Savchenko/Szolkowy NEW SP - Pink Panther | Golden Skate

Savchenko/Szolkowy NEW SP - Pink Panther

paircheck

Final Flight
WOW!!!

Ingo steuer and Tatjana Flade in their blog mentioned that they are going to skate an short version of their 2010/2011 FP to pink panther as their new Sp.

V/T are going to skate to "Black swan" in their FP ...

what a switching..... ???

what do u think??? ... clever or stupid???

I think it's a very good decision. "When Winter Comes" was one of Savchenko/Szolkowy's weakest programs in recent years. It lacked highlights and didn't have a 'WOW' effect. I am very surprised to see such a last minute change but I hope they can pull it off.

As for V/T, it's not like they ever had a well choreographed FS but "Black Swan" at least had some character (even if just during posing :p).

ntk87

On the Ice
I think it´s a good decision too... Specially watching their competitors SP
These days I have seen V/T videos training in Sochi their Jesus Christ FP, so I think this isn´t true...

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I kind of liked When Winter comes. It was sweet. The thing was it paled in comparison to Waltz Masquerade. Anyway, no matter what V/T skate to, if they change their long or not, I don't think they will be beaten. Not in Sochi, not in that arena. S/S have to be perfect and V/T must have several mistakes ala Euros. And even then...it won't happen, imho.

I kind of liked When Winter comes. It was sweet. The thing was it paled in comparison to Waltz Masquerade. Anyway, no matter what V/T skate to, if they change their long or not, I don't think they will be beaten. Not in Sochi, not in that arena. S/S have to be perfect and V/T must have several mistakes ala Euros. And even then...it won't happen, imho.

At this stage, given what the scoring has been like, S/S will be lucky not to lose the silver to Stolbova/Klimov. :p

True. Vancouver repeat?

That has been my fear for a while now. After seeing the Team Event scoring, S/S need to skate clean for silver and they need to skate clean while V/T fall at least 3 times for gold. So no throw triple axel experiments, please!

s_parks

Record Breaker
I love this move. But as others have mentioned before, they will have to go clean with V/T making several glaring mistakes. I'm starting to think they(and the other russian skaters) have an infinite number of cushions for mistakes...

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
V/T are going to skate to "Black swan" in their FP ...

Where have you heard / read this? That's new to me, and very late if it was true. (though I personally much prefered their Black Swan to this year's JCS)

About S/S's Pink Panther: Katarina Witt went to Daniel Weiss to chat for a bit on the German Internet channel and said that she believed it was a good move, because "feisty" works better for Aliona than "romantic".
It's impossible to compare really since we haven't seen the new SP, but I sincerely hope there will be more "skating to the music" than with "When Winter Comes".
If you see how much (transitions, choreography) was going on during their Pina LP, then Nutcracker in comparison feels to me like a background music during element practice. It's slow and flowy to allow them to focus more on executing the elements, and I thought that "When Winter Comes" - although a nice program - was chosen and choreographed with the same idea in mind.

dress

On the Ice
It's clever because the SP they did this season did not highlight their biggest quality which is their athletism and the WOW factor. They are truly spectacular, and they must use it. I just hope she won't wear the same costume. I was not a big fan of the outfit even if it suited the program well.

elif

Medalist
I hope this is just a joke :laugh: I like both teams and I don't think there is enough time for change.:eek:

B

bingbing

To me it's absolutely not a smart move. So sad for this.
But anyway, just hope everything could go well for them in the following days.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Wonderful move! Thei 2011 FS was the program that really made me fall in love with them, I hope thia SP will be as good as that! :love:

TarAncalime

On the Ice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89ZcKUnx8DM

Short program training from yesterday...it looks good....! As to chances...BOTH pairs have to skate clean in the Short and long program....all the rumours around possible manipulations arent good for the public image of the Games anyway. There will be a lot of scrutiny on the judges. Rightly so...

V/T havent announced any changes in the LP so the Black Swan LP rumour is just that, a rumor. Ingo Steuer said in the press conference that Pink panther was a well laid out "Plan B" in preparation...they got inspired actually at the Cup of China last year when Chinese fans gave Aljona 2 Pink Panthers as mascots - isnt that sweet? people loved their World Cup 2011 win with the Pink panther LP and thats what you need with Olympics - making an impact! And yes, Aljona will be skating in Pink! She designed the costumes, after all!

When Winter Comes will be skated as an Exhibit program at the gala, the plans are.

Thank you for sharing the practice video, TarAncalime.

I love how fun the choreography is and how much character the program has. I hope it's going to work well as a whole. I'm slightly worried it might feel a little disjointed.

paircheck

Final Flight
Where have you heard / read this? That's new to me, and very late if it was true. (though I personally much prefered their Black Swan to this year's JCS)

About S/S's Pink Panther: Katarina Witt went to Daniel Weiss to chat for a bit on the German Internet channel and said that she believed it was a good move, because "feisty" works better for Aliona than "romantic".
It's impossible to compare really since we haven't seen the new SP, but I sincerely hope there will be more "skating to the music" than with "When Winter Comes".
If you see how much (transitions, choreography) was going on during their Pina LP, then Nutcracker in comparison feels to me like a background music during element practice. It's slow and flowy to allow them to focus more on executing the elements, and I thought that "When Winter Comes" - although a nice program - was chosen and choreographed with the same idea in mind.

in a german blog... not officially.... but I think they ca skate to what they want + 3 falls in each Programm... they gonna get the OGM ...

http://www.paarlauf-fanclub.de/olympia-2014/

cptnhastings

On the Ice
Seeing the practice video makes me feel better about the change. Also glad to see from the Olympic results page that they are doing the throw flip instead of the axel. Good luck to S/S today!