds without doing anything but stroking
-take 1 sip every time Robin does something excessively enthusiastic
-take 1 sip every time a triple-triple is landed
-take 2 sips if a triple Axel is landed
-take 3 sips if a quad is landed
-chug if the quad was not landed by Miki

Please add more to the list, especially in pairs. :eek:

Edited by DG - please add more before this fluff piece is over!! There should be bonus points if you're still awake when this US TV coverage is over. :)

DG

sarahmistral

On the Ice
1 sip for every time Peggy mentions "extension"
2 sips for every time Dick invents a new Buttonism (i.e. slash and burn vitality)
3 sips if the Buttonism is the result of trying reeeeeally hard to compliment a skater that he wouldn't normally praise
2 sips for every time Dick praises the opposite of what he REALLY thinks of a skater he's trying really hard to compliment (think Joubert vs. Plushenko tonight)

That's my 2 cents...and depending on the substance, just on my four rules alone, I'd be out cold by now:laugh:

Sarah

Last edited: