2014 Olympics Team Event Ladies Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Team Event Ladies Free Skate

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
I don't think Julia-Yuna, who-will-win-gold is about the 3-3 GOEs. Yuna will get more GOE as everyone knows if she nails it.
It is much more about who will skate cleanly. If both skate cleanly, maybe (or definitely?) Yuna will win.
If Yuna makes some mistakes, who knows?

For me, it is just embarrassing Julia got 1.4 and and Gracie got only 0.4 goe on 3-3. The techs and judges seemed too generous to Julia and too strict to Gracie, IMHO.

I am amazed at how quickly Gracie has improved in both artistry and mental strength. I think the scores should have been much closer. Gracie has much better ice coverage and power, jumps higher with better technique, and although Julia is a very good spinner, Gracie is no slouch either. So please tell me how Julia won by 12 points.

AngelENTL

On the Ice
Yulia's steely nerves and consistency are really amazing, but I agree with those who think her jumps are being overmarked in GOE. They are so small. Also, that last spin traveled like crazy, yet she got +1 GOE. Hmph.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Yu Na, for me, is perfection. That said, she will have to be clean. I do think Julia's long is more of an 'Olympic Gold' program than YuNa's. Whoever picked that program for Julia is a genius.

I'm so excited for the ladies!!!:popcorn:

Icey

Record Breaker
Julia does some things that dazzle and I fear that prevents the dazed judges from seeing her short comings. Both panel of judges----for the men and the ladies---should have had to undergo a drug test after this event.;)

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Yu Na, for me, is perfection. That said, she will have to be clean. I do think Julia's long is more of an 'Olympic Gold' program than YuNa's. Whoever picked that program for Julia is a genius.

I'm so excited for the ladies!!!:popcorn:
She picked it herself! A number of choreographers refused to do it, the only one who accepted the challenge was Averbukh. And Julia insisted, that she wants to be that girl in the red dress.

smoothiw

Rinkside
Yes, I don't want Kim to repeat the olympic champion title because I don't believe she is as good as her fans claim her to be. But, bigger reason is because Mao is my sentimental favorite. I really liked what I saw from her practice videos before the team event and I was sure she was gonna nail her jumps. Sadly, nerves got to her and as much as I hate to say this, I'm afraid Mao may struggle in the individual event. Of course, if she nails all of her jumps and gets all level 4s in her elements, who else can claim the title but Mao? However, I want to be realistic while being hopeful so my obvious next choice would be Julia. Julia isn't as good as Mao when Mao is ON, but certainly better than Kim with only 6 triples and mediocre programs of this season.

I am very sad to know that you have no hesitation in showing your hostility to Yuna (or whoever has beaten Mao Asada?)
Don't you think you are ridiculous? How poor.

Just hope that Mao will deliver the goods. The real competition hasn't started yet. Who knows what will happen?
And please be careful to show your hostility towards someone publicly. Trolling makes people tired.

Figure 8's

On the Ice
Julia and Gracie just made this a very exciting skating competition. I really wish they both could win gold.

mhu714

On the Ice
It's definitely time to go back to transparency re: the judging. These sky high PCS scores as well as some of the GOA scores cont to be scandalous, and I'd like to know where these folks are from. How can anyone who's truly objective say Julia deserved +1 for the last spin! However, I'm willing to calm down and see what happens in the actual ladies event. If Kim skates clean she'll win so I'm hoping for that. I have to admit I'm very curious about her, not seeing any footage of her the past few yrs. If Julia wins bec the crowd's hysteria influences the judges it'll be too bad.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Julia does some things that dazzle and I fear that prevents the dazed judges from seeing her short comings. Both panel of judges----for the men and the ladies---should have had to undergo a drug test after this event.;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Elistra

Rinkside
If Kim skates clean she'll win so I'm hoping for that. I have to admit I'm very curious about her, not seeing any footage of her the past few yrs.

Surely you must have watched the video clips from 2013 Worlds. Do you realize that Yuna was the World champion last year?
Anyway, if you are curious, go watch the following links in Youtube. (Footages are from her most recent competition a month ago; 2014 Korean Nationals)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5SDN7NP-Og (SP)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65OW5ECAKr8 (LP)

zamboni step

Final Flight
Julie clearly won but come on judges. 141:scratch:

Julia-130
Gracie-125

That seems fair. I thought both were over scored. Gracie was awesome. If she loosens up a on her landings I think she may break 130 in the individual.

My take- placements were fair. ISU might be sending a message and I think it is Next quad be ready for higher scores.

I'm now convinced NBC and IOC are blocking this sight at times!!

I have to say, for a Lipnitskaya fan, you're very impartial. Or maybe I'm too used to Sky_Fly :laugh:

yuki90

On the Ice
the Russian crowd screaming 'Russia! Russia!' during the time other skaters waiting their score is so embarrassing.Ive never seen this in this sport. they are not skating fans.The score is insane too. 69 to Julia and 61 to Gracie? Gracies jumps, skating, speed is better than Julia. This sports is dead. Enjoy Russian Nationals. This is not the Olympic.

mhu714

On the Ice
Surely you must have watched the video clips from 2013 Worlds. Do you realize that Yuna was the World champion last year? Anyway, if you are curious, you can always search "yuna kim" with "the most recent" for upload setting in Youtube, you know. ;)

Yeah, I did see that. I meant all of this year bec she was hurt.

mhu714

On the Ice
the Russian crowd screaming 'Russia! Russia!' during the time other skaters waiting their score is so embarrassing.Ive never seen this in this sport. they are not skating fans.The score is insane too. 69 to Julia and 61 to Gracie? Gracies jumps, skating, speed is better than Julia. This sports is dead. Enjoy Russian Nationals. This is not the Olympic.

I don't mind the crowd being enthusiastic and nationalistic, it's human nature. I do, however, expect the judges not to be influenced. We'll never know what was in anyone's mind but it's hard not to speculate this contributed to the high marks for Julia.

zamboni step

Final Flight

They're supporting their country, they're bound to chant it if their country does well. You see Americans chanting "USA" all the time, and there's nothing wrong with that either as long as it's used to exhibit pride in one's own country, and not to alienate others'.

Darnella2005

Rinkside

:clap:

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
Urgh. I have no quibbles with tonight's placements but those marks......oi. No way is Julia that many points ahead of her competitors. And I find her presentation as cold and empty as Gracie's. I still get the impression that I'm spying on Julia as she skates and that my presence is not welcome. At least Gracie's coldness feels more analytical than outright resentment.

To end on a more positive note: Akiko is still my queen of skating. In spite of the technical bobbles she still had me in tears. Just beautiful! I hope she has her nerves under control now and can kick butt at the individual event! And I was pleased for Osmond too. She represented herself well especially after a tough season of injury. Though, man! That fall on the lutz looked rough.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I fully own my middle aged prudeness, but day-um I feel like I am being mooned watching Osmond. She pretty much has a thong under her skirts on all her dresses.

AngelENTL

On the Ice
As long as we're spreading the love, shout out to Valentina Marchei. Loved her delight at being in 2nd before Lipnitskaya skated.

Tesla

Final Flight
I fully own my middle aged prudeness, but day-um I feel like I am being mooned watching Osmond. She pretty much has a thong under her skirts on all her dresses.

Yeah, I was distracted by the cheeks hanging out.