2014 Olympics Team Event Ladies Free Skate | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Team Event Ladies Free Skate

ARipp42014

Medalist
Osmond was okay!

Gracie is skating clean, even if the button on her collar came off! :agree: Your turn, Julia!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
My Disney obsessed roommate thinks Gracie's costume looks like Elsa's outfit from Frozen.

I don't think I'd guess from Akiko's dress/look that she's nearly 29.

Also, NBC's "LIPNITSKAYA IN X MINUTES" graphic is annoying.

ARipp42014

Medalist
129.38! Nice! Hopefully, that wasn't her peak! There's still the ladies comp. next week.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Wow Julia almost made me cry. It's lovely. She still have room to improve in the Ladies event.

bobbob

Medalist
Again the scoring is absolutely ludicrous. Gracie’s program just was a better overall package than Julia’s. Gracie’s basic skating skills, transitions, interpretation, and choreography are better than Julia’s. And her technical content was about the same as Julia’s, both had strong jumps. I cannot comprehend how Julia got 4 more pts in TES and 8 more points in the PCS. I would give Julia 68 TES/62 PCS and Gracie 67 TES/ 64PCS, they deserved about the same score. Its quite obvious the judges are just testing the waters to see how much over scoring Julia can get without having a controversy. This needs to stop or else Julia will be horribly overscored in the individual event. At this rate, her PCS will be higher than Mao’s/Carolina's, and maybe even Yu-Na’s.

louisa05

Final Flight
Again the scoring is absolutely ludicrous. Gracie’s program just was a better overall package than Julia’s. Gracie’s basic skating skills, transitions, interpretation, and choreography are better than Julia’s. And her technical content was about the same as Julia’s, both had strong jumps. I cannot comprehend how Julia got 4 more pts in TES and 8 more points in the PCS. I would give Julia 68 TES/62 PCS and Gracie 67 TES/ 64PCS, they deserved about the same score. Its quite obvious the judges are just testing the waters to see how much over scoring Julia can get without having a controversy. This needs to stop or else Julia will be horribly overscored in the individual event. At this rate, her PCS will be higher than Mao’s/Carolina's, and maybe even Yu-Na’s.

Totally agree. They should have been scored much closer. Gracie had a few scratchy landings but overall, the quality of her jumps in height and ice coverage is better than Julia's. And I am not a Gracie fan.

The pressure is going to go up about twenty times on Julia. But if they continue to score like this, she'll win if she's clean. And in a year, she will have grown and may not have much for jumps at all...

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I liked Gracie so much! I'm not an expert, but her jumps looked better than Julia's. She has chances to win a medal here and she's still young enough to improve her scores.

(I get tired of the "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." :laugh: )

Selene

On the Ice
The overscoring of Julia Lipnitskaia has reached an insane level. She's a little girl with small jumps who skates with no emotion, but she is being scored like Yuna Kim. Given her consistency and boosted PCS, I think Julia is a lock for at least the silver medal. And if Kim makes any mistake, Julia could win the whole event. That just blows my mind.The insanely boosted scoring for all Russian skaters has seriously marred my enjoyment of this competition.

I'm not a fan of Gracie, but she held it together under pressure. But I think her speed and power (jump quality isn't there, imo) have regressed. Still, I don't understand how she was 12 points behind Julia. For everyone who thinks she is a medal contender, her scoring was a reality check. She didn't even break 130 for a clean skate. That's not going to get her onto the podium.

Akiko had a really rough skate. I could see the numerous cheats while she skated, so I wasn't surprised that she had so many UR/downgrade calls. I know she's a fan favorite, but don't think her technical ability is good enough to get her onto the podium.

mhu714

On the Ice
I totally agree with you bobbob. Julia was certainly great, but TWELVE points better than Gracie, who also was pretty fantastic? No way. She's mature beyond her yrs but she still looks like a little girl on the ice (interestingly, that WAS her LP character). The gumby like flexibility gets everyone's motor going but her last spin traveled from Sochi to Stalingrad. Too bad Korea didn't have an entry bec I'd like to see how the same judges would've scored Kim.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Julie clearly won but come on judges. 141:scratch:

Julia-130
Gracie-125

That seems fair. I thought both were over scored. Gracie was awesome. If she loosens up a on her landings I think she may break 130 in the individual.

My take- placements were fair. ISU might be sending a message and I think it is Next quad be ready for higher scores.

I'm now convinced NBC and IOC are blocking this sight at times!!

s_parks

Record Breaker
It will certainly be intersting(in both a good and bad way) how Kim is scored. She should win if she's even relatively clean(rightfully), but i can also see the judges putting lipnitsakaia over a clean yuna. 141? that's only 7 points below what Kim got in worlds. oy.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The overscoring of Julia Lipnitskaia has reached an insane level. She's a little girl with small jumps who skates with no emotion, but she is being scored like Yuna Kim. Given her consistency and boosted PCS, I think Julia is a lock for at least the silver medal. And if Kim makes any mistake, Julia could win the whole event. That just blows my mind.The insanely boosted scoring for all Russian skaters has seriously marred my enjoyment of this competition.

I'm not a fan of Gracie, but she held it together under pressure. But I think her speed and power (jump quality isn't there, imo) have regressed. Still, I don't understand how she was 12 points behind Julia. For everyone who thinks she is a medal contender, her scoring was a reality check. She didn't even break 130 for a clean skate. That's not going to get her onto the podium.

Akiko had a really rough skate. I could see the numerous cheats while she skated, so I wasn't surprised that she had so many UR/downgrade calls. I know she's a fan favorite, but don't think her technical ability is good enough to get her onto the podium.

This is exactly how I felt at GPF when Mao fell twice(alright one was step out) and beat a clean Julia by twelve points. Home cooking everywhere you go. I have since recovered and put Mao back near the top of my favorites list. I do however think that over the next quad scores are going to continue to rise for all the girls. We'll have to wait and see. There are a lot of new faces coming up! Julia should have won its hard to argue that but Gracie and her were over scored. That wasn't even Julia's best FS!!! She can definitely skate both programs better and that will have everyone here going bonkers when those scores come in! I still think she more than earned her gold medal and was the reason Russia won. Well see how it shakes out in the individual. The Russians have been pushing Sotnikova way more.....could she break a 160...:bang:

Selene

On the Ice
This sort of scoring is what you get when you have a judging panel stacked with Russians/Eastern Europeans and two Russians on the technical panel (who overlooked two of Julia's flutzes, allowing her to earn almost 3 points in GOE.)

Julia and Adelina were scoring PCS around Osmond/Gold until Europeans, when their PCS drastically rose to Kostner/Asada levels. The politicking is so obvious.

Yuna Kim should be worried. Despite being a far superior skater, if she makes a mistake or two in the individual event, these European judges will use it as an excuse to give the OGM to Lipnitskaia.