Ladies Q A - Notes & Results | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies Q A - Notes & Results

Rosaleen said:
PLEASE NOTE: All of these worlds reports are copyright Golden Skate and are not to be copied & pasted to other internet message boards, web-sites or email lists. You are very welcome to link to the forums from other web-sites. Registration is required, but it’s free.

Group #1

Fumie Suguri JPN Start # 1
Ordinals 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Symphony #40 by Mozart really pretty turqoise with flowing bell sleeves
3z3t great start / she’s flying across the ice / 3f landed partially forward on the wrong foot & changed feet / 3s is good / just missed a spin / flycam is very nice good stretch / end of 1st section and she’s doing some lovely chor to slower section / 3l went into it really tentative and it went up bad could see it wouldn’t happen landed on 2 feet / 3z is high & pretty / travelling 3’s into 3t / 2a / layback with stretched strt leg is very nice / music picks up with piano and so does she to do a 2f / O ftwrk starts over very detailed then a big split jump and into simpler turns all in same direction / excellent combo spin with very fast scratch to end /
Firewire,
According to Rosalee, who is there reporting on Worlds, as well as the AFP story, "Wake-up call for Kwan as Japanese duo surge to lead,"
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...afp/20040324/ts_afp/fskate_world_040324185739
Fumie only landed four triples, none of which were in a 3/3 combo. "[Ando's] teammate Fumie Suguri, bronze medallist for the past two years and winner of the ISU Grand Prix Final, dropped to eighth position after a poor showing with just four triples in her programme to Mozart's Symphony No. 40."

Going by Rosalee's description and the AFP story (since I'm not there), Fumie's standing sounds reasonable to me given her performance.
Rgirl

alain707

Rinkside
Re: Re: Ladies Q A - Notes & Results

Rgirl said:

Fumie only landed four triples, none of which were in a 3/3 combo. "[Ando's] teammate Fumie Suguri, bronze medallist for the past two years and winner of the ISU Grand Prix Final, dropped to eighth position after a poor showing with just four triples in her programme to Mozart's Symphony No. 40."

Going by Rosalee's description and the AFP story (since I'm not there), Fumie's standing sounds reasonable to me given her performance.
Rgirl

I wouldn't put too much trust in the AFP story report. They also say that Kwan opened her program with a "single toeloop" and that Cohen decided to leave out a "seventh triple toeloop"!!! They don't mention that Sasha had no loop in her skate (see Rosaleen's report; but I also read it elsewhere) which is more an issue than not repeating the toeloop.