Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ashamed & Disgusted

Tripping on the Podium
    Why would one not jeer when a rival opponent makes a mistake? It is a sport! Don't we do that in other sports? When the other team strikes out or hits a foul don't we cheer? What's the difference? I jeer when a skater I don't like falls or messes up. It's only natural. I'm not wishing them to get physically hurt but why would I want them to skate well? That's absurd. This aint no beauty pageant!

Quote Originally Posted by Fruit Loops View Post
    Sometimes I secretly wish a skater would fall even though I know that would cheapen my favourite's "victory". Figure skating brings out the snot in all of us. I just keep my opinions between me and my TV screen.
    Same here! And if those skaters I secretly wanted to fall really fall, I feel quite guilty

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvia451 View Post
    Same here! And if those skaters I secretly wanted to fall really fall, I feel quite guilty
    Oh my goodness, me too! I'm always like "I didn't meant it!" Competitions with too many falls are boring and have everyone questioning the judging even more. When everyone is clean it really all comes down to personal preference and I accept that about this sport.

I don't mind national biases or biases of any kind among fandom. Of course we are going to have our favourites and think they are the best. That's why we're their fans! Just play nice with the other fans.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruit Loops View Post
    Oh my goodness, me too! I'm always like "I didn't meant it!" Competitions with too many falls are boring and have everyone questioning the judging even more. When everyone is clean it really all comes down to personal preference and I accept that about this sport.

I don't mind national biases or biases of any kind among fandom. Of course we are going to have our favourites and think they are the best. That's why we're their fans! Just play nice with the other fans.
    Shame on you all

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSkater View Post
    Shame on you all
    (where is the angelic smiley when you need it?)

Custom Title
    I'm ashamed and disgusted by people who don't seem to understand the concept of free speech and start pearl-clutching threads. This is a SPORTS forum, not a tea party. People are going to have opinions about skaters' skating, good or bad. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyaHardlyEver View Post
    Why would one not jeer when a rival opponent makes a mistake? It is a sport! Don't we do that in other sports? When the other team strikes out or hits a foul don't we cheer? What's the difference? I jeer when a skater I don't like falls or messes up. It's only natural. I'm not wishing them to get physically hurt but why would I want them to skate well? That's absurd. This aint no beauty pageant!
    I remember when back in '92 they showed Yamaguchi during Ito's skate. What was her reaction when Ito fell? She winced as if in pain. That is sportsmanship.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyaHardlyEver View Post
    Uh...no? Personally, I don't jeer any competitor in any sport. What a nasty little life you lead.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cheerio2 View Post
    I'm ashamed and disgusted by people who don't seem to understand the concept of free speech and start pearl-clutching threads. This is a SPORTS forum, not a tea party. People are going to have opinions about skaters' skating, good or bad. Deal with it.
    Then why come on this thread ?!

Custom Title
    FCOL Sky - this thread is about NOT trashing skaters but rather just showing support for those you like. It wasn't intended to be yet ANOTHER thread for you to flood with your pointless trash talk....... We get it.. you didn't like the results from FOUR years ago.... GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    agreed home boosting happens in host countries in Vancouver 2010 lets not forget the inflated marks of Vortue / Moir, Joannie Rochette and the notorious Dube / Wolfe, in Salt Lake Slutskaya was undermarked on the SP, Hughes got huge scores once Kwan was no longer a threat for the OGM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2