Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
so Tessa's and Scott's chances to defend the gold are smashed...definitely

elif

Medalist
Tessa and Scott's lifts are problematic. They did mistakes on them and lost some GOE. Davis/White's dance is much more close and difficult. I think scores are very fair.

elif

Medalist
Tessa and Scott's lifts are problematic. They did mistakes on them and lost some GOE. Davis/White's dance is much more close and difficult. I think scores are very fair.

Sorry. They didn't lost really. One judge just gaved them +3 for first lift. For of them gave +2 too. I must be blind :rolleye: OK last lift didn't really count but Tessa almost fell on Scott in there. Still got almost same GOE as Davis/White.:eek:

They didn't see Davis/White's twizzles too.:laugh:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I couldn't watch any of the skating today--the live feeds were more like a series of still pics. But 114 and change? Madone! Well I guess it will be up on youtube in a few weeks. Or does anyone know anywhere else the vids are posted that won't be yanked off the web in nanoseconds? If I remember correctly, NBC posted tons of videos in Vancouver in a short time frame after the competetions. Thanks!

sweetskates1

Medalist
The scores earned are indicative of the abilities shown. Davis/White have deserved the gold accompanied by a larger margin for many competitions now. D/W were not even at their best this competition - they are able to rise to the occassion and I expect a world record established when all is said and done.

so Tessa's and Scott's chances to defend the gold are smashed...definitely

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
D/W were the best and they will win the gold medal, but I got really emotional after V/M's program. I'll miss them after this competition.

cptnhastings

On the Ice
V/Ms DiSt was given a level 2. D/W were given a level 4. That's 3 points right there. Can V/M "fix" that in the next week?

I thought D/W's twizzles were off and shouldn't've scored higher in GOE than V/M's twizzles, but I'm no expert in dance for sure so I dunno. Plus it wouldn't change anything at the end of the day.

I do like D/W's program better but I'd like to see a closer finish next week.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
d/w skated better but seven points better? SEVEN POINTS?

SEPT? SIENTE? SIEBEN? 七?

naw man

I had to laugh watching NBCSN's Tara Lipinski say she couldn't find any flaws with D/W program, and then 2 seconds later, they showed a slow mo of their twizzles where they were clearly out of sync. And she and Johnny said absolutely nothing. Why is everyone afraid to criticize D/W's programs? They have no problem saying Jeremy Abbot tanked, Ashley two foots her landings, and Jason Brown fell and wasn't his best today.

Near

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I wish V/M would have been able to close the gap but unless D/W have a fall (like that is going to happen) the gold looks to be sefinitively gone.

Still, hopefully they will hold on to silver and retire on a good note. And hopefully they'll clean up their short.

Selene

On the Ice
World record free dance score for D/W. I'm not sure I agree with that, given the problems with their twizzles. I think they've skated better. But I was nice to see the judges giving someone other than a Russian competitor their due for a change (probably because the Russians don't have a shot at the gold.)

D/W carried the US team on their back. The other skaters should thank them for the bronze medal.

gnom

On the Ice
Some thoughts:

I/K - loved the Russians today. To me they are Russia's #1. I think B/S are dreadfully boring.
V/M - something is missing in their FD this season. I am not convinced by their program regardless how the perform technically.
D/W - bad bad bad music (can't stand Sheherazade at all) good skate. Deserved win.

bobbob

Medalist
My main quibble again is with the overscoring of the Russians, I/K. With this scoring of the Russians, maybe B/S, I/K can beat V/M after all, which is ridiculous. B/S, I/K are miles miles off of V/M; they have absolutely no grace and elegance at all comapred to V/M.

rosacotton

Final Flight
Good skates from the top three. I'm glad V/M and D/W weren't absolutely clean here, leaving room for improvement in the individual event.

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
I thought V/M score was too high. The Russians should have beat them. They had a problem with every single lift. That is just s bad, bad, bad freedance. After they finished almost no reaction from the crowd, even some of the lower ranked teams got a better response.... And what the hell was that red thing Tessa was wearing? Looked like something from a after Christmas yard sale.

emma

Record Breaker
I was so wowed by I/K - and their costumes are great!!!!

The D/W twizzle error was pretty obvious, even before the slow mo. But, other than that, fabulous - I just couldn't believe it. I can't comment on the score, but the place, for me, is without question. The thing that is so great about dance, is I just feel certain V/M are going to attack their SD and FD and so will many of the others - which means, we have a lot of great skating to look forward to!!

Ice Diva

On the Ice
V/M's skate quite divine - loved her Faberge patterned costume. It's great to hear all the top coaches & skaters abuzz about how good they are. I/K - wonderful skate - they are definitely a team to watch for the future. D/W - I admire this team but hate this program - just another S/D with a bunch of hopping & her lying on his back. Laughable scores for them -- interesting how the only highly inflated scores were for the Russians and D/W -- kinda makes the L'Equipe article about the Russia/US figure skating deal seem way much more plausible all of a sudden!

katia

On the Ice
I thought V/M score was too high. The Russians should have beat them. They had a problem with every single lift. That is just s bad, bad, bad freedance. After they finished almost no reaction from the crowd, even some of the lower ranked teams got a better response.... And what the hell was that red thing Tessa was wearing? Looked like something from a after Christmas yard sale.
Well, I agree with you that the judging is ridiculous, although why it is ridiculous is another matter. For me the inflated Russian points are ridiculous.
As for Russians, they were not very good and their marks are ridiculous.
Finally, of course that the Russians would cheer for their own pair. And they would cheer regardless of whether that pair is good or not. They are not............. Canadians.:rolleye: