Shizuka Arakawa and Tarasova | Golden Skate

Shizuka Arakawa and Tarasova

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
Arakawa, who recently left coach Richard Callaghan to train with Tatiana Tarasova, was the group's clear winner. After opening with a double Lutz-triple toe combination, she hit a nice triple Salchow-triple toe combination. Overall she hit six triples and collected all of the first-place ordinals.

I thought Tatiana was going to coach only Russians?!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
thisthingcalledlove said:
I thought Tatiana was going to coach only Russians?!
From what I've heard, she went to Moscow, found out that she would have a lot of difficulty finding decent ice time, and decided to go back to the States until Turin.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
how exciting! Sasha and Shizuka are both in first?!

It reminds me of the days when Yagudin and Pluschenko would skate against one another, one the former pupil of Mishin, and the other, the current star.

I hope they don't choke.

Shizuka and Sasha are two of my favorite skaters and I'm thrilled for both of them, though I'm rooting for a number of other skaters as well. Of course a lot can happen between now and the finals.

But as for Tarasova vs. Wagner--both coaches of the current OGMs in men's and ladies' singles--now there's the real battle! Let's just say the fur and teeth will be flyin'!:laugh:
Rgirl:)

PS All you reporters (mucho thanks, BTW), be sure to keep an eye out for any interaction between TAT and WAG. WE WANT DIRT!:p

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Rgirl said:
PS All you reporters (mucho thanks, BTW), be sure to keep an eye out for any interaction between TAT and WAG. WE WANT DIRT!:p

Yeah, like if TT should try to smother WAG under that fur coat, WE WANT TO KNOW! :eek: :D :laugh: