Short Program-Ladies Draw | Golden Skate

Short Program-Ladies Draw

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
It looks like Ando will be leading off the last flight of skaters for the short program, with Michelle skating second (a good spot for her), and Sasha skating second to last. It seems so odd to see Irina skating in any other flight but the last. She's gutsy, though, for making a try at Worlds after having so many medical problems this year............42

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Thanks Show!

I was wondering when the draw would be up. It really hit home how deep the ladies field is when I pulled up the page. WOW there are some terrific skaters all the way back in warm up group 3!!!! We are in for some thrills.

DG

eliza88

On the Ice
I think it is a good spot for Michelle--she'll have the luxury of the whole warm-up and a bit of time to get herself focused. She has skated early so many times so this should feel normal to her! Also a good spot for Sasha.

So many good skaters! I can't wait!

eliza88

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
FOR THE SHORT PROGRAM:

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Ji-Eun CHOI KOR 27 5.6
2 Jenna McCORKELL GBR 25 5.2
3 Julia LAUTOWA AUT 29 6.0
4 Sara FALOTICO BEL 25 5.2
5 Michelle CANTU MEX 29 6.0
6 Mojca KOPAC SLO 27 5.6
Warm-Up Group 2
7 Zuzana BABIAKOVA SVK 19 4.0
8 Daria TIMOSHENKO AZE 23 4.8
9 Dan FANG CHN 21 4.4
10 Miriam MANZANO AUS 23 4.8
11 Annette DYTRT GER 19 4.0
12 Valentina MARCHEI ITA 21 4.4
Warm-Up Group 3
13 Fumie SUGURI JPN 15 3.2
14 Viktoria VOLCHKOVA RUS 13 2.8
15 Jennifer KIRK USA 13 2.8
16 Sarah MEIER SUI 17 3.6
17 Idora HEGEL CRO 15 3.2
18 Anne Sophie CALVEZ FRA 17 3.6
Warm-Up Group 4
19 Joannie ROCHETTE CAN 9 2.0
20 Susanna POYKIO FIN 7 1.6
21 Elena LIASHENKO UKR 7 1.6
22 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 11 2.4
23 Jennifer ROBINSON CAN 11 2.4
24 Irina SLUTSKAYA RUS 9 2.0
Warm-Up Group 5
25 Miki ANDO JPN 3 0.8
26 Michelle KWAN USA 5 1.2
27 Shizuka ARAKAWA JPN 1 0.4
28 Elena SOKOLOVA RUS 3 0.8
29 Sasha COHEN USA 1 0.4
30 Julia SEBESTYEN HUN 5 1.2

curious

Final Flight
I don't like michell's draw I wanted her to go later but well, let's hope she does great Irina too:D

jesslily

Final Flight
I don't like Michelle's draw either. It may give her extra pressure
sice she has to skate between two skaters who beat her in the qualifying round.

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
I think Sasha, Michelle, and Irina have very good draws! Let's hope they, as well as the rest of the ladies, perform well! :D

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Nope, the pressure rests on the shoulders of the last skater.....she's actually in a good spot. She gets her full warm-ups, and gets to skate before her muscles tighten up..........42

ouridol

On the Ice
WOW :eek: Fumie, Vika, and Jenny are only in Warmup 3! That just shows how tough it is this year. I think Sasha and Michelle have good draws--good luck to them! I think they main competition will be between Sasha, MK, MIki, and Shizuka. I also hope that Irina, Jenny, and Fumie do well! GO LADIES! :D

rpiche

Rinkside
ouridol said:
WOW :eek: Fumie, Vika, and Jenny are only in Warmup 3! That just shows how tough it is this year. I think Sasha and Michelle have good draws--good luck to them! I think they main competition will be between Sasha, MK, MIki, and Shizuka. I also hope that Irina, Jenny, and Fumie do well! GO LADIES! :D

There will be lots of carnage left after the SP. Let the bloodbath begins.

guinevere

Final Flight
I think Irina got a good draw.

I was thinking that Sasha got a huge present with that draw, and Michelle got her usual rotten early draw - but then I realized this is the short program, and now I think Michelle's draw is fine (still think Sasha's is good too). Draw just isn't quite as big of an issue in the short, since you either hit the elements, or you don't.

Was it last year when Mikey went 1st in the SP and still came out in something like 3rd going into the LP? (Was that even Worlds? I'm so bad at keeping track of SPs since I hardly ever get to SEE any of them!). I know that comp had no Q round, but it does show that the mandatory deductions offset some of the effects of the draw in the SP.

guinevere

Evdokia

On the Ice
Poor Fumie, poor Vika, not only that they have to skate in the 3rd group, even with that they go got a bad draw. :(

Kwantessence

Rinkside
The skater that is least affected by the draw, is Ando. Like Weir, this competition is more like a vacation for Ando, even moreso because Arakawa is bound to end up on the podium. Unlike Weir, Japan (after qual rounds) is in no danger of losing their 3 ladies for worlds. Arakawa has everything going for her, excellent quality edges, high technical content in sp & lp, & Tarasova's superb finessing skills. Ando has no risk pressure to factor into her programs, therefore she can skate with complete freedom. For placement reasons and marks, Michelle has the worst draw. However, Michelle should have the best draw for nerves and perhaps focus. She only has to skate after one of the skaters who was placed higher than her in the qualifying round. Although after seeing a sample of Michelle's qualifying skate, I can't help but question how focused Michelle really is, so I can't say that skating first is beneficial for her focus.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
It's weird seeing Slutskaya in the second-to-last group with Jennifer Robinson and Joannie Rochette. And those skating in the group before that!!! This is a weird worlds!!!

kyla2

Final Flight
Michelle

Michelle will come out fighting no matter what the draw. Because of her less than spectacular QR performance, she knows what she has to do, and that is skate two excellent performances. She is always at her toughest when she comes from behind.